Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2015 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Scotty # wrote: »

This whole saga has damaged Marquez and Lorenzo a lot.
    and Rossi/Yamaha and Honda. It's been a PR disaster for MotoGP in general.

David Emmett has a fairly good outline of whats happening here
    https://motomatters.com/news/2015/10/30/valentino_rossi_appeals_sepang_penalty_t.html

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

I'll never own another Honda after this fiasco.

Pugzilla wrote: »
    I'll never own another Honda after this fiasco.

:D

If Valentino gets his points suspended and goes on to win the championship I could see him retiring more or less there and then. I hope not but I just have a suspicion.

Moto GP racer Marc Márquez was reportedly assaulted by Italian reporters in his garage, who were allegedly mocking him for a controversial crash during the Moto GP race earlier this week.

http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/moto-gp-racer-involved-in-controversial-crash-assaulted-1739759100

• Advertisement

That's really bad form. Apparently the are really controversial "journalists". Hopefully the will be punished accordingly, there is no need for that carry on.

It's no harm if it puts some manners on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

It's no harm if it puts some manners on him.

?

It's more than likely to piss him off even more and I can't say I blame him - Twat or not.

?

It's more than likely to piss him off even more and I can't say I blame him - Twat or not.

If he gets more pissed off, then it will be more evident to the world what a c€nt he is. I genuinely wish he has a career ending crash at Valencia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

If he gets more pissed off, then it will be more evident to the world what a c€nt he is. I genuinely wish he has a career ending crash at Valencia.

That's a little uncalled for! Stop short at wishing death on him yeah?

• Advertisement

That's a little uncalled for! Stop short at wishing death on him yeah?

I don't want him to die, just maimed enough so that he never races again. Only a matter of time before he causes a serious crash and hurts someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

The only one being a **** here is you. What a horrific thing to say about anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Nah. I would give money to see Rossi on the top step at Valencia, with Marquez and Lorenzo either side, and him giving both of them the finger!:pac:

I don't want him to die, just maimed enough so that he never races again. Only a matter of time before he causes a serious crash and hurts someone else.

Could that have more to do with your adoration for V. Rossi than for any actual fears for other riders safety??

Could that have more to do with your adoration for V. Rossi than for any actual fears for other riders safety??

Rossi will be gone by 2017, I think Marquez will be around for a while after that.....

Rossi will be gone by 2017, I think Marquez will be around for a while after that.....

The reason you want him maimed though, it seems to me, is nothing to do with other riders safety and more to do with payback for derailing the Doctor's championship push no?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Pugzulla, you are a horrible human being. It's entertainment, and that is all.

The reason you want him maimed though, it seems to me, is nothing to do with other riders safety and more to do with payback for derailing the Doctor's championship push no?

Marquez was the reason that a penalty point system was introduced. What does that say?

Lads, emotions are running high. I was having a good auld rant about the whole thing myself during the week. Some people feel more strongly about it than others.

TBH I hope Lorenzo goes flying over the handlebars and smashes his bike to pieces, but that's just me.:)

Marquez was the reason that a penalty point system was introduced. What does that say?

Oh Marquez has been reckless in the past, and this season at times too.

I don't wish a maiming on him though, and i don't think you would be either if Rossi had finished ahead of Horhay last weekend.

• Advertisement

I'll settle for Marquez accidentally taking out Lorenzo and handing Rossi the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

I've seen more than enough death and injury in motorsport over the years. Disgusting thing to hope for. Yeah Marquez is a ****, and can be dangerous, but that is for the sport too sort out. Only a little while since we lost Simoncelli like

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

I'll settle for Marquez accidentally taking out Lorenzo and handing Rossi the title.

If I was Lorenzo I'd be letting Pedrosa and Marquez past as quick as possible to avoid get caught up in anything. Pedrosa's been on fire recently and Marquez will be wound up after Sepang so I can't see them letting Lorenzo pull away without a scrap.

I don't really care who wins the championship as I'm not a fan of either. I'm just looking forward to see how far Rossi can progress through the rest of the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kat1170

:D:D:D:D:D

12065928_771717789616940_2001720555177869124_n.jpg?oh=cca4c6e6ba277cb27740eb693a7a067c&oe=56C6213A

EB_2013 wrote: »
    If I was Lorenzo I'd be letting Pedrosa and Marquez past as quick as possible to avoid get caught up in anything. Pedrosa's been on fire recently and Marquez will be wound up after Sepang so I can't see them letting Lorenzo pull away without a scrap.

I don't really care who wins the championship as I'm not a fan of either. I'm just looking forward to see how far Rossi can progress through the rest of the field.

Thing is though if Lorenzo finishes 1st or 2nd then Rossi needs to finish directly behind him to take the title.

If he finishes 3rd then 6th place, which is possible, would be good enough for Rossi.

I'm calling it now though, Dani to win the race, Jorge in 2nd, Marc in 3rd complaining of lack of grip. Rossi in 6th.

Jesus lads, wishing for people to get hurt is just so ****ing stupid. These guys go out there and risk their lives to entertain us while we sit on our sofas screeming at the telly on how they could do it better. This whole thing started with Rossi and Marquez and as much as they hate each other now I would imagine the last thing they would want to do is to physical harm each other on track. Maybe they'd like to get in a ring together and exchange a few punches but they certainly don't want to kill or seriously injure each other out on track.

Some of the recent comments here are ridiculous and I really don't think you realise the pure determination to win and to be the best that every single rider in the paddock has. Whether your a fan of the rider or not you should at least respect that and try to think as them.

h3000 wrote: »
    Some of the recent comments here are ridiculous and I really don't think you realise the pure determination to win and to be the best that every single rider in the paddock has. Whether your a fan of the rider or not you should at least respect that and try to think as them.

Agreed on not wishing to see people hurt, but disagree on pure determination to win, from Marquez.

Lorenzo in fairness gives everything on track, but by god he's a sour cnut. Honestly, his behaviour in Sepang certainly wasn't entertainment.

pablo128 wrote: »
    Agreed on not wishing to see people hurt, but disagree on pure determination to win, from Marquez.

Lorenzo in fairness gives everything on track, but by god he's a sour cnut. Honestly, his behaviour in Sepang certainly wasn't entertainment.

Marquez wants to break Valentino's records, "to be the best". I know people don't agree with this but I do think he is purposely trying to stop Vale reaching the magic number 10. I think this accounts for the hard fight he is putting up to Valentino. I don't like what he is doing but he is trying to be the best.

h3000 wrote: »
    Marquez wants to break Valentino's records, "to be the best". I know people don't agree with this but I do think he is purposely trying to stop Vale reaching the magic number 10. I think this accounts for the hard fight he is putting up to Valentino. I don't like what he is doing but he is trying to be the best.

It's akin to my monthly game of darts. I could roar in my opponents face every time he took a shot, and at the end I could be the winner. But at what cost?

Plus the fact I would be lucky to leave without a black eye at least. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Jaysis, that got out of hand!

Advertisement