Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Delaney rebel song

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭DeadHand

fryup wrote: »
    well the issue is...john delaney is the president of the FAI so in that context its wrong

imagine if the president of the scottish FA was caught singing the Sash there would be uproar amongst the irish

I'm with you, my friend, Delaney's an appalling fool.

Considering his position, he had no business in that pub in the first place let alone lashing out the IRA songs a short time before matches with Scotland and England. I certainly wasn't defending him.

The point I was trying to make was that the singing of rebel songs is not an inherently abhorrent act, as had been claimed.

It's context, context, context.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

The man has no class

The last time I heard that sort of a comment was back in the eighties, It was made by some politician on a pedestal of honesty, integrity and put on his pedestal by the main stream media. Reading between the lines of Fionn Sheahan article regarding the Ansbacher accounts, this pillar of honesty, integrity and clarity will be exposed. Not trying to go off post, I do not like people talking about class, IMO those who talk about class are lacking in the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

This is a vendetta against John Delaney now.

John has done this type of thing for years and years.

He is fond of a few drinks and a sing-song with the fans after matches.

He is a big fan and supporter as well as CEO and likes to have a bit of a laugh.

Perhaps he may go too far for a CEO but it is pathetic that somebody took advantage and forwarded the video to the media.

There is no 'news' here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭forgotten password

olé olé ole ole olé ole

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Oops! wrote: »
    All he's missing is the Lexus.....

It's not a brown Toyota, it's a coffee coloured Lexus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Just watched the YouTube video and I'm TOTALLY OUTRAGED!!!

People talking and a man trying to sing! :mad:

yeah he needs someone following him around going ssshhh ssshhh give him a chance..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

He is a big fan and supporter as well as CEO and likes to have a bit of a laugh.

Perhaps he may go too far for a CEO but it is pathetic that somebody took advantage and forwarded the video to the media.

There is no 'news' here

The news is that Delaney is an unprofessional idiot. Any stick used to beat this gob****e out of Irish football is alright by me.

What is embarrassing is your post. It shows no knowledge of the history of Irish football and where it came from.
    Facilities have improved greatly, and football has made great strides outside the big cities.
    Also more people play football every weekend than any other sport.

Gaa and rugby historically were well supported by patrons with money. Football never had anything like the same financial support down the years.

But keep plugging your populist rubbish - FAI bad, JD bad if it makes you feel good.

As for him singing a rebel song - to me it's a non issue.

Why does this guy earn 4 times more per annum then the champions get for winning the league? This is where the discontent with him lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Drummer1967

Fudge You wrote: »
    Awful singer.
    And a clown too.

Arrogant clown that should have been sacked years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,775 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

There are very few CEOs that carry on like him.

Ok maybe Michael O'Leary. But he is so good he can do anything he likes.

Why is he going onto TV shows talking about his love life ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Drummer1967

There are very few CEOs that carry on like him.

Ok maybe Michael O'Leary. But he is so good he can do anything he likes.

Why is he going onto TV shows talking about his love life ?

Because he's a Nob end that thinks people actually care about him......The frickin state of the Chav in fairness Dracula would be proud of those fangs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

There is no 'news' here

He needs to go. Domestic football is in the gutter. Even the fact that he earns four times as much as the domestic league winners and when teams like Monaghan are sinking is laughable. Sure what does he do, turn up and open a few astroturf pitches every now and again. We are too tolerant of this type of nonsense in Ireland but it looks like people from all corners are waking up to it.

December 10th :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Man seen drunk in pub.

..In tomorrows edition we'll bring you Priest Caught Saying Mass.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

There is no 'news' here

Delaney getting locked in public is pathetic. Delaneys wages considering the state of football in Ireland is pathetic. Delaney releasing a statement saying it wasn't him is pathetic. Delaney singing a rebel song considering his position is pathetic. Delaney saying a popular irish internet forum should be closed down because he doesn't like what they're saying is pathetic. Delaneys singing voice is pathetic. Delaney trying to deflect the attention to "cyber bullying" of his girlfriend is pathetic. Delaneys apology "sorry if you were offended" is pathetic. Delaneys hair is pathetic. Delaney crying on the radio is pathetic.
    T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

There are very few CEOs that carry on like him. Ok maybe Michael O'Leary. But he is so good he can do anything he likes.

MOL is a completely different beast. Like him or not, everything he does is for the betterment of Ryanair.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Delaney getting locked in public is pathetic. Delaneys wages considering the state of football in Ireland is pathetic. Delaney releasing a statement saying it wasn't him is pathetic. Delaney singing a rebel song considering his position is pathetic. Delaney saying a popular irish internet forum should be closed down because he doesn't like what they're saying is pathetic. Delaneys singing voice is pathetic. Delaney trying to deflect the attention to "cyber bullying" of his girlfriend is pathetic. Delaneys apology "sorry if you were offended" is pathetic. Delaneys hair is pathetic. Delaney crying on the radio is pathetic.
    T

Much of that is true - but there is no need to make comments about his appearance - I understand it is comments like above that has undermined the efforts of the YBIG website in an effort to get rid of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

T

*gasps*
    What are you trying to say????

Berserker wrote: »
    MOL is a completely different beast. Like him or not, everything he does is for the betterment of Ryanair.

Well that is sort of my point - everything he does works (MOL).

With JD - he has had events involving drink a couple of times , you think he himself or somebody would say - John - keep head down during the big events - particularly the day Ireland are playing.

Yes top CEOs - go to the social events - but are very selective, very controlled and they leave deliberately early. They don't sing in a public place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

What is embarrassing is your post. It shows no knowledge of the history of Irish football and where it came from.
    Facilities have improved greatly, and football has made great strides outside the big cities.
    Also more people play football every weekend than any other sport.

Gaa and rugby historically were well supported by patrons with money. Football never had anything like the same financial support down the years.

But keep plugging your populist rubbish - FAI bad, JD bad if it makes you feel good.

As for him singing a rebel song - to me it's a non issue.

Sorry for any offence caused, John. Any tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭mosstin

Bit late to this but, for me, two huge issues from this;
    1. Why the **** would anyone want to go for a drink with John Delaney?
    2. He then started singing. Why the **** would anyone want to listen to John Delaney sing?

• Advertisement

mosstin wrote: »
    Bit late to this but, for me, two huge issues from this;
    1. Why the **** would anyone want to go for a drink with John Delaney?
    2. He then started singing. Why the **** would anyone want to listen to John Delaney sing?

Well - life is like that - plenty of people flock to lads when they have

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭mosstin

Much of that is true - but there is no need to make comments about his appearance - I understand it is comments like above that has undermined the efforts of the YBIG website in an effort to get rid of him.

Delaney has a bad barnet. This is a pefectly logical and understandable thing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

he should have sung this....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

4U8U4co.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Why is this even a story? Who cares, its a great song

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Whatever is said on YBIG website or any other message board makes zero difference on whether he stays or not.

Whatever is said on YBIG website or any other message board makes zero difference on whether he stays or not.

Not sure about that - what is talked about online - is an easy story for media outlets. Yes they don't run with them - but they research what they see and get easy current stories.

He was on Top of The Irish Times. The video turned up online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

The worrying and shameful bit is there are so many posters defending him.
    He's singing songs praising murders, including a killer who lined up protestant works and machine gunned them to death.

And they you have the cheek to turn around and condemn " the sectarian failed stateless" football team?

Your IRA mates will be calling us Bastards next.

But sure, you are only West Brits, who gives a **** what you all think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

getzls wrote: »
    The worrying and shameful bit is there are so many posters defending him.
    He's singing songs praising murders, including a killer who lined up protestant works and machine gunned them to death.

And they you have the cheek to turn around and condemn " the sectarian failed stateless" football team?

Your IRA mates will be calling us Bastards next.

But sure, you are only West Brits, who gives a **** what you all think.

There is such a thing called real life, a lot of people missed the bus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

JD just murdered one of my fav songs.

Bastard

I love a good ol' hardcore rebel/ballad session.

Brits out & all that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement