Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2015 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭lolie

Fabio wrote: »
    That was the best race I have ever seen!

But for rossi finishing only 4th i'd definitely agree, amazing racing.
    The last 2 races was the first time in years i got up a stupid o'clock to watch motogp.
    I think rossi really needs to beat lorenzo this weekend to have a chance of winning the championship.
    Can't see him beating the hondas and lorenzo in Valencia.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

It would seem like the title is now Lorenzos to lose. I'm not sure what Rossi's record is in Malaysia but to beat the Spaniards in Spain on Hondas and a Yamaha would take something extraordinary from him.
    HRC guys have nothing to lose - win it or bin it racing from both of them, especially Marquez.
    Lorenzo is too fast and ultimately too consistent for Rossi.

I'd love to see Rossi win a title again, but I can't see it happening unless both Hondas outpace the Yamahas - Jorge will finish ahead of Rossi in both races it is just a question of how far behind Rossi is.

It's not certain, and Rossi is a genius on a bike, but I'm worrying for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭Fabio

lolie wrote: »

But for rossi finishing only 4th i'd definitely agree, amazing racing.
    The last 2 races was the first time in years i got up a stupid o'clock to watch motogp.
    I think rossi really needs to beat lorenzo this weekend to have a chance of winning the championship.
    Can't see him beating the hondas and lorenzo in Valencia.
    Well I don't think it matters who finishes first, second, third etc with regards to how good a race is or isn't....

I'm delighted the championship looks like it's going right down to the wire!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Best race in years....Ianone was amazing...

Well I don't think it matters who finishes first, second, third etc with regards to how good a race is or isn't....

I'm delighted the championship looks like it's going right down to the wire!!!!

Ah no it was up there with any moto gp I've seen since i started watching it bout 12/13 years ago.
    I just meant as a rossi fan and seeing him only finish 4th i couldn't enjoy it as much.
    I really want to see him winning it this year as it's probably now or never.
    Like Max said iannone was amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Rossi has been very good at Sepang, I wouldn't write him off there.
    Forecast is for rain this weekend as well so all bets are off in a wet race.
    Valencia is a Kart track, not my favourite at all, much like Laguna its one line and very difficult to pass there, it can be cold and wet there as well and I have seen both Rossi and Lorenzo fall there in those conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Well well, Rossi has made an astonishing claim! Apparently Marquez was holding him up purposely in Phillip Island. Article here. http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/224458/1/rossi-accuses-marquez-of-helping-lorenzo.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

More mind games from Rossi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭Fabio

lolie wrote: »
    Ah no it was up there with any moto gp I've seen since i started watching it bout 12/13 years ago.
    I just meant as a rossi fan and seeing him only finish 4th i couldn't enjoy it as much.
    I really want to see him winning it this year as it's probably now or never.
    Like Max said iannone was amazing.

You're right, it may well be his last chance. Motomatters.com have a good article on this in their Sepang preview. Honda will improve next year, the Ducati GP16 and the new Suzuki...it'll make it very very hard for Rossi and Lorenzo. 36 years old now. I hope he does it.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Rossi lost the title in Australia. Now he's just making excuses.

Lorenzo will most likely go on to win the championship.

• Advertisement

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Rossi lost the title in Australia. Now he's just making excuses.

Lorenzo will most likely go on to win the championship.

I'd have to agree in part with this. However, I think its a really odd thing to say and leaves a bad taste in the the mouth.

Really odd thing for him to say - whether it is right or not.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,524 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Marquez did make up a ferocious amount of time on that last lap though.

OK so maybe he wanted to save his tyre as much as possible and only pass when he had to - still a risk though as other riders were involved and there was always the chance that one would get in his way or maybe even take him out. It's not 800 racing any more, it's easier for a rider a tenth a lap faster to break the slipstream of the bike behind him and pull away - and Marc wasn't just marginally faster. Marquez made up (IIRC) 0.9s on the last lap including the pass! Usually if a rider can make a pass and make it stick he will, he won't hang on until the last lap if he can do it earlier, it's less risky to be out in front if you have the speed and by the last few laps Marquez did.

It's strange. That doesn't mean that what Rossi is saying is correct though, and absolutely he has an interest in playing mind games at this point.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

I want Rossi to win, but he needs to do better in qualifying to stand a chance.

He also has finished every race so far. Is he due a crash?

Rossi in 3rd, Lorenzo is in 4th for qualifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I think it's going to be an excellent race tomorrow. The two Hondas should clear out in front and leave a big battle between Vale, Jorge and maybe Crazy Joe behind. It could be wet yet though, who knows what will happen then.

It's been the best MotoGP season in a long time.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Uh oh, Rossi may have overstepped the mark.:pac:

Looks like it all backfired on him. Can't see how he gets away with it. Stupid after what happened here 4 years ago.

From a different angle
    CSJgBwXWEAAxfmH.jpg

Starting at back of grid at Valencia

Holy **** :eek:

I'm the biggest Rossi fan and Marquez was riding very hard and antagonising Rossi but I'm really disappointed in him. I'm still not sure he wanted to knock him off but he should never have forced him out wide in the first place.

• Advertisement

Rossi has lost the plot :(

Last to second at Valencia is too much. Game over.

Any word on what this personal matter is that is causing all the problems? It seems to be more than Merquez falling off in Argentina.
    "Marquez did not play with both of us, he played only with me," Rossi said.

"He isn't playing fair. He would prefer Lorenzo to win. He is angry at me for a personal matter."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭gipi

Rossi has lost the plot :(

Last to second at Valencia is too much. Game over.

Any word on what this personal matter is that is causing all the problems? It seems to be more than Merquez falling off in Argentina.

He only needs 2nd if Lorenzo wins, apparently. If Lorenzo comes 2nd, Rossi needs 4th, and if he comes 3rd, Rossi only needs 7th. All according to btsport.

gipi wrote: »
    He only needs 2nd if Lorenzo wins

Lorenzo will win. No doubt.

Pedrosa is in form and Marquez will be out for revenge. Can't see Rossi pulling this off.

It looks like Marquez brought his head right up to be in contact with Rossi's knee before he pushed him away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Scotty #

gipi wrote: »
    He only needs 2nd if Lorenzo wins, apparently. If Lorenzo comes 2nd, Rossi needs 4th, and if he comes 3rd, Rossi only needs 7th. All according to btsport.
    Rossi has been given 3 points on his license and will start from the back of the grid in Valentia. His points from today will count.

Lorenzo did NOT storm the investigation room demanding that Rossi be disqualified as has been reported online but he did confirm in the press conference that this is what he thinks should happen.

Lorenzo was also accused in the press conference of passing under a yellow flag at the start of the race. This was a question from an Irish journalist, was it you Stephen English?

My own view is that Rossi lost his temper, not for the first time, and knew exactly what he was doing. Proving that is difficult though. But, as guilty is the verdict, he should have been disqualified from the race.

^^^^ Cormac Ryan Meenan an Irish photographer.
    https://twitter.com/CormacGP/status/658209502383071232

Anyone think that Rossi will appeal this decision?
    He has nothing to lose.

I think that the mind games backfired and he lost the title. does anyone give him even a slight chance?

Anyone think that Rossi will appeal this decision?
    He has nothing to lose.

I think that the mind games backfired and he lost the title. does anyone give him even a slight chance?

• Advertisement

I heard that Rossi will appeal it.

If the appeal fails, he still has chance if he rides the best race of his life and Lorenzo makes a mistake. Seems unlikely though.

I think the HRC Hondas will play a huge role in it.

Advertisement