Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2015 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

From the autosport forum.
    This is war

Italian media, La Repubblica, Gazzetta, Giornale.it are going literally ballistic with the "Andorra Pact", an agreement between Lorenzo & Marquez made after Aragon GP with the presence of Marquez's manager Alberto Valera, a plan to destroy Valentino Rossi's title run.

Lorenzo was worried about the Asiatic triple-header in Motegi-Philip Island-Sepang, favourite circuits by Rossi in the calendar & wanted to do something more than just riding fast.

Rossi told this just before Sepang: "After Motegi i've heard something. But i didn't want to believe. Now i know it was all real".

And a "group of riders" smelled the Spanish alliance & contacted Rossi after Sepang. They convinced him to race, as they will let him through in the race to go try challenge Lorenzo in the final battle.

Andrea Iannone changed his Facebook profile pic after months, with an image of him with Rossi hugging in the Mugello podium.

This all reads very italian, but they do like a good fiasco now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Scotty # wrote: »
    I've read several reports that once the FIM Steward rejected the appeal that that was the end of the matter including an interview with Lin Jarvis BUT... at the end of Mike Webb's(Race Director) interview on MotoGP.com he says "if Yamaha are not happy with the FIM Stewards decision they have 5 days to take their case to the FIM International Disciplinary Court". This would involve lawyers etc and is very serious, they could even further increase the penalty if they saw fit.

Thanks, I missed this bit.
    Scotty # wrote: »
    Technically his penalty was 3 points on his license only. As he already has 1 point, accumulating 4 points means he starts his next race from the back.

I suspect, as a Yamaha rider will still take the title, they won't take the matter further.

I'd still like to see Lorenzo penalised for the yellow flag though!!

I wonder did they appeal the penalty point he got for impeding Lorenzo in qualifying. Is it even worth appealing, the appeal time could even be expired at this stage too.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

pablo128 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if Marquez was carrying on like this with Lorenzos blessing. Why else would Horgay be so vocal against Rossi? The world can see what Marquez is at, except Lorenzo and Marquez it seems.
    I've signed it, but I can't see it making any difference.

I really believe most of the other riders will let Rossi through on the first lap. The only thing is will Lorenzo be gone by then, or maybe he might get held up a bit. If the Dukes get in front of him, he's fcuked!:pac:
    Gintonious wrote: »
    From the autosport forum.

This all reads very italian, but they do like a good fiasco now and then.
    Well my 'conspiracy theory' has legs!

All we need now is for Emilio Alzamora to confirm this and it blows the whole thing wide open.

Well my 'conspiracy theory' has legs!

All we need now is for Emilio Alzamora to confirm this and it blows the whole thing wide open.

Even if it is true Alzamora would never admit to it.

You would think, if there was an agreement, that they would do their best to try and keep it secret.

With the way they are going on, its more or less confirming it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Gintonious wrote: »
    You would think, if there was an agreement, that they would do their best to try and keep it secret.

With the way they are going on, its more or less confirming it!

Probably because they know they won't be touched or face any sanctions

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Would be great if Repsol left. Anything that weakens Spanish influence on Moto GP is a good thing. Having 4 venues in Spain is ridiculous for a world championship.

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Would be great if Repsol left. Anything that weakens Spanish influence on Moto GP is a good thing. Having 4 venues in Spain is ridiculous for a world championship.
    In fairness without the Spanish CEV there would be a lot less talent coming in to MotoGP. The FIM CEV is very important to MotoGP.

Repsol are just trying to throw their weight around. They are going nowhere.

Hmm I wonder is there any truth to this. I have to say the thumbs down on the podium was really bad form.

• Advertisement

h3000 wrote: »
    In fairness without the Spanish CEV there would be a lot less talent coming in to MotoGP. The FIM CEV is very important to MotoGP.

Many of the spanish riders are boring, devoid of personality. I watch MotoGP to be entertained.

Marquez just posted a video on his FB page - https://www.facebook.com/marcmarquez1993/videos/1074502499226866/

Just read the comments underneath. Hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

That's incredible. There must be 100 negative posts for every 1 positive one.

He must be trolling.

It was inevitable one of these would make an appearance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph7BfQlBkk8

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Hmm not so sure, I don't think they are in the greatest shape financially as a company.
    Usually the first stuff off a sinking ship is the deckchairs and other non-essentials.

Spain’s Repsol said Thursday it will sell about $7.1 billion in non-strategic assets as part of its newly released four year strategic plan.

The company said it will undertake the divestments and also cut spending by 38 percent “without altering its company profile” as part of its 2016 to 2020 plan.

The assets slated for sale have not been disclosed yet.
    http://petroglobalnews.com/2015/10/repsol-plans-7-billion-asset-sale/

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Hmm not so sure, I don't think they are in the greatest shape financially as a company.
    Usually the first stuff off a sinking ship is the deckchairs and other non-essentials.

Maybe so, I really can't see it happening though.

Their statement about dangerous riding from Rossi was a bit hypocritical though. They have been sponsoring Marquez throughout his career after all. He has had lot of criticism for dangerous riding throughout his career so far.

Maybe so, I really can't see it happening though.

Their statement about dangerous riding from Rossi was a bit hypocritical though. They have been sponsoring Marquez throughout his career after all. He has had lot of criticism for dangerous riding throughout his career so far.

Sponsorship rights fall under non-strategic assets. This incident would give Repsol a good excuse to offload it.

It was inevitable one of these would make an appearance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph7BfQlBkk8
    LMAO... "Lorenzo should start from the back of the grid and facing the wrong way!"

I wonder what kind of reception Marquez and Lorenzo will get at Valencia?

• Advertisement

Sponsorship rights fall under non-strategic assets. This incident would give Repsol a good excuse to offload it.
    I'm really not trying to argue with you and we are going a little off topic here but.... How can sponsorship be classed as an asset?

Ha ha! Priceless!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭Harika

The new MotoGP KTM engine, due for 2017 I think, was the first time test driven at the RedBull Ring, video from facebook video is here on facebook. wow what a sound

Well this is getting more interesting each day. Rossi is appealing the decision.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/10/30/valentino-rossi-appeals-fim-stewards-decision/188688

Hopefully the penalty is overturned and Lorenzo sh*ts himself.

Hopefully the penalty is overturned and Lorenzo sh*ts himself.

It's going to be a strange one. As far as I can make out at best a decision to suspend the penalty will be made on November 6th. The case itself could take months to be resolved. If the penalty is suspended and it is later reinstated I wonder will that mean the penalty will be applied to Qatar 2016 or will his results for Valencia will be altered.

It's going to be a strange one. As far as I can make out at best a decision to suspend the penalty will be made on November 6th. The case itself could take months to be resolved. If the penalty is suspended and it is later reinstated I wonder will that mean the penalty will be applied to Qatar 2016 or will his results for Valencia will be altered.

Just read a bit more and it looks like if the penalty is suspended and is then reinstated it will not affect the 2015 championship.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/224734/1/valentino-rossi-appeals-sepang-penalty.html
    Rossi's target appears to be to convince the CAS for a "stay of execution of the decision", which would allow him to start from his normal qualifying position at Valencia.

CAS expects to make a decision on that request by November 6, which is two days before the Valencia race.

Since Rossi's punishment involves penalty points rather than championship points, any decisions made by the CAS after the Valencia race would have no impact on the 2015 title outcome.

So if, after the season finale, the CAS upholds the Sepang penalty during its full judgement, Rossi would presumably serve his last place start at the 2016 Qatar season opener.

“On the basis of Article 3.4.2, para 3 of the FIM Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix Regulations, Mr Valentino Rossi has filed an Appeal against the decision taken by the Race Direction of the Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix in Sepang, penultimate round of the FIM MotoGP Grand Prix World Championship, and confirmed by the FIM Stewards, to award 3 penalty points to Mr Rossi following an incident on Turn 14," read an FIM statement.

“In appealing to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), Mr Rossi seeks annulment or reduction of the penalty. He further requests stay of execution of the decision in accordance with Article R37 of the Code of Sports-Related Arbitration.

“The FIM will not comment any further at this time.”

ref: http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/224734/1/valentino-rossi-appeals-sepang-penalty.html

• Advertisement

I expected that to happen today, it was the last day to appeal.

I think the fairest outcome here would be to leave Rossi's penalty stand but also give Marquez 3 points on his license. I don't know if this process has that power though.

This whole saga has damaged Marquez and Lorenzo a lot.

Advertisement