Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

What kind of truck generally does these deliveries? Can it get in and out of your typical 1950s style, bendy Irish park?
    Do they have manual or electric pallet trucks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

my3cents wrote: »
    And of course Liam Connolly charges KK nothing to do their free deliveries in Northern Ireland?

You either pay the price as part of the cost of the coal or as a separate charge.

Confused now as whether to go for Coal Warehouse or Kosy King?

Is Kosy King actually the same coal that is cheaper including delivery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

eurokev wrote: »
    What kind of truck generally does these deliveries? Can it get in and out of your typical 1950s style, bendy Irish park?

The good news is its normally an electric pallet tuck but the bad news its the biggest curtain side truck you can get thats not an arctic (30ft ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,749 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What good for an open fire?
    Is a country blend ok from Kosy Kunt ? Will that be a good open fire coal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

eurokev wrote: »

Kind of a 'How long is a piece of string' question I'm afraid.

All depends on who your local Pallet Network Company is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Ask your local Pallet Network depot for a price, you might get it for cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

What good for an open fire?
    Is a country blend ok from Kosy Kunt ? Will that be a good open fire coal?

Really depends whats in country blend? When we used to get it locally it included a lot of pet coke and tbh I prefer not to burn pet coke as it burns too hot and over time burns out the grate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

eurokev wrote:
    What kind of truck generally does these deliveries? Can it get in and out of your typical 1950s style, bendy Irish park? Do they have manual or electric pallet trucks?

Where are you based ? My delivery was small enough rigid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

eurokev wrote:
    What kind of truck generally does these deliveries? Can it get in and out of your typical 1950s style, bendy Irish park? Do they have manual or electric pallet trucks?

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

cavan4sam wrote:

I'm in Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Maybe best to ask Liam Connolly who they will use in your area. Then contact the company as they probably know the area where you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

The delivery driver called us the day before he was delivering. We told him we were living down a small lane that we weren't sure a 30 footer would get down. He delivered it in a smaller van.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Talking to my local coal man today tells me al types of different grades for different types of coal just wondering if customers down south are getting the
    Rubbish grade?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Talking to my local coal man today tells me al types of different grades for different types of coal just wondering if customers down south are getting the
    Rubbish grade?

I got the smokeless ovids from them they are the same as Cosy glow

My Queen was moaning about the cold yesterday so I gladly seized the opportunity to light the stove and test out the Black Diamond coal bought as part of a split pallet.

Looked the same size as the polish....small bitty pieces. Burned well and decent heat. Still had some cinders left this morning but no where near what the polish does be like. Is it worth the extra??
    Not sure to be honest. I can see my next pallet being solely ovoids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭enricoh

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Rubbish grade?

I got a ton of the black diamond last year from coal warehouse and the chimney had an unbelievable amount of soot in it when I was cleaning it. Way more than the coal got locally over the years. Good heat etc but i wouldn't touch it with a bargepole again tbh.
    Anyone know what are the ovoids like soot wise?, using in a stove

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

enricoh wrote: »
    I got a ton of the black diamond last year from coal warehouse and the chimney had an unbelievable amount of soot in it when I was cleaning it. Way more than the coal got locally over the years. Good heat etc but i wouldn't touch it with a bargepole again tbh.

The ovoids are great sootwise. I don't think I will ever go back to the ordinary coal after using them. I must order soon but the lorries that came the last two years were too big for my place. They did it but if the same drivers come again I think they would refuse. I will wait till I am sure to be around.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Just spotted this advert on Donedeal
    > https://easyglow.ie/index.php

Could this be another contender?
    50x20kg smokeless ovoids for €312 delivered to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

vectra wrote: »
    Just spotted this advert on Donedeal
    > https://easyglow.ie/index.php

Could this be another contender?
    50x20kg smokeless ovoids for €312 delivered to us.

That seems like seriously good value, just over €6 a bag, I would be interested in hearing from someone who has used the coal before buying a ton though

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭deisedav

Looks good value alright. Does it say anywhere on the site what the coal actually is, ie ovoid's etc.

• Advertisement

deisedav wrote: »
    Looks good value alright. Does it say anywhere on the site what the coal actually is, ie ovoid's etc.

Hi.
    Yes.
    I think it shows 3 different smokeless coals.
    One being
    Ovoids.

Hi.
    Yes.
    I think it shows 3 different smokeless coals.
    One being
    Ovoids.

Ok thanks, must have another look just can't see it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

physioman wrote:
    Go to Facebook and type in "coal warehouse" and it comes up ;-)

Hi everyone check out this fantastic offer and share with family and friends.
    1 ton of polish doubles €300 delivered anywhere in Ireland .
    1 ton 50x20 kg are 25x40 bags of black diamond polish coal,delivered to your door for €300 no hidden charges,vat and courier charge

I just seen this on face book is it a good deal ??

Carpenter wrote: »
    Hi everyone check out this fantastic offer and share with family and friends.
    1 ton of polish doubles €300 delivered anywhere in Ireland .
    1 ton 50x20 kg are 25x40 bags of black diamond polish coal,delivered to your door for €300 no hidden charges,vat and courier charge

I just seen this on face book is it a good deal ??

I think that might have been on my FB page as I hit the like button for them on Donedeal toady and it popped up on my page.
    I have been in touch with them,
    Think I might go ahead wednesday and order a tonne of Ovoids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

enricoh wrote: »

Just got my chimney cleaned today after almost 2 years of burning CW ovoids and logs. I have a Stanley eirn stove and the ash tray at the bottom was almost full.

I was very happy with that tbh... Be interesting to see what this eco coal is like seems to work out a fair bit cheaper than CW

deisedav wrote: »
    Ok thanks, must have another look just can't see it

Can't see it either. No description of what it actually is

I emailed them and they confirmed ovoids are available at that price.
    Wonder should i ask them for a stock list?

Red flag there.

How do you pronounce Ovoids ?

Of Oh Eds ?
    Oh Voids ?

• Advertisement

I emailed them and they confirmed ovoids are available at that price.
    Wonder should i ask them for a stock list?

Would help. Hard to order on site as everything looks the same and every price is same.
    Is it 100% Ovoids of a mix, that is the question.

How much per ton are Ovoids loose from the factory that produce them? Probably 70 a ton .
    Maybe should just pull up in a truck and get 30 tons .

Advertisement