Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Congrats on the boys and girls everyone!

I'm hoping my resolve to not find out holds in the big scan on Thursday...

My brother in law commented the other day that all his friends want to know the gender, people I've never met before..

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

My scan is three weeks on Thursday and I am the same, hoping my resolve holds out lol. It's hard!

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    My scan is three weeks on Thursday and I am the same, hoping my resolve holds out lol. It's hard!

I have this idea in my head that I might find out by accident by looking at the screen, despite the fact I am not a qualified sonographer. I have such notions sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

My big scan is next week and I am hoping to find out lol...

Dobbit wrote: »
    I have this idea in my head that I might find out by accident by looking at the screen, despite the fact I am not a qualified sonographer. I have such notions sometimes.

haha I am the same! More often than not the untrained eye confuses the placenta for something else :rolleyes:
    emka1984 wrote: »
    My big scan is next week and I am hoping to find out lol...

Goodluck emka! I hope the little one plays ball and your sonographer can see what you are having :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

The sonographer printed out a picture and wrote the words "PENIS" on it and I still cant see it so I think you will be fine! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Fair play to you if you do - not so bad now that I'm 34 weeks things look more human shaped in general but at start Dr would be like there's the leg, there's the face... I would just nod and smile, hadn't a clue what she was on about half the time!

cowlove wrote: »
    The sonographer printed out a picture and wrote the words "PENIS" on it and I still cant see it so I think you will be fine! :)

Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Am I the only August baby that is absolutely not going to find out? Is it an old fashioned thing now? :o I thought loads of people opted for a surprise, on their first at least :D

Am I the only August baby that is absolutely not going to find out? Is it an old fashioned thing now? :o I thought loads of people opted for a surprise, on their first at least :D

I think a lot of people here and in general don't want to find out :-) thankfully the hubby and I are on the same page and both want the same thing!

• Advertisement

I don't want to find out and we won't be finding out. I'm so curious and I won't lie it's so tempting but I want to find out on the big day and I want my husband to be the one to announce "it's a...." :)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

I dont want to find out ! I didnt find out on my last two babies so i wont again this time ! The midwife showed me the baby first to see if it was a girl or a boy ! It was wonderful ! I totally get people wanting to find out though but i just love the surprise , not many of those left in this world !

Congratulations to everyone who found out very exciting news ! Im sure you are driving yourself nuts picking names now ! We had 5 girls and 5 boys names picked on our first and decided to wait to see the baby then pick from list to what suited best ! The minute we both were asked by midwife did we have a name for our little girl we both said the same name from the list it was lucky it was the same one ! She just looked like it was her name ! We burst out laughing and crying all very emotional ! Be ready for crying ladies its just mad !

catchery wrote: »
    I dont want to find out ! I didnt find out on my last two babies so i wont again this time ! The midwife showed me the baby first to see if it was a girl or a boy ! It was wonderful ! I totally get people wanting to find out though but i just love the surprise , not many of those left in this world !

Congratulations to everyone who found out very exciting news ! Im sure you are driving yourself nuts picking names now ! We had 5 girls and 5 boys names picked on our first and decided to wait to see the baby then pick from list to what suited best ! The minute we both were asked by midwife did we have a name for our little girl we both said the same name from the list it was lucky it was the same one ! She just looked like it was her name ! We burst out laughing and crying all very emotional ! Be ready for crying ladies its just mad !

Ya, good idea with having a few names chosen I think! And even if one knows what it's meant to be, I think it's still no harm to have a few names for the opposite sex just in case - a good few of my friends had a surprise in the end, even though they thought they knew what they were expecting ;-) that can be a bit of a shock I guess!!

I hate surprises, lol, which is why I'd rather know if I can. But if the baby decides not to show itself enough, I won't be doing any additional scans just to find out... it'll be what's meant to be :-)

I always thought I wouldn't want to find out but now that I am pregnant I changed my mind. Couldnt wait I suppose.

A friend of mine was pregnant last year and just said what is the point of spending time thinking of 50% of names that won't be needed. That kinda made sense. We had a girls name all sorted but we are having a boy and cannot find one at all.

I always thought I wouldn't want to find out but now that I am pregnant I changed my mind. Couldnt wait I suppose.

A friend of mine was pregnant last year and just said what is the point of spending time thinking of 50% of names that won't be needed. That kinda made sense. We had a girls name all sorted but we are having a boy and cannot find one at all.

We have a boys name sorted but can't decide on a girls name :D

We have a boys name sorted but can't decide on a girls name :D

Will we swap?? :P

We agree on tons of girls names so we have a good list there but we only have one boys name. I totally agree on having a few names on each list so we need to get our thinking caps on!

Just back from the big scan, all looks good! Phew!

I did not accidentally find out the sex, I thought I saw a penis at one point but I could have been looking at anything the scan was so blurry so impossible to say. Husband now thinks it's a boy though because, and I quote, "I think it has a boy face". I chose to marry this person... :P

Just back from the big scan, all looks good! Phew!

I did not accidentally find out the sex, I thought I saw a penis at one point but I could have been looking at anything the scan was so blurry so impossible to say. Husband now thinks it's a boy though because, and I quote, "I think it has a boy face". I chose to marry this person... :P

We thought ours "looked like a boy" at our 12 week scan :P:P:P

Glad it all went well Dobbit!

We thought ours "looked like a boy" at our 12 week scan :P:P:P

Glad it all went well Dobbit!

:O but you ARE having a boy! Maybe he is on to something there!

• Advertisement

:O but you ARE having a boy! Maybe he is on to something there!

Who knows!? You will have to wait and see if your husband was right :D

Delighted to hear all went well and you managed to avoid 'accidentally' finding out hehe. Maybe yourn husband is right!!! I think the 3d image we got last week makes ours look like a boy lol

If he is right I will never hear the end of it!

Great news dobbit ! Glad all went well im having mine done this afternoon ! I will warn everyone i dont want to know before the gel even touches my belly ! Im shattered today busy morning in work and now school pick ups ill be asleep when they are doing the scan lol ! Bit nervous to be honest with this one hope all is ok !

Goodluck this afternoon Catchery!

catchery wrote: »
    Great news dobbit ! Glad all went well im having mine done this afternoon ! I will warn everyone i dont want to know before the gel even touches my belly ! Im shattered today busy morning in work and now school pick ups ill be asleep when they are doing the scan lol ! Bit nervous to be honest with this one hope all is ok !

Good luck!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Good luck catchery! I'm just back from mine and all looks good, which is a big relief.

At one point his leg was stretched right up in front of his face, which looked uncomfortable but the doctor doing the ultrasound said it was normal and they're quite bendy at this stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Best of luck with the scans everyone. I have my big one on 15th. Still no movements yet. 20 weeks this weekend so halfway there

Best of luck with the scans everyone. I have my big one on 15th. Still no movements yet. 20 weeks this weekend so halfway there

Mines on the 20th, I'm only 18 weeks so will be 21 weeks by then. Still no definite movement, I thought I felt something last night but wasn't sure and it didn't happen again so it probably wasn't!

I was looking at myself in the mirror this morning before my shower and while people say I don't have much of a bump, I think I've really grown! I tend to wear layers of clothes, always in big fleeces and jackets so I don't look like pregnant when clothed, but noticed today that my belly has gone really rounded and is tauter than it was before. I think today for the first time I actually felt properly "pregnant" iykwim.

Is anybody going to the pregnancy and baby fair in the RDS next month?

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone ! Glad everything went well for you macha big relief ! All went well with mine too everything looks great and the sonographer was just lovely ! She even typed onto some of the pics to say hello from baby to my kids with their names too ! They were just delighted !

For those ladies who cant feel movements yet try eat ice lollies or drink ice water then lie flat on your back and relax watch a bit of tv or whatever ! It can feel just like a bit of a rumbly belly or sometimes like butterflies ! If you are a busy bee for most of the day you may be missing the action x

Advertisement