Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2015 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Bohrio wrote: »
    I dont know, I must be missing something, I havent been watching Moto GP for a few years, always been a fan of Rossi since he was just a teenager but when I heard that he had an incident and had kicked another fella biker I had to see it.

But what I am seeing does not match what many are saying here, in the video, I can see Rossi is already focusing his attention on Marquez disregarding the entire trajectory of the curve, to me, from the beginning of the maneuver his only intention is to stop Marquez or to slow him down. His trajectory is outwards trying to bring Marquez to the outside of the curve, he is not staying in the inside of the turn as you would expect.

I was a bit confused at first but I have read that there was some sort of a back and forth between them both during the race which will explain why Rossi has lost his patience and ended up kicking him.

I have never kicked anyone on a bike, but when a bike is in an angle, it is easier to bring a driver down as it requires less force than when standing straight.

I have also been reading what Rossi has been saying about Marquez and others and all his moaning, and personally, I think he is just desperate and this is a childish reaction to the fear of loosing the championship.

I never liked Lorenzo, find it a bit of a pr...k. But after reading/seeing what Rossi has done and how he has behaved in the last week or two well... I am way too disappointed with him to want him to win..

I even read the Italian press to make sure I wasnt missing something but they also dont seem to be with Rossi's reaction... but here, most people seem to be blaming Marquez or Lorenzo, so I am clearly missing something

Ah alright, good sportsman indeed, this explains things a bit

Who is blaming Lorenzo, and for what? He is being called a whinger alright, but not being blamed on anything.

Also, if you would be so kind as to post a link with either a picture or a video showing Rossi kicking Marquez. Because it didn't happen. Watch the video again and you will see Marquez acellerating and headbutting Rossis knee.

And another point, you may not have seen Lorenzo overtaking Rossi while the yellow flag was out. What is your view on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I had hoped that Rossi would win the title, but was disappointed with Rossi's reaction, he should have just sucked it up and kept racing. Surprised at his outburst on Thursday too, it sounded a little desperate.

But this is also a serious dick move from Marquez, i've no doubt that he was ****ing around with Rossi here. His pace dropped as soon as he saw Lorenzo on pitboard and Lorenzo drove past him without making a move. If Marquez was struggling for pace and/or saving tires he would have sat in behind Rossi and tried to follow him if his true interest was in winning the race.

All within the rules as people have said but the ****ing ego of him deciding he'll determine who wins the best championship race in decades if he can't win it himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I dont know, I must be missing something, I havent been watching Moto GP for a few years, always been a fan of Rossi since he was just a teenager but when I heard that he had an incident and had kicked another fella biker I had to see it.

But what I am seeing does not match what many are saying here, in the video, I can see Rossi is already focusing his attention on Marquez disregarding the entire trajectory of the curve, to me, from the beginning of the maneuver his only intention is to stop Marquez or to slow him down. His trajectory is outwards trying to bring Marquez to the outside of the curve, he is not staying in the inside of the turn as you would expect.

I was a bit confused at first but I have read that there was some sort of a back and forth between them both during the race which will explain why Rossi has lost his patience and ended up kicking him.

I have never kicked anyone on a bike, but when a bike is in an angle, it is easier to bring a driver down as it requires less force than when standing straight.

I have also been reading what Rossi has been saying about Marquez and others and all his moaning, and personally, I think he is just desperate and this is a childish reaction to the fear of loosing the championship.

I never liked Lorenzo, find it a bit of a pr...k. But after reading/seeing what Rossi has done and how he has behaved in the last week or two well... I am way too disappointed with him to want him to win..

I even read the Italian press to make sure I wasnt missing something but they also dont seem to be with Rossi's reaction... but here, most people seem to be blaming Marquez or Lorenzo, so I am clearly missing something

Ah alright, good sportsman indeed, this explains things a bit

In order.

He didn't kick him, the video shows this clearly, his foot comes off the peg after Marquez is already down.

Second, kicking a bike at full lean like that is not easier to knock over, its harder. The force would have to come from the outside angle of the bike to push it down more, not the inside where Rossi is.

Marquez's story also doesn't add up to what we see in the video.
    "I heard the bike then I pick it up, but then I saw that he was completely straight and looking at me and stopping a lot. I was just waiting because there was nothing to do in that point and then I saw that with his leg he pushed my arm and my front brake and then I lock the front wheel and I crash."

You see Marquez going into Rossi's knee with his head, not Rossi's leg going into Marquez.

Here are the better angles. http://gfycat.com/SorrowfulTemptingHowlermonkey#

If people on here genuinely think that a brush of the knee from Rossi would make a MotoGP bike going at speed fall, they need a few lessons in physics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

It's not that black and white. When you are in front you can choose your line. Marquez had the choice to go wide or back off. If you watch the video I posted on previous page you will see that Rossi flicked his knee after Marc rammed into him.

Secondly unless you clip the bar or brake lever (lever can't happen as it is protected now) the it is probably more difficult to cause a crash from the inside as you have to overcome the gyroscopic effect of the bike. I could see a small knock from the outside causing an already leant over bike to crash but not from the inside by the force exterted by Rossi.

In saying that, Rossi is too old and should have been too cute for that sort of carry-on. He lost the mind games and has lost his last chance to win a WC. I was shocked by his comments at the press conference and his part in the fracas yesterday.

It should be noted that both were criticised by Race Control for their on track behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

pablo128 wrote: »
    Who is blaming Lorenzo, and for what? He is being called a whinger alright, but not being blamed on anything.

Also, if you would be so kind as to post a link with either a picture or a video showing Rossi kicking Marquez. Because it didn't happen. Watch the video again and you will see Marquez acellerating and headbutting Rossis knee.

And another point, you may not have seen Lorenzo overtaking Rossi while the yellow flag was out. What is your view on that?

From the moment he started the turn he had no interest in overtaking Marquez but in slowing Marquez down (if not knocking him off), all I feel is he was up to no good... Marquez was on the outside, he had to lean inward to follow the curve trajectory otherwise he would have gone wide or would have had to stop... He didnt headbutt him he leaned right where he met with Rossi's leg and then is when Rossi's kicked him, when he felt Marquez on his leg/side.

Headbutting Rossi... I mean, seriously? Is like if I intentionally punch someone in the face and in my defense I say that he headbutted my fist would you buy that?

If Rossi intention would have been only to overtake Marquez he wouldnt have focus on him so much and would have just tried to find the quickest trajectory (as Marquez was doing before he had to straighten the bike up to correct his).. but instead he went straight for Marquez and forced him out, like playing with him and Marquez lost...

• Advertisement

From the moment he started the turn he had no interest in overtaking Marquez but in slowing Marquez down (if not knocking him off), all I feel is he was up to no good... Marquez was on the outside, he had to lean inward to follow the curve trajectory otherwise he would have gone wide or would have had to stop... He didnt headbutt him he leaned right where he met with Rossi's leg and then is when Rossi's kicked him, when he felt Marquez on his leg/side.

Headbutting Rossi... I mean, seriously? Is like if I intentionally punch someone in the face and in my defense I say that he headbutted my fist would you buy that?

If Rossi intention would have been only to overtake Marquez he wouldnt have focus on him so much and would have just tried to find the quickest trajectory (as Marquez was doing before he had to straighten the bike up to correct his).. but instead he went straight for Marquez and forced him out, like playing with him and Marquez lost...

I don't know if you are watching the same videos or not, but your version of events is laughable. Rossi was hanging Marquez out to dry because each time he tried to over take him, he would re-take him and just purposely slow him down, thats what Marquez had been doing for laps previous to this.

Rossi clearly lost his patience with him, hence hanging him out. But this whole kick thing is just a complete fabrication, and from Marquez's movements you could argue that this was his intention. His post race comments also aid this, saying that he kicked his brake lever, a brake lever that has a protecting fairing on it and then kicking it at speed, during full lean. Give me a brake (no pun intended).

Watch the video again, you will see that Rossi's leg comes off the peg after Marquez is already sliding. There was no kick, end of.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

https://streamable.com/6j4c

Footage of Marquez antagonising Rossi before he came off.

Pugzilla wrote: »
    https://streamable.com/6j4c

Footage of Marquez antagonising Rossi before he came off.

Not exactly the actions of someone who claimed he was waiting for his tyres to come good.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,524 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Just before the crash, you can see Marquez straightened up his bike - then although he wasn't at the edge of the track and he could see Rossi was there, he turned into him.

Regardless of the rights or wrongs of what Rossi was doing, why didn't Marquez just drop back another half a bike length and turn for the apex and go inside Rossi? He might even have been able to pass him given the wide line and slow speed of Rossi's bike.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Scotty #

wqGOssl.jpg
    I presume Casey Stoner was the best man??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,524 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Stoner was a talented rider, but I wasn't one bit sorry when he retired. It was a relief to not have to listen to him moaning any more.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Stoner was, sorry still is, the ultimate moanbag. He never liked any of the argy-bargy and MotoGP doesn't miss him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Just before the crash, you can see Marquez straightened up his bike - then although he wasn't at the edge of the track and he could see Rossi was there, he turned into him.

Regardless of the rights or wrongs of what Rossi was doing, why didn't Marquez just drop back another half a bike length and turn for the apex and go inside Rossi? He might even have been able to pass him given the wide line and slow speed of Rossi's bike.

Its easy for us sitting on our cosy sofas saying what if.....i'm sure the Gimp's blood was boiling and whether he meant to hit the brake lever with his knee we might never know...tbh it looked to me like Gimpy was trying to stop Marquez to have a chat...also dont they have lever guards to stop this from happening, or are they only for the posers up in Laragh...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Vale has Tweeted
    https://twitter.com/ValeYellow46/status/658973235644637184
    Now I don't speak Italian but this is a Google translate
    "Thank you all for the great support, you helped me overcome bitterness and pissed off. Now works for Valencia."

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Here is a better translation from David Emmett

https://twitter.com/motomatters/status/658974047783526402

The petition to overturn the penalty has over 360,00 signatures and climbing at the moment.
    I wonder if this will have any effect?

https://www.change.org/p/motogp-race-director-mike-webb-remove-the-penalty-from-valentino-rossi-and-bring-back-integrity-to-the-championship-2246013d-9c5a-44e9-b306-02c667fce09c

The petition to overturn the penalty has over 360,00 signatures and climbing at the moment.

https://www.change.org/p/motogp-race-director-mike-webb-remove-the-penalty-from-valentino-rossi-and-bring-back-integrity-to-the-championship-2246013d-9c5a-44e9-b306-02c667fce09c

None whatsoever. It's probably a little silly to be honest.

As much as I hate it Vale really ****ed up and probably does deserve some sort of penalty. Is the back of the grid too severe? I'm still not too sure. It is so disappointing to see one of the best MotoGP seasons end like this.

I've signed it, but I can't see it making any difference.

I really believe most of the other riders will let Rossi through on the first lap. The only thing is will Lorenzo be gone by then, or maybe he might get held up a bit. If the Dukes get in front of him, he's fcuked!:pac:

pablo128 wrote: »
    I really believe most of the other riders will let Rossi through on the first lap. The only thing is will Lorenzo be gone by then, or maybe he might get held up a bit. If the Dukes get in front of him, he's fcuked!:pac:

I was half wondering this myself but I really think that it is just wishful thinking. I really can't see the satellite Hondas or even customer Hondas moving over.

Yamaha's appeal to Race Direction was rejected, but they can still appeal directly to the FIM.

Any news on this?

• Advertisement

Yamaha's appeal to Race Direction was rejected, but they can still appeal directly to the FIM.

Any news on this?

As far as I know the appeal on Sunday was to the FIM. I think it has go as far as it can. I stand to be corrected on that though.

on a side note this article is worth a read.
    https://motomatters.com/analysis/2015/10/27/2015_sepang_motogp_round_up_heroes_who_h.html

h3000 wrote: »
    As far as I know the appeal on Sunday was to the FIM. I think it has go as far as it can. I stand to be corrected on that though.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sport/moto-gp/motogp-over-275000-fans-sign-petition-to-get-valentino-rossis-malaysian-gp-penalty-dropped/story-fn2ms4i4-1227583747208

It's Fox News so I'm not sure how reliable the article is.

This is what Lin Jarvis had to say. There is lots of different information out there right now and it's all getting a little confusing.
    http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/224651/1/yamaha-rossi-incorrect-but-penalty-harsh.html
    “As a team, we appealed to the FIM and the first decision of the race control. They heard him, also consulted race direction, consulted Marc Marquez and Honda, and finally after a period of 45 minutes we have the results of the appeal, which was rejected.

“The original penalty of three points against Valentino stands, and in the process of appealing, if the FIM steward rejects your appeal and agrees with the original decision, it is no longer appealable – it becomes final. It's case closed. That means now that Valentino Rossi will go to Valencia with this penalty.”

I did not think a video like this would be released...
    https://twitter.com/btsportmotogp/status/659022824749686785

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The grin on marques face when rossi walks in says it all

Its easy for us sitting on our cosy sofas saying what if.....i'm sure the Gimp's blood was boiling and whether he meant to hit the brake lever with his knee we might never know...tbh it looked to me like Gimpy was trying to stop Marquez to have a chat...also dont they have lever guards to stop this from happening, or are they only for the posers up in Laragh...:P

Really great post...

I read over on autosport that Repsol are now threatening to quit the sport over what happened.

This is brilliant stuff.

Gintonious wrote: »
    I read over on autosport that Repsol are now threatening to quit the sport over what happened.

This is brilliant stuff.

Yeah they were slating Rossi, but who would it affect? Marquez. So I'd say it's a lash out at both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Any news on this?
    h3000 wrote: »
    I've read several reports that once the FIM Steward rejected the appeal that that was the end of the matter including an interview with Lin Jarvis BUT... at the end of Mike Webb's(Race Director) interview on MotoGP.com he says "if Yamaha are not happy with the FIM Stewards decision they have 5 days to take their case to the FIM International Disciplinary Court". This would involve lawyers etc and is very serious, they could even further increase the penalty if they saw fit.
    h3000 wrote:
    As much as I hate it Vale really ****ed up and probably does deserve some sort of penalty. Is the back of the grid too severe?
    Technically his penalty was 3 points on his license only. As he already has 1 point, accumulating 4 points means he starts his next race from the back.

I suspect, as a Yamaha rider will still take the title, they won't take the matter further.

I'd still like to see Lorenzo penalised for the yellow flag though!!

• Advertisement

Gintonious wrote: »

A load of hot air.

Advertisement