Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

People have the poooower! Wow what a performance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I met a few American girls in Dublin who had been at 13 concerts on this tour .
    Very nice girls but I just told them that twice would be enough for me as the show was very similar each night and it was too predictable .
    Then they started asking me how many times I'd seen U2 ,they said they had been at 26 gigs ,they were keeping track .:pac:
    I've been at every tour since Zoo tv ,usually twice each tour .

Its a very expensive hobby as well following the band around and going to all the gigs ,I thought U2 asking 200 euro for most of the seats in Dublin was extortion to be honest ,the boys are hardly short of a few pound at this stage.
    These bands are making fools of alot of their fans with the prices they are charging ,it leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

They pretty much sold out, so it's hard to say they were wrong to price the tickets as crazy high as they did. Guy Oseary is a wiley business man.

However for me(first U2 show since Vertigo tour) it was to the detriment of the atmosphere.

I prefer a more "working class" crowd. The 2 U2 shows I went to were very different than before.

Such is life I guess! It was an amazing show, but didn't make for repeated viewing. It also was more a "stand and stare" kind of show rather than all encompassing the audience.

I much prefer when the stage is facing the whole crowd in one direction, so the crowd is as one. But I guess those times are gone:p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,624 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know if the Paris gig is going to be on TV here? AFAIR the first one was till cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Paris gig is going to be on TV here? AFAIR the first one was till cancelled

Airing Christmas day on RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Was dipping in and out between all these lovely new apps like periscope and mixlr and such. Seemed like a great show- pity about no Electric Co. or Out of Control but it wasnt on the original HBO leak either (they also cut The Fly intermission, Zooropa and something else).

The performance with the Eagles of Death Metal was just powerful. Everything considered it's one of those performances that will stay with me.

If the Eagles of Death Metal wind up with a few more fans and records sold then I'm delighted for them to catch a little break. I saw them at Oxegen some year and remembered not liking them at all myself, but nice to see them standing proudly and rocking out like there's no tomorrow last night.

• Advertisement

Beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pinkman

That performance of Bad and then Gloria/People have the power is amazing.

It's bizzare that the HBO show last night hasn't found it's way online in full yet. Any word if it will be out on DVD/Bluray for Christmas?

It's on Christmas day on RTE and the 27th on BBC2. No word on commercial release.

Kinda mental to think the last time these lads were on a stage 3 weeks ago people were getting killed in front of them.

Very classy stuff from U2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdosEFucxcY (Cant embed like JohnPatrick!!!)

Great moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,074 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Pinkman wrote: »
    That performance of Bad and then Gloria/People have the power is amazing.

It's bizzare that the HBO show last night hasn't found it's way online in full yet. Any word if it will be out on DVD/Bluray for Christmas?

the leaked version showed up quite quick but this one has not yet

The clip innuendo posted is from the HBO broadcast

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    the leaked version showed up quite quick but this one has not yet

It is out allright

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Where would one go to watch the leaked show?

Seve OB wrote: »
    Where would one go to watch the leaked show?

The leaked show from the 11th November is on Youtube, but I havent seen last nights broadcast yet.

It is out allright

Where is it out? Can only find clips on youtube and nothing on the usual sites.

The 1080p one from Nov 11th on youtube is excellent quality. I just ripped it and am watching it on my TV now. Here it is. Hopefully the DVD will have highlights from all the filmed shows as the setlist wasn't great last night. Sunday's setlist was better for example.

Where is it out? Can only find clips on youtube and nothing on the usual sites.

The 1080p one from Nov 11th on youtube is excellent quality. I just ripped it and am watching it on my TV now. Here it is. Hopefully the DVD will have highlights from all the filmed shows as the setlist wasn't great last night. Sunday's setlist was better for example.

Doe the transmission go mental for Cederwood and Iris on the 11th broadcast you are watching? The copy I have does, 2 of my favourite songs

Doe the transmission go mental for Cederwood and Iris on the 11th broadcast you are watching? The copy I have does, 2 of my favourite songs

Yeah it's the same. A real shame as the quality is excellent apart from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

Sunday Nights was leaked also.Great show in full 1080p 30GB tho to download

deeroy12 wrote: »
    Sunday Nights was leaked also.Great show in full 1080p 30GB tho to download

Why is it such a huge file size? I ripped the 1080p from youtube and it was only 4.5GB. Really good quality too.

I still can't believe there are no downloads of the gig last night. There are several of the leaked gigs but none of the gig broadcast to millions of people on HBO? Was it not possible to record it from HBO or something? Very odd.

• Advertisement

Why is it such a huge file size? I ripped the 1080p from youtube and it was only 4.5GB. Really good quality too.

I still can't believe there are no downloads of the gig last night. There are several of the leaked gigs but none of the gig broadcast to millions of people on HBO? Was it not possible to record it from HBO or something? Very odd.

yeah its fairly odd quite annoying tbh. hopefully it might get a dvd release with the planned tour documentary. sure we have it on rte on christmas day

I see a couple of sources online now from the other night. Here's the one I found, has this setlist:

[01] The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
    [02] Out of Control
    [03] Vertigo
    [04] I Will Follow (with 'Mother' Snippet)
    [05] Iris (Hold Me Close)
    [06] Cedarwood Road
    [07] Song for Someone
    [08] Sunday Bloody Sunday
    [09] Raised by Wolves (with 'Psalm 23' Snippet)
    [10] Until the End of the World (with 'Love And Peace Or Else', 'Words' and 'The Divine Image' Snippets)
    [11] Invisible
    [12] Even Better Than the Real Thing (with 'Break On Through' Snippet)
    [13] Mysterious Ways (with 'Fashion' and 'Burning Down The House' Snippets)
    [14] Elevation
    [15] Ordinary Love
    [16] Every Breaking Wave
    [17] October
    [18] Bullet the Blue Sky (with 'Zooropa', 'Ode To Joy', 'America' and '19' Snippets)
    [19] Zooropa
    [20] Where the Streets Have No Name(with 'California (There Is No End To Love)' snippet)
    [21] Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    [22] With or Without You
    [23] City of Blinding Lights (with 'Ne Me Quitte Pas' Snippet)
    [24] Beautiful Day
    [25] One (with 'Mother And Child Reunion' and 'Invisible' Snippets)
    [26] Bad (with Patti Smith's 'Gloria' Snippet)
    [27] People Have the Power (Patti Smith Cover) (with Patti Smith)

Seems like they opted for Patti instead of EODM for the broadcast

EDIT: Hang on, this is Sunday. Jasus, how are all these broadcast/leaked?

a lot of the copys have sycing problems or are very large in size.

Looks like a class arena, just watched the pati smith duet, gonna download the show and hook it up to the TV me thinks :)

The show just works so much better in a proper arena. I felt it lost a lot of its impact in the 3Arena. Looking forward to watching the Christmas day showing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

The show just works so much better in a proper arena. I felt it lost a lot of its impact in the 3Arena. Looking forward to watching the Christmas day showing:)

I got the impression from the Joe O'Herlihey interview on Dave Fanning that he felt the same. Was going to hold off watching it until Xmas day but the temptation proved too much...

I agree. The only thing the point had going for it was having the e stage in the center.

Feel lucky that I got to see the full setup over in the dome

How in the name of jaysus did yer man get onto the stage at the end of One.... Mad, but fair play to Bono, I wonder did he watch the Rugby Final? It kind of reminded me of Sonny Bill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Looking forward to watching the Christmas day showing

Will it be shown on irish tv?

• Advertisement

Yeah it's on RTE Christmas Day.

Advertisement