Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2015 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

They did lodge an appeal but it's being rejected already. He will be starting at the back of the grid.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Damn, let's just hope the chinless spaniard crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Anyone think that Rossi will appeal this decision?
    He has nothing to lose.

I think that the mind games backfired and he lost the title. does anyone give him even a slight chance?

Anyone think that Rossi will appeal this decision?
    He has nothing to lose.

I think that the mind games backfired and he lost the title. does anyone give him even a slight chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,524 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Dunno. Try asking us again :rolleyes:

The whole mind games thing against Marquez has been embarrasing, and I say that as a Rossi fan. He would have been better off finishing fourth behind Marc and not penalised in the next race. Stupid.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Dunno. Try asking us again :rolleyes:

The whole mind games thing against Marquez has been embarrasing, and I say that as a Rossi fan. He would have been better off finishing fourth behind Marc and not penalised in the next race. Stupid.

Yeah, same here, he did stupid against Hayden gifting the title to him that year as well. Will have to have the race of his life to get past the 3 amigos and hope 1 or more crash out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Rossi was penalised for slowing another rider causing him to fall. Marquez lets Lorenzo slip past unchallenged, and then fights like a mad dog with Rossi for 4 laps and nothing happens to him.

Lorenzo showed yet again he has no class. Anyone else would be reasonably happy to have been handed a championship. What a moany b0llox.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

pablo128 wrote: »
    Rossi was penalised for slowing another rider causing him to fall. Marquez lets Lorenzo slip past unchallenged, and then fights like a mad dog with Rossi for 4 laps and nothing happens to him.
    Race direction accepted that but MM did not break any rules.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    Race direction accepted that but MM did not break any rules.

When you apply the letter of the law, that's the case alright.

In any case, job done for Marquez, and silly from Rossi to react to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

No way he "kicked" him off the track, kicking a bike with momentum just doesn't work, I know, I have tried it ;)

Sets up the finally well though, and I do wonder are we in for some more fireworks in Spain. I would love some. As mad as Rossi went over the past 2 races, I still want him to win more than Lorenzo, and especially in the face of the crap that he is dealing with with Marquez.

• Advertisement

Now I just want Lorenzo and Marquez fall in Spain. Please god if there is any justice.

Is there much history of rain in Valencia for the race day?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Is there much history of rain in Valencia for the race day?

Light rain at the start last year but all started on slicks. Rain returned halfway through race with some going for their wet bike, but rain was light and track mostly stayed dry. Jorge DNF last year - let's hope for the same again.

Dry in 2013.

Damp start to 2012 but track dried enough for most to start on slicks.

I wouldn't bet on the rain to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jaapbond

When I watched the this race first I could not believe what I was seeing or believing Rossi capable of such actions. After watching the race again and seeing how easy Marquez let Jorge past and then gave Rossi hassle I can understand how he got wound up.
    He ran Rossi wide at a few turns. Rossi even gave Marquez a few warnings.
    If you look back at the Phillip Island race you could see that Marquez would have been well able of walking away with it at the front.
    Today he went out of his way to trouble Rossi ... I have no doubt about it !
    He got away with it in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Long time lurker on here ,

Watched and rewatched the Rossi incident Marquez hit rossi it was like a premier league dive to get someone sent off ,
    He Marquez used his head litterally to hit rossi 's knee slider .

What little respect i had for Jorge was justified with his comments I'd love to see Jorge and Marquez torpedo each other in valencia

wqGOssl.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if Marquez was carrying on like this with Lorenzos blessing. Why else would Horgay be so vocal against Rossi? The world can see what Marquez is at, except Lorenzo and Marquez it seems.

• Advertisement

Rossi reckons Marquez's manager told him why Marquez was holding him up. http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/rossi-unsure-if-he-will-race-in-valencia-motogp-decider/?v=2&s=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Am I right in saying Valentino has to finish within one place of Lorenzo in Valencia to win?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying Valentino has to finish within one place of Lorenzo in Valencia to win?

Depends where Lorenzo finishes.

If Lorenzo finishes 1st or 2nd then Rossi has to at least finish directly behind him to win.

If Lorenzo finishes 3rd, then 6th place would be good enough for Rossi.

Surely Lorenzo must see that if he wins this championship its is tainted.

Its one thing to do what Rossi did yesterday (pushing Marquez out wide, he did not kick him), but then having Lorenzo mouth off and say that the punishment wasn't enough and should have the points he got yesterday taken away from him. His PR really needs work, at least Rossi doesn't mask who he is.

I really hope, somehow, that Rossi does this, he has to.

*Saw over on the autosport forum that Marquez's Facebook wet down by 400,000 or so yesterday. Yikes.

Gintonious wrote: »
    Surely Lorenzo must see that if he wins this championship its is tainted.
    I don't think any of the three of them come out of this without a loss of integrity.
    Its one thing to do what Rossi did yesterday (pushing Marquez out wide, he did not kick him), but then having Lorenzo mouth off and say that the punishment wasn't enough and should have the points he got yesterday taken away from him.
    There were more than Lorenzo saying that.
    His PR really needs work, at least Rossi doesn't mask who he is.
    Yesterday was a PR disaster for Vale too. Yamaha and Honda would not be pleased either considering both their riders have shouldered criticism for their antics (the exception being Pedrosa).
    I really hope, somehow, that Rossi does this, he has to.
    Nope, Can't see both Hondas beating Jorge. Jorge will be in the top 2. Rossi can't get from last to third. Fourth is no good as I think Jorge wins on race victories. It is 3-2 in favour of Honda in the last 5 years at Valencia.
    Even if he does cut through the pack, he'll have shot his tyres doing so and be unable to do any damage to the top 3. He needs to be super aggressive at the start and that in itself is a danger for him. Needs chanageable conditions I think.

"Maybe I won’t even start [at Valencia], I need to decide,"
    He is surely a bad loser.
    Erm... As much as I am a fan of Rossi...

PS - where is Frostie with all the gossip?

Does he still post on here?

I don't think any of the three of them come out of this without a loss of integrity.

Agreed, I do think Rossi is playing it better though. Marquez is going to come out of the the worst of them if it keeps up.
    There were more than Lorenzo saying that.

Like? *Edit, just saw moan bag Stoner weigh in.
    Yesterday was a PR disaster for Vale too. Yamaha and Honda would not be pleased either considering both their riders have shouldered criticism for their antics (the exception being Pedrosa).

The PR disaster for Rossi has more or less been rebuked though, he didn't kick him off the bike, and Rossi has been through this before with Biaggi, Gibernau and Lorenzo. This is the Rossi game.
    Nope, Can't see both Hondas beating Jorge. Jorge will be in the top 2. Rossi can't get from last to third. Fourth is no good as I think Jorge wins on race victories. It is 3-2 in favour of Honda in the last 5 years at Valencia.
    Even if he does cut through the pack, he'll have shot his tyres doing so and be unable to do any damage to the top 3. He needs to be super aggressive at the start and that in itself is a danger for him. Needs chanageable conditions I think.

I would have Honda as favourites for this, they were rocket fast in testing this year. And with it being the last race and with all the stuff going on, it can't be just a normal race. Noway.
    Erm... As much as I am a fan of Rossi...

When I read that he "kicked" him off the bike, I thought to myself "What the **** are you at pal!" But having seen the incident, it wasn't the case. What Marquez did was essentially a dive in football, him falling makes Rossi look bad and increase the chance of him getting in trouble, which is what he did, and is to help Lorenzo. Simple as that.

Crazy Joe sould take out Lorenzo, he owes Rossi that much for Philip Island.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I dont know, I must be missing something, I havent been watching Moto GP for a few years, always been a fan of Rossi since he was just a teenager but when I heard that he had an incident and had kicked another fella biker I had to see it.

But what I am seeing does not match what many are saying here, in the video, I can see Rossi is already focusing his attention on Marquez disregarding the entire trajectory of the curve, to me, from the beginning of the maneuver his only intention is to stop Marquez or to slow him down. His trajectory is outwards trying to bring Marquez to the outside of the curve, he is not staying in the inside of the turn as you would expect.

I was a bit confused at first but I have read that there was some sort of a back and forth between them both during the race which will explain why Rossi has lost his patience and ended up kicking him.

I have never kicked anyone on a bike, but when a bike is in an angle, it is easier to bring a driver down as it requires less force than when standing straight.

I have also been reading what Rossi has been saying about Marquez and others and all his moaning, and personally, I think he is just desperate and this is a childish reaction to the fear of loosing the championship.

I never liked Lorenzo, find it a bit of a pr...k. But after reading/seeing what Rossi has done and how he has behaved in the last week or two well... I am way too disappointed with him to want him to win..

I even read the Italian press to make sure I wasnt missing something but they also dont seem to be with Rossi's reaction... but here, most people seem to be blaming Marquez or Lorenzo, so I am clearly missing something
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Crazy Joe sould take out Lorenzo, he owes Rossi that much for Philip Island.

Ah alright, good sportsman indeed, this explains things a bit

Advertisement