Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2015 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Balls anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

The full press release from CAS....
    MEDIA RELEASE
    FIM MOTOGP CHAMPIONSHIP 2015
    VALENTINO ROSSI – REQUEST TO STAY THE EXECUTION OF THE FIM STEWARDS DECISION IS DISMISSED

The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has dismissed Valentino Rossi’s request to stay the execution of the decision issued by the FIM Stewards on 25 October 2015. Accordingly, the decision of the FIM Stewards to impose 3 penalty points on Valentino Rossi’s record following an incident with Marc Marquez during the Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix race held on 25 October 2015 stands and Valentino Rossi will commence the next (and last) event of the season, to be held in Valencia/Spain on 6-8 November 2015, from the last grid position.

After the race in Malaysia, the FIM Race Direction found that Valentino Rossi had deliberately run wide in order to force Marc Marquez off line, resulting in contact causing Marquez to crash out of the race. For this breach of the FIM regulations, the FIM Race Direction imposed 3 penalty points on the rider’s record, a sanction confirmed later by the FIM Stewards. Since Valentino Rossi already has 1 penalty point from an earlier incident this year, this decision brings him to a total of 4 penalty points.

On the basis of the FIM Regulations, a rider with 4 penalty points must start the next race from last grid position. This request for a stay was filed at CAS on 29 October 2015 by Valentino Rossi together with his appeal to have the FIM Steward’s decision regarding the 3 point penalty annulled or at least reduced. The CAS Arbitrator, appointed by mutual agreement of the parties (Prof. Ulrich Haas/Germany), heard the representatives of Mr Rossi and FIM yesterday at the CAS office in Lausanne in order to rule exclusively on the urgent request for a stay to determine whether or not Valentino Rossi should start from last grid position in Valencia. The CAS Arbitrator found that the conditions to grant the stay were not met, which means that the sanction imposed by FIM will have to be served at the next Grand Prix in Valencia.

On 2 November 2015, Jorge Lorenzo filed a Request for Intervention in order to be able to participate in this CAS arbitration but such request was denied. However, the CAS Arbitrator, after consultation with the parties, allowed the filing of a written statement by counsel for Jorge Lorenzo.

The arbitration procedure is still in progress and a final decision on the merits will be rendered at a later stage.

So Lorenzo was allowed his say, albeit in writing.

If the procedure is still in progress and a final decision is due 'at a later stage' then how can they go ahead with the penalty?? It's like 'serve your time and then we'll decide if you are guilty or not'. Am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Honda, the dirty cnuts, wouldn't release the crash data this morning like they said they would. I'd say they knew there was no kick, but didn't want the CAS to know.

Well done Marquez and Honda. Great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

To be dry on Sunday with temperature hitting 20/21degC.

Not sure how this race will play out, but I suspect that Lorenzo will finish in top 2 with Rossi only managing to get 5th - 7th. However, it is Rossi though but he has not shown sufficient outright speed this year to realistically make it look like he can do what is required of him.

However, it is interesting to note his record at Valencia in MotoGP:

2002 Honda 2nd
    2003 Honda 1st
    2004 Yamaha 1st
    2005 Yamaha 3rd
    2006 Yamaha 13th
    2007 Yamaha Ret
    2008 Yamaha 3rd
    2009 Yamaha 2nd
    2010 Yamaha 3rd
    2011 Ducati Ret
    2012 Ducati 10th
    2013 Yamaha 4th
    2014 Yamaha 2nd
    2015 Yamaha ?????

Off the podium 4 times in 13 races - two of those on an uncompetitive Ducati. Taking those out, give him an approx 81% podium rate at Valencia in MGP - although this should be tempered by him only being on podium once since the class reverted to 1000cc engines.

It would be a fairytale if he was to do it, but I feel the race will be a damp squib.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

2006 was when he dropped it to hand the title to Nicky Hayden.

Unfortunately I think it's all over for his title chances this year :(

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

I wouldn't write it off just yet. When a man like Rossi has the fire lit under him like he does now, then anything could happen.

He has a fast bike and an ego just as fast. We also forget that he has the points lead as well. All to play for really IMO.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

It's the year of the GOAT, anything can happen.

The 2 Repsol Hondas may pull away, I hope, leaving Lorenzo in 3rd.

6th place would be enough for Rossi in this case.

Seems even Lorenzo's father is not on his side... http://linkis.com/sportnotizie24.it/jDNtT He says Marquez was to blame for the whole thing and Rossi's punishment was too harsh. "Rossi to win the world title at 36 would be awesome". Lol... wonder who he'll be cheering for on Sunday then?

I wonder if Lorenzo does take the championship on Sunday what kind a reception he will receive on the podium? It'd be terrible to be booed by your home crowd after being crowned world champion!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Much as it would be a fairytale end to a season of great racing, I don't believe that Rossi can make that much ground up.
    Valencia is like a Kart track, very few overtaking opportunities. Much like Laguna Seca in that respect.
    It would have been a great finale if the two Yamaha's could be duking it out but I don't see it happening.

Pedrosa
    Lorenzo
    Marquez
    Rossi 8-9th

Roll on 2016 and the whole field having to get used to rear grip instead of front grip by Bridgestone.
    BTW a Big Thank You to Bridgestone for producing some epic tyres that have allowed the kind of racing that hasn't been seen for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I'll be in town on Sunday but can hopefully spare an hour to watch the race. Any pubs likely to show it? The Woodshed on Parnell St. maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,098 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It's not usually the done thing but I wouldn't be surprised if a good few riders moved aside for Rossi on race day :)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

I have never wanted him to win so badly.

It's not usually the done thing but I wouldn't be surprised if a good few riders moved aside for Rossi on race day :)

I was think this for a while too but now I'm not so sure. They're all out there to race as fast as they can, I don't think anyone will make it too easy on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Expect the Italien riders will do so in solidarity and allow him through. I expect him to emerge as champion but he needs the race of his life to see the spainards off.

h3000 wrote: »
    I was think this for a while too but now I'm not so sure. They're all out there to race as fast as they can, I don't think anyone will make it too easy on him.

Yeah but it's not like normal racing for places. If you have a guy behind you who is potentially 2 seconds a lap faster, who would normally never be behind you, what do you gain by holding him up?

Rossi will be in the top ten after the first corner

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Yeah but it's not like normal racing for places. If you have a guy behind you who is potentially 2 seconds a lap faster, who would normally never be behind you, what do you gain by holding him up?

Rossi will be in the top ten after the first corner
    He will be past the open bikes quick enough alright but I think the satellite bikes and the Ducati\suzukis will put up a tougher fight. I don't think they will wave him past.

I do hope I'm wrong and he gets to the top 8 or so very quickly but I'm just not convinced. Maybe I'm being too pessimistic :)

I think I'll be standing up with my heart pounding for the whole race :eek:

I have to say that was an incredible lap by
    Lorenzo

Sulking :(

Crutchlow says he won't be letting him past. It would be 'disrespectful' to do so. He needs the start of his life tomorrow and make up have the field by the 3rd bend.

Anywhere showing the race live?

Anywhere showing the race live?

Are you talking TV or physical location?

• Advertisement

TV.

TV.

BT Sport 2 so for TV.

I think you can by a one race pass on MotoGP.com too if you have a decent broadband connection.

It doesn't need fibre or anything, IIRC the requirement for standard def Videopass is 2Mbit

I've only 8Mbit and it doesn't max out on the HD version

To all intents and purposes it's all over though - unless Lorenzo fails to finish. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

I dunno about him getting "waved" through but I suspect some of the lads won't be pushing as hard as they can for a few laps, I'd love to see some of them give Vale an easier passage than they normally would.
    Lorenzo and hondas behaviour imo has been reprehensible, particularly lorenzo, I think he knows in a straight scrap, the title would go to rossi hence his interference, it'll be a hollow victory if the little rat face takes it.

Will also be very interesting to see mm's tactics if (hopefully when) rossi gets scrapping with him. More go slow antics? (from arguably one of the fastest, most talented riders atm, that is when he's not slinging the Bike down the track) I think so unfortunately, ever since the title went away from his grasp, his behaviour has been terrible, petulant childish stuff.
    And that's a bloody shame (for himself and motogp) he's one of the most exciting riders in years but I just can't reconcile that promise and results of his first two seasons to what bollox acting he's been at this season.

Forza Vale #46!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Lorenzo has to finsish 3rd or worse for Rossi to have any chance.

It's all over if Lorenzo clears off in the distance at the start of the race.

Very true, could crash all the same, wouldn't particularly want that(wouldn't be too sad to see it either mind you) love to see them having a good aul scrap, but it is unlikely. Hopefully rossi get into a position where he has some hope of clinching it. (I'd imagine lorenzo would be getting worried if his pit board is reading a hard charging 46 and he starts making errors, leading to the real scrap for the title that should be.) here's hoping...

Ohhh to see this happen again!!

jorge.gif

Scotty # wrote: »
    Ohhh to see this happen again!!

jorge.gif

Ha! Would be a fine site indeed, seeing as he's such a stickler for the rules it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Looking pretty poor for Rossi tomorrow. Lorenzo will blitz the field in the first 5 - 10 laps and then maintain the gap from there into the flag. With the Hondas struggling with grip it ain't looking good.

It really would be legendary status stuff if he was to come through the field and get the title. Doesn't have the pace though. Lorenzo is looking exceptionally strong - physically and mentally. Lap record in qualfying is impressive.

Are there many overtaking opportunities at Valencia?

Advertisement