Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Smokeless wont heat a back boiler though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

homingbird wrote: »

It does for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

My bunker will only take about 3 bags of coal so can't do a big bulk delivery like some here but what is the best type of coal to buy in individual bags for burning in a stove that just heats the room?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BLUEYK

homingbird wrote: »

I use them in a back boiler insert stove and they are the business. 14 rads off the back boiler and the smokeless ovoids heats them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

reni10 wrote: »
    My bunker will only take about 3 bags of coal so can't do a big bulk delivery like some here but what is the best type of coal to buy in individual bags for burning in a stove that just heats the room?

Arigna Ecobrite. Seems expensive but well worth it. Very long burning, lots of heat & no soot, so a clear glass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Hi guys... looking at getting the smokeless ovoids from CW. Does anybody know will they take a credit card payment but charge in GBP?, someone mentioned £240 I think? assume the delivery lads will offer the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

345 delivered tonn of smokeless ovids
    280 for coal 65 for delivery
    She even did the booking form for me as I was at work and couldn't get to a pc to do it.
    I make that as 13.80 a bag would that be right

naughto wrote: »
    She even did the booking form for me as I was at work and couldn't get to a pc to do it.

Those are the Euro prices right? was wondering if we can pay in GBP at moment what with v favourable exchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

Yes that sounds correct, assuming it's a 40 kg bag!

I went for the 25 20kg bags instead of the 40 kg cos there a pain in the hole to move if they get wet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Hi guys... looking at getting the smokeless ovoids from CW. Does anybody know will they take a credit card payment but charge in GBP?, someone mentioned £240 I think? assume the delivery lads will offer the same?

Ask them to bill you in pounds. I did it before using a revolut card

I went for the 25 20kg bags instead of the 40 kg cos there a pain in the hole to move if they get wet

I hope you got 50.!

vectra wrote: »
    I hope you got 50.!

Yes sorry was ment to write 50

Yes sorry was ment to write 50

Who did you actually order from?

Thread is very confusing as there is talk of Kosyking and Coal Warehouse?

Who did you actually order from?

Thread is very confusing as there is talk of Kosyking and Coal Warehouse?

Coal warehouse

Coal warehouse

Cheers, any idea if the 20kg bags are waterproof so they could be left out in the open for a few weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Cheers, any idea if the 20kg bags are waterproof so they could be left out in the open for a few weeks?

No, I found they held the water in though so they must be nearly watertight. It was a disaster as you had water going into the bucket when tipping the bag in, usually take it from the bunker but I was trying to use up some of the bags. Filled the bucket in the dark and more water went in than I realised. When putting the coal in water went in and made an big bang. Scalded my arm and head a bit. Blew coal all over the place. A nightmare to try and clean as the steam found every corner. Fill from the bunker for ever now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

They are polypropylene bags afaik. The bags aren't affected by rain but their contents may be. I wouldn't really want to leave Oviods or Union Nuggets outside for very long. Also if not kept out of the sun the bags eventually disintegrate.

Probably worth spending a tenner on a small tarpaulin or bit of builders plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Lads, I know it's probably been asked before so don't crucify me BUT is there any difference in the ovoid from CW or KK. Either of them better quality? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Lads, I know it's probably been asked before so don't crucify me BUT is there any difference in the ovoid from CW or KK. Either of them better quality? Thanks!

I would like to know this as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Liam Connolly has upped their rates to £60 /Tonne

mikeecho wrote: »

To Dublin too?.... he'd normally do Dublin for a bit less than rest of country.

mikeecho wrote: »

Its nothing to do with Liam Connolly afaik its a std rate set by the Pallet Network. Liam Connolly are just the nearest member of the Pallet Network to Coal Warehouse and pick up the pallet for delivery to a central hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

apparently £60 to anywhere in the South.

£20 delivery from Kozyking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jamesb33

vectra wrote: »
    £20 delivery from Kozyking.

Coal is more expensive with kk

Jamesb33 wrote: »
    Coal is more expensive with kk

1 Tonne Country blend from CW = €280
    Plus delivery - £60
    = approx 345 ish

From KK = €290 appro
    Plus delivery £20
    = Approx €312.

KK appear to be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

my3cents wrote: »
    Its nothing to do with Liam Connolly afaik its a std rate set by the Pallet Network. Liam Connolly are just the nearest member of the Pallet Network to Coal Warehouse and pick up the pallet for delivery to a central hub.

Liam Connolly is the delivery partner for KK as well according to the KK website, yet delivery is cheaper with them?

chasm wrote: »
    Liam Connolly is the delivery partner for KK as well according to the KK website, yet delivery is cheaper with them?

And of course Liam Connolly charges KK nothing to do their free deliveries in Northern Ireland?

You either pay the price as part of the cost of the coal or as a separate charge.

• Advertisement

Got my delivery today two free bags of slack thrown in as well.
    Was talking to the delivery man was asking if he was getting much business
    He said they where flat out with coal deliverys from the north coal wearhouse
    Must be cleaning up

Advertisement