Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Yep, have to fast from the night before but was told to bring in a 500ml bottle of lucozade for it? Not that I'm overly fond of lucozade anyway! It's the waiting and the bloods (and the fasting!) that I'm not looking forward to!

me too I'm getting that done at 25ish weeks I think.They said I'm at slightly higher risk because of pcos. But I doubt I have it. Hoping I don't as apparently you can't fly if you get it and I'm going away 26 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

me too I'm getting that done at 25ish weeks I think.They said I'm at slightly higher risk because of pcos. But I doubt I have it. Hoping I don't as apparently you can't fly if you get it and I'm going away 26 weeks

Just checked mine, it's between 23-24 weeks.
    I've lost one of my appointment cards so will have to ring the hospital on Monday :o. I've got 3 upcoming appts in the next 3 months and can only find details for 2 in all my info. My next scan wasn't meant to be until the beginning of June but then the sonographer realised I was over 40 so came running after me to change it as they'll need to check where my placenta is (I think that's what she said, I was so bombarded with information yesterday!) so it was moved forward to around the end of April but I think I then put the record card into the hospital folder rather than my own.

Might be a bit TMI but had anyone used canesten while pregnant. Can't call my doctor until Monday and woman in the chemist wanted my doctor to give the ok first

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

Might be a bit TMI but had anyone used canesten while pregnant. Can't call my doctor until Monday and woman in the chemist wanted my doctor to give the ok first

Dont know if this helps but i was in hospital on Friday , felt like i was leaking fluids which i did not experience on my last two babies at all! So went to doc , sent out to labour ward for a kinda smear to check where fluid was from, also had a scan to check all ok ! Thank god all ok i have an infection ! So had to use a pessery of canesten so im sure cream would be ok ? Maybe wait to ring your doc though cos dont want to advise you and then your doc says otherwise ? Maybe put up on another thread and see if there is someone else to help hun ! No replys here maybe ask somewhere else ?

catchery wrote:
    Dont know if this helps but i was in hospital on Friday , felt like i was leaking fluids which i did not experience on my last two babies at all! So went to doc , sent out to labour ward for a kinda smear to check where fluid was from, also had a scan to check all ok ! Thank god all ok i have an infection ! So had to use a pessery of canesten so im sure cream would be ok ? Maybe wait to ring your doc though cos dont want to advise you and then your doc says otherwise ? Maybe put up on another thread and see if there is someone else to help hun ! No replys here maybe ask somewhere else ?

thanks cathery.hope its not too bad tomorrow or I'm just gonna buy it anyway. think the chemists are just afraid to say its ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Had hospital appointment this morning and a scan, all looked great. Baby did not stop jumping, twisting, turning, and trying to put his/her hands in her mouth the entire time! It's no wonder I can't get a full nights sleep! Got some really good detailed pics and it's amazing to see the difference between our last scan just over 3 weeks ago. It pushed my dates out by 2 days to the 27th of August, not that it matters much.

The only downside is that I have to have a blood sugar test because I'm over 40 to check for gestational diabetes :(. Nor is it likely that I'll get into the MLU as I'm over the age limit although you can be persistent and if you get your consultant and the head of the department to agree then there's a chance. Although if I don't pass the blood sugar test then it's a definite no.

I dunno if this helps but jumping in from another thread, I have a friend who used mlu and she turned 40 during her pregnancy and they still let her use mlu because technically she was 39 getting pregnant

I dunno if this helps but jumping in from another thread, I have a friend who used mlu and she turned 40 during her pregnancy and they still let her use mlu because technically she was 39 getting pregnant

Actually the midwife said if we had conceived a few weeks earlier I could have got in on a technicality, I turned 41 about 2/3 weeks before baby was conceived :o, so they would have let me in at "conceived 40"!

I'll still push to get in, I can't do much about the blood sugar test except not stress about it I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Good morning ladies, how is everyone feeling? And how are the bumps coming along?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

All good on this side, although I can no longer properly button up my winter coat. Another reason to hope for good weather!

How are you doing Ms Tootsie?

Feeling good. Starting to show a bit now :)
    Have a scan tomorrow with my antenatal appt so looking forward to that. I'll be 17+4

• Advertisement

All good with me. Great to finally be out of all the sickness. But I am still knackered! Messed up on a few small things in work as well so pregnancy brain is alive and well!! The beginnings of a teeny tiny bump (that you probably wouldnt notice unless I am in my underwear and you are really looking for it haha) and hitting 16 weeks on Friday, YAY.

I am going to the early pregnancy class tomorrow with the coombe. I know it is on Donor Avenue but does anyone happen to know the address?

Bumping along nicely, definitely starting to show now. Like Macha, finding zipping up coats etc to be fairly snug! We went out for dinner on Friday and I had to open my jeans in the restaurant! Made a mental note that from now on it's jersey dresses for meals out, even though at the minute I don't look pregnant, just a bit blubbery around the tummy! I still feel it's too early for maternity clothes, and in fairness there's not a huge choice out there.

For the first time since Christmas I got a full nights sleep last night! Although I got maybe 2 hours unbroken sleep on Sunday night so I was absolutely exhausted going to bed and I still woke up way before the alarm but at least it wasn't 4am as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭chakademus

Snap with the winter coat. Feeling like a sausage in it!

I got a lovely comfy pair of maternity jeans in Debenhams.

Ms Tootsie wrote:
    I am going to the early pregnancy class tomorrow with the coombe. I know it is on Donor Avenue but does anyone happen to know the address?

just looked at my form the address is :donore community center,donore avenue,Dublin 8

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    Good morning ladies, how is everyone feeling? And how are the bumps coming along?

I was wrecked yesterday, but managed to have a great sleep last night. I stayed at my mums (My husband is working away).

After complaining a couple of weeks ago that I had no belly I am now huge!!!
    I will be 20 weeks this week. I am going to have to buy more maternity clothes. I have really expanded in the last two weeks!

Just back from the early pregnancy antenatal class with the coombe, it was really interesting. Lots of useful tips :)

No bump here yet but I can notice my clothes getting a bit more snug. I have some maternity clothes on standby for when I need them but I think I am a good few weeks from that.

Where are you getting maternity clothes cowlove?

It is great the wonders that a good nights sleep can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Hi girls, my bump is also fairly on show at this stage.

Funnily enough I got on the train this morning, twas packed as ever, and a girl sitting with her fella in the priority seats notices me and discreetly points at me and at the pregnant person sign. He refused to stand up! I think he might have been worried in case I wasn't actually pregnant. They had a quiet voices row and she barely spoke to him the rest of the way in. I'm not in pain or in dire need of a seat but if she felt so strongly about it why didn't she stand up?!

Also I thought I got off lightly with the insensitive coworkers but yesterday we had a bunch of newbies start and someone who has worked with me for a while made a joke about not knowing who the father was. I pulled them aside and said it wasn't cool and they were really apologetic about it. Just one of those cases of not realising there's a line!

Dobbit wrote: »
    Hi girls, my bump is also fairly on show at this stage.

Also I thought I got off lightly with the insensitive coworkers but yesterday we had a bunch of newbies start and someone who has worked with me for a while made a joke about not knowing who the father was. I pulled them aside and said it wasn't cool and they were really apologetic about it. Just one of those cases of not realising there's a line!

My boss is going round telling people the baby is his!!! Hows that one!?

cowlove wrote: »
    My boss is going round telling people the baby is his!!! Hows that one!?

WHAT

THE

FCUK?

Ms Tootsie wrote: »

Where are you getting maternity clothes cowlove?

It is great the wonders that a good nights sleep can do.

I just bought maternity leggings in the end. I had a look at next, new look and asos online. There was some nice stuff but I think with the weather changing (getting warmer hopefully) I might wait to buy new stuff.

• Advertisement

WHAT

THE

FCUK?

Yeah! How many lines is that crossing!! He even told his wife the baby was his!!

Yeah! How many lines is that crossing!! He even told his wife the baby was his!!

That is awful, our HR manager would go white and pass out if someone did that in our place.

That is awful, our HR manager would go white and pass out if someone did that in our place.

Ha! HR would have a field day with my boss and what he has said to me over the years!!

No HR dept where I work. Small company. He is a joker. Anyone who works here has to have extremely thick skin!!

Ha! HR would have a field day with my boss and what he has said to me over the years!!

No HR dept where I work. Small company. He is a joker. Anyone who works here has to have extremely thick skin!!

My offer to be a pregnancy bouncer still stands!

My tolerance for gobshïtes has already decreased during pregnancy. I shouted at some muppet manager in a cafe last week who was trying to reserve seats for his preferred customers.

My offer to be a pregnancy bouncer still stands!

My tolerance for gobshïtes has already decreased during pregnancy. I shouted at some muppet manager in a cafe last week who was trying to reserve seats for his preferred customers.

Ha! I might take you up on it!

My boss has taken to poking me and pulling at my clothes to get me used to having a child! He will get a slap one of these days!

I was not in the mood yesterday!

That's beyond inappropriate Cowlove, although I can imagine a boss I had previously speaking inappropriately a bit like that!

I have had somebody have a feel of my belly already:eek:, I wasn't expecting it at all, she leaned in and gave it a rub, ugh, I wanted to put 6 feet between us, it was so awkward.

That's beyond inappropriate Cowlove, although I can imagine a boss I had previously speaking inappropriately a bit like that!

I have had somebody have a feel of my belly already:eek:, I wasn't expecting it at all, she leaned in and gave it a rub, ugh, I wanted to put 6 feet between us, it was so awkward.

So awkward, my OH did it in the supermarket the other day and I nearly thumped him.

So awkward, my OH did it in the supermarket the other day and I nearly thumped him.

Your OH?! Bit much, no? Momma Dolla loves an oul rub, public or not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Your OH?! Bit much, no? Momma Dolla loves an oul rub, public or not :D

Some of us aren't keen on being rubbed like a buddha in public or otherwise, by anyone. Surely it's up to the individual to decide what is a bit much or not.

• Advertisement

Some of us aren't keen on being rubbed like a buddha in public or otherwise, by anyone. Surely it's up to the individual to decide what is a bit much or not.

Boom, in a nutshell.

Sorry PappaDolla, whatever your missus likes is up to her but for me public bump rubbing is not cool.

Advertisement