Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Hey Ladies. Very tired today. Had to go to the hospital last night as a copped tiny little specks of red/pink while I was using the loo. Wasn't even sure if it was my imagination or blood. Anyway I was told to come in. Good news is neck of my cervix still closed and I its not a low lying placenta causing it.doc doesn't seem to know. Have to go back in for anto d injection. Got a little scan and baby has heartbeat thank god x

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

Hi irishgirl i had that on my second just the once and had to go into hospital too but never happened again ! Dont be worrying just rest up now x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I have pink/red spotting quite a lot, once you've had it checked out once and all is fine it's usually just from the cervix, especially if it happens after going to the loo. I've had it about 5 out of the last 7 days (34 weeks now), it's just a cervical erosion acting up with the extra blood and pressure. I find knowing that and that all is fine helps to relax and deal with it if it happens again, so at least you've that done now. I know it's different with the anti d thing but usually tiny specks are nothing to worry about and totally normal throughout pregnancy.

Thanks girls. Feel a bit better after reading those posts. I'm just waiting for the call for the anti d now
    The spotting was worse when I left the hospital last night and also today. But the doctor told me to expect more spotting after she kinda cleaned me up doing the internal

• Registered Users Posts: 3 newby15

Hi all, just wondering where people have bought good maternity bras? I've prob gone up 2 sizes (at 17 weeks) so don't know if I should hold off cos they'll prob get bigger and then buy nursing ones or what's your advice?!
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

newby15 wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering where people have bought good maternity bras? I've prob gone up 2 sizes (at 17 weeks) so don't know if I should hold off cos they'll prob get bigger and then buy nursing ones or what's your advice?!
    Thanks!

I just bought a couple of bras in Dunnes when I needed a bigger size, I didn't see the point in spending a fortune when I'm probably going to get bigger and I haven't seen any maternity bras that aren't nursing, and I'm going to be a different size when I need them anyway :) I suppose it depends on what you need as well, tbh before getting pregnant I was a fairly modest bust size so never needed huge support or anything.

Thanks girls. Feel a bit better after reading those posts. I'm just waiting for the call for the anti d now
    The spotting was worse when I left the hospital last night and also today. But the doctor told me to expect more spotting after she kinda cleaned me up doing the internal

Hope your feeling ok now irishgirl19. It's great to get reassurance that alls ok.

Hope your feeling ok now irishgirl19. It's great to get reassurance that alls ok.

Thanks. Spotting seems to have stopped (fingers crossed) I'm hoping I don't get any more now it's v worrying

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Glad to hear you are doing ok irishgirl, any kind of spotting can be very worrying even though it often is not an indication of anything to be worried about. The 'knicker watch' that happens at the start of the pregnancy never really goes away!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Hi all,

I've started to get some hip pain at night from sleeping on my side. I turn over but it starts up pretty quickly on the other side. I've had to start sleeping propped up which is far from ideal! Anyone else experienced this or have some solutions?

In more positive news, I started feeling the first movement about a week ago (ie 19 weeks along) anyone else??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Macha wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've started to get some hip pain at night from sleeping on my side. I turn over but it starts up pretty quickly on the other side. I've had to start sleeping propped up which is far from ideal! Anyone else experienced this or have some solutions?

In more positive news, I started feeling the first movement about a week ago (ie 19 weeks along) anyone else??

Are you already using a pillow between your knees? If not give that a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

Can also recommend this. I had the same problem when I started sleeping on my side a couple of weeks ago, it was giving me bad hip pain. Pillow between my legs seems to have sorted it cos I've been fine since I started doing that.

Found out I am having a little girl :)
    I actually had myself convinced it was a boy though lol

Congratulations Irishgirl! For some reason I think we're having a boy, but we don't know and are going to keep it as a surprise!

For the past couple of weeks I'm getting cramps in the morning in my pelvis and stomach, just as I get up, like when I stretch, or bend over to put socks on. It's like my body is stretching and the muscles are getting used to the expansion. Although I don't think I'm looking any bigger, maybe I'm due a growth spurt!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭chakademus

Delighted for you irishgirl!!! Congrats.

Congratulations irishgirl!!! Wonderful news! I am still holding out on finding out until the big day but I am LOVING hearing what others are having and if their instincts were right.
    For the past couple of weeks I'm getting cramps in the morning in my pelvis and stomach, just as I get up, like when I stretch, or bend over to put socks on. It's like my body is stretching and the muscles are getting used to the expansion. Although I don't think I'm looking any bigger, maybe I'm due a growth spurt!

I am the same borderlinemeath. It feels like my muscles are being pulled but still no bump here at 17 weeks. And oh the pain when I sneeze as all my muscles tense up - ouch!!! It's official, there is no comfortable way to sneeze when pregnant.

Thanks everyone :-)
    I get the same pains borderlinemeath. Especially if I stand up too quickly or sneeze without grabbing my belly ha.

Ahhh a little baby girl congrats irishgirl thats wonderful news ! Now you can concentrate on names ! I wont find out again this time i cant do it, mad the way everyone is different !

Yesterday i was relaxing on the couch watching kids tv with my lads, as is now what we watch all the time lol prepare ladies ! And boom kicks big kicks i could actually see them and my lads felt them total excitement i might add even on our third baby just wonderful ! Im 20 weeks now but i am like a 28 week bump since this is third time around ! Sleeping with the pillow between the knees and also nausea is back this week full blast ! Have my scan next week so cant wait to see if all is going ok with my little doll xxc

catchery wrote:
    Yesterday i was relaxing on the couch watching kids tv with my lads, as is now what we watch all the time lol prepare ladies ! And boom kicks big kicks i could actually see them and my lads felt them total excitement i might add even on our third baby just wonderful ! Im 20 weeks now but i am like a 28 week bump since this is third time around ! Sleeping with the pillow between the knees and also nausea is back this week full blast ! Have my scan next week so cant wait to see if all is going ok with my little doll xxc

Ah thats great it must be very exciting. I can't wait to feel the kicks now
    Won't be long

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Thanks a lot that has really helped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Anyone else counting down the days until maternity leave? I can barely focus in work and the simplest of tasks seems like such a challenge. I was supposed to be up for promotion but as much as people say that your pregnancy won't be counted against you, they forget that you just can't operate at the same capacity as a non pregnant person.

In better news, husband finally felt the baby kick this morning :D

I hear you Dobbit! I was in a meeting this morning and I took a total mind blank on someones name that I was recommending we book for a function. A guy I use all the time. Took me a few minutes to remember and I was mortified. I am counting down the days until I finish up and I am only 18 weeks.

That is so lovely that your husband was able to feel the kicks this morning! It must have been an amazing moment. I was only sure I felt nuggets movements at the weekend. I thought I might be feeling some the week before but having no clue what they are meant to feel like I thought I was imagining it. No mistaking it this weekend - and they are more frequent now as well. Usually when I am settled so I am positive it is the little one.

Thats wonderful Dobbit your husband must be delighted ! Bestest feeling in the world ! I cannot wait for maternity leave also head is fried keep forgetting what i needed when i go from one room to the next total pregnancy brain ! I was just thinking today about looking forward to washing all the teeny tiny clothes again and hanging them on the line ! Sure im easily pleased !

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    I hear you Dobbit! I was in a meeting this morning and I took a total mind blank on someones name that I was recommending we book for a function. A guy I use all the time. Took me a few minutes to remember and I was mortified. I am counting down the days until I finish up and I am only 18 weeks.

That is so lovely that your husband was able to feel the kicks this morning! It must have been an amazing moment. I was only sure I felt nuggets movements at the weekend. I thought I might be feeling some the week before but having no clue what they are meant to feel like I thought I was imagining it. No mistaking it this weekend - and they are more frequent now as well. Usually when I am settled so I am positive it is the little one.

That sounds like exactly how I started feeling it, the first few times it's like, was that me or something else?? Then you start to realise it's definitely not you! Husband was delighted because up til that point every time he tried to feel it, baby would get all shy and stop. He tried to be like "oh it doesn't matter" but I could tell he was disappointed.

I can actually see it's karate moves sometimes when I look at the bump!

Is anyone doing kegel exercises? I was trying to figure out how many a day is a decent amount, does a set of 10, 5 times a day sound right?

Still not feeling anything :o, I'm 18 weeks this week so hopefully in the next few weeks I'll feel a few movements. I still can't sleep through the night though so baby is still keeping me up and awake though!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Congrats irishgirl!

I had my anomaly scan Friday and it was confirmed I am having a boy!

So excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Woohoo! Awesome news Ladies, we have boys and girls confirmed already, congrats! Must be so exciting to know, I can't wait for my scan and hope I'll find out too!

Just as I was reading your comments about movements, I think I felt the baby kicking :-) hope the hubby can feel it soon, too!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Dobbit wrote: »
    Is anyone doing kegel exercises? I was trying to figure out how many a day is a decent amount, does a set of 10, 5 times a day sound right?

I am trying to remember to do them! i heard from a midwife that 3 sessions of 5 repeats of 10 secinds each a day should be plenty!

Congrats cowlove

• Advertisement

Aw a little boy congratulations cowlove!!!

Advertisement