Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

lol, it might have been a lost in translation moment, like maybe she meant smog or she was worried I would trip and fall or something but it was hilarious at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Glad u had a good time in Italy dobbit.
    How far along will you be when u got on your holiday tootsie?
    I think I will be 26 weeks,27 weeks coming home.
    Someone gave me their seat on the packed bus today so I must be fairly obvious lol.
    I'm very tired recently I'm sick of work already, can't wait for maternity leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Back from our scan today, all went well, no problems detected at all, baby dancing a jig as usual! Only waiting a few minutes too, so home fairly quickly afterwards.

I only wish I could get away for a break before baby arrives! I'd love even a weekend away but I'm so busy, as is himself. I reckon it'll be when baby is a few months old that we might get away somewhere!

I've got a couple of pairs of penneys maternity jeans and a couple of new look jog bottoms and I'm living in them at the minute. Luckily I don't need formal wear for work so I've bought some longline vests and swingy cardies and I'm getting away with that for now. Lidl actually have some maternity wear this Thurday so I might get some more jog bottoms and leggings, as they're dirt cheap, so once they last another 18 weeks I'll be happy!

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=23929

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭chakademus

^^^^^
    Delighted your scan went well borderlinemeath. Definitely going to check out Lidl maternity stuff. I have a pair of H and M jeans which are brilliant. Really make you feel compact if you know what I mean. Can' do under the bump jeans anymore, find them annoying on the bump.

Never knew Penney's done maternity wear borderline Meath. I must have a look

• Advertisement

The text below contains some bad news, I have put it in spoilers in case you'd rather not read it, which is absolutely fine.
    Hi ladies,
    Among the great news of your scans and how well you're doing, I unfortunately have some bad news.

Momma Dolla and myself lost our little girl on Sunday at 1am. She had been in hospital since the previous Sunday with bleeding. She went into labour at 8pm on Saturday and Little Ruby was delivered at 0.00. We were lucky enough that she lived for an hour, so we got to hold her, talk to her and tell her we love her. At 22 weeks and 2 days, she was just too little to survive.

The staff at Holles St have been incredibly supportive and kind and caring. I don't know how we would have been without them.

I'll be unsubscribing from this forum and thread now so I won't see any replies. Pm's and thoughts welcome.

I hope you all have fantastic pregnancies and that you all have happy healthy babies. Thanks for everything.

Pappa D.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Absolutely heartbreaking for you both. So sorry to read this. Have sent you a PM Pappa. Look after yourself and Mamma Dolla.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pudner7

Not in the better of reading that. So totally devastating for ye both. I'm so sorry for ye're loss.

So sad. Heartbreaking reading that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Absolutely heartbreaking to read the news! I sent a PM to Pappa Dolla.

On the more positive note - congrats to all the happy Ladies from the posts before Pappa's one - great to hear all the scans went well and things are moving along nicely!

It's posts like the one from Pappa that make us realise how lucky we are to have well-going pregnancies! One would falsely think that after the "scary" first 12 weeks nothing can go wrong anymore, but it's just an illusion... :eek:

• Advertisement

Oh, and enjoy all your holiday breaks Ladies! Well deserved :-)

Hubby and I were meant to go to Portugal at the beginning of May but we decided to go somewhere more local in the end, and I think we'll opt for Belfast and maybe the Giants Causeway area... Fingers crossed for some nice weather! My parents were begging me not to fly & change the climate anymore and I decided to listen to them, just in case...!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

emka1984 wrote: »
    Absolutely heartbreaking to read the news! I sent a PM to Pappa Dolla.

On the more positive note - congrats to all the happy Ladies from the posts before Pappa's one - great to hear all the scans went well and things are moving along nicely!

It's posts like the one from Pappa that make us realise how lucky we are to have well-going pregnancies! One would falsely think that after the "scary" first 12 weeks nothing can go wrong anymore, but it's just an illusion... :eek:

This is it, you're always worried and can't wait for the 12 week window to be over, but there's always the risk all the way through :(. I'm savouring every kick and movement now, after reading Pappas post, I just feel really grateful to be still pregnant.

emka1984 wrote:
    Hubby and I were meant to go to Portugal at the beginning of May but we decided to go somewhere more local in the end, and I think we'll opt for Belfast and maybe the Giants Causeway area... Fingers crossed for some nice weather! My parents were begging me not to fly & change the climate anymore and I decided to listen to them, just in case...!

How come. Can the climate change be a bad thing. I am supposed to be going to Portugal mid may too. I asked the gynae today she said I should be fine to go

This is it, you're always worried and can't wait for the 12 week window to be over, but there's always the risk all the way through . I'm savouring every kick and movement now, after reading Pappas post, I just feel really grateful to be still pregnant.

This is very true too. Agree 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

How come. Can the climate change be a bad thing. I am supposed to be going to Portugal mid may too. I asked the gynae today she said I should be fine to go

No change of climate does nothing don't worry about it enjoy your holiday :)

Thanks spotty. Congrats on your baby x

I am off to Portugal as well (seems to be a popular spot for pre baby getaways haha) in three weeks. It will be a much needed break.

It usually isn't, if your pregnancy is going well and with no complications, and your doctor sees no objections either. My parents were unlucky enough to lose their baby around the 6th month due to premature birth, and they were told it was due to climate change, but to be honest I'm not sure if it really could have been the reason - researched it a bit and didn't find much to confirm that. This being said, expecting mothers with previous complications are advised not to travel too much in 3rd trimester, so due to my ectopic history I decided not to risk it and simply enjoy my holiday time elsewhere.

I'm no expert but I'd say you should be fine hun. Just imagine if you had your parents asking you not to go, with tears in their eyes - could you say no? :-) for everyone's sanity I chose to skip the trip this time. Enjoy it though and don't worry - if your doc thinks you're good to go, you're good to go :-)

Oh yeah I know what you mean emka. And sorry to hear about your etopic pregnancy. To be honest im a bit nervous going over because I'm thinking what happens if god forbid anything goes wrong over there. But then again I'm probably just being over nervous. I'm a big worrier about everything ! Was kinda hoping the doctor would tell me not to go lol !
    I'm sure you will have a great time in Belfast :)

I just got back from Italy where the climate was much hotter than here and baby is grand. My father in law didn't want me to travel either but he thinks all pregnant women should be wrapped in cotton wool and hide indoors not moving a muscle until the baby is born.

So sad reading Pappa Dolla's post, heartbreaking.

• Advertisement

I know a few people like your father in law Dobbit!

Oh yeah I know what you mean emka. And sorry to hear about your etopic pregnancy. To be honest im a bit nervous going over because I'm thinking what happens if god forbid anything goes wrong over there. But then again I'm probably just being over nervous. I'm a big worrier about everything ! Was kinda hoping the doctor would tell me not to go lol !
    I'm sure you will have a great time in Belfast :)
    Sorry if I made you nervous - wasn't my intention!

Enjoy Portugal for both of us! :-)

Dobbit wrote: »
    My father in law didn't want me to travel either but he thinks all pregnant women should be wrapped in cotton wool and hide indoors not moving a muscle until the baby is born.

Totally agree, lots of people like that around LOL

I do sometimes believe, however, that things happen for a reason, and in my case it was my parents not wanting me to go, my hubby's boss delaying his holiday approval which meant we couldn't book the place we initially wanted anymore, and some additional little bits and bobs here and there - all in all, we decided to change the plans just in case ;-)

Portugal, Belfast or at home - the most important bit is to enjoy the break and get some well deserved rest :-)

No u didn't make me nervous emka don't be silly. I've been nervous about every small thing in this pregnancy I wish I could just relax ha

6 months this week, 3 month more just seems impossible. If bump gets any bigger I'll fall over front ways and not be able to get up again.

Happy almost 6 months!!

Thanks! Only hitting me now how much I still have to do! No birth plan, no furniture, no clothes for baby. NOTHING done. This is not like me at all.

Ha! I thought this was only me! I have nothing. Correction, I have our pram ordered and I bought one comedy baby gro more for the hubby than the baby. That's it. I keep telling myself I have loads of time. But I dont have a free weekend until June now and it terrifies me that I will be 28 / 29 weeks at that point.

At least you have a reason, I'm not even that busy but it keeps just getting pushed to the end of my to do list. I know what I want from IKEA, I just need to go out and buy it! My birth plan so far consists of "sure whatever you think yourself", this being my first I have no strong opinions on anything apart from me and baby making it through the experience healthy.

• Advertisement

I may borrow your birth plan :D

Advertisement