Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Delaney rebel song

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Talks big when he's far away from it, but too scared to even go to Monaghan when there's troubles.

Bit like the Wolfe Tones actually.

Bit like the free state government too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

What is embarrassing is your post. It shows no knowledge of the history of Irish football and where it came from.
    Facilities have improved greatly, and football has made great strides outside the big cities.
    Also more people play football every weekend than any other sport.

Gaa and rugby historically were well supported by patrons with money. Football never had anything like the same financial support down the years.

But keep plugging your populist rubbish - FAI bad, JD bad if it makes you feel good.

As for him singing a rebel song - to me it's a non issue.

I think even for a county like my own has shown how much soccer has grown in the past 20 years just last week funding has come through for a full size FIFA standard astroturf pitch in Tralee,this adds to the fine set ups in Killarney and also Listowel so in a GAA mad county soccer is growing,I hope in a few years we will have a LOI side.

I'd like to dedicate this to the west Brits of boards, the Government and the Irish Times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

jugger0 wrote: »
    I'd like to dedicate this to the west Brits of boards, the Government and the Irish Times.

You're welocome to John Delaney anyway ,he's agreat waffler , something RSF likes to do .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Bit like the free state government too.

Can't remember the Irish government ever stoking the people into a Red Bull fuelled frenzy, leading them to cause untold damage to their neighbours' property or person as if they were somehow 'fighting for Ireland'

• Advertisement

Can't remember the Irish government ever stoking the people into a Red Bull fuelled frenzy, leading them to cause untold damage to their neighbours' property or person as if they were somehow 'fighting for Ireland'

Why would the Irish government ever have anything to do with fighting for Ireland, they like to do nothing instead, the Irish government showed its true colors when foreign soldiers killed Irish citizens and the British government colluded with loyalist terrorists and they done.... nothing! Cowards... thieves and cowards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Irish man sings Irish song in Irish bar after Ireland match in Ireland!!

Oops69 wrote: »
    You're welocome to John Delaney anyway ,he's agreat waffler , something RSF likes to do .

Waffling is a SF phenomenon now ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Why would the Irish government ever have anything to do with fighting for Ireland, they like to do nothing instead, the Irish government showed its true colors when foreign soldiers killed Irish citizens and the British government colluded with loyalist terrorists and they done.... nothing! Cowards... thieves and cowards.

Well. This went downhill quickly didn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭_Puma_

I think even for a county like my own has shown how much soccer has grown in the past 20 years just last week funding has come through for a full size FIFA standard astroturf pitch in Tralee,this adds to the fine set ups in Killarney and also Listowel so in a GAA mad county soccer is growing,I hope in a few years we will have a LOI side.

Funded by the government National Lotto grant. Make no mistake about it very little money filters down from the agency responsible for actually developing the game in this country. Coaching/Referee courses have been cut back with a complete lack of qualified coaches here, grassroots staff hiring have been curtailed, affiliation costs have gone through the roof and more clubs have gone to the wall than in living memory. The state of the National league and the associations attitude to it is is just tip of the iceberg to the complete lack of investment by the FAI in developing the game here.

Football has grown here through more participation but the development of the game from the FAI has gotten progressively worse under Delaney.

Add to that the complete closing shop to the FAI's accounts for scrutiny and the removal of any dissent from within the association and the picture becomes clear. The fact that Natioanal squads supporters are turning against him is a massive OG for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

Jesus still bitter about the civil war?

Were you the bloke who got angry at FG supporters wrapping themselves in the tricolour?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

This is NOT a non story.

This is a STORY.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

Fair play to him for singing this song. Good to see there's still people with sense down here instead of being brain washed by the west Brit media! Tiocfaidh ar la

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭_Puma_

It gets better, Seems John was out denying it was him in the video at all. Wonder when the penny dropped!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I want him out just as much as the next person, but this won't be the thing that brings him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭golfball37

John Aldridge said they all sang rebel songs on the team bus back in big Jack's days. His own personal favourite was Sean South.

How is this frowned upon ffs?

My only beef would be Joe McDonnell is too long winded and slow for a pub sing song so it was a bad choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭padohaodha

Irish man sings Irish song.wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Umaro wrote: »
    I want him out just as much as the next person, but this won't be the thing that brings him down.

Hopefully it's the start of his demise though. The man is a complete disgrace and doesn't have the best interest of Irish football at heart. Where was he when Monaghan went bust, on the piss in Gdansk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 489 ✭✭Sclosages

I was banned off a website for posting a rebel song. Apparently a lady was traumatised. She was from Belfast. Dreadful stuff. God bless her. Same song is on every jukebox in rural Ireland.

I'd post it here though I'd probably be banned lol...

Ah - feck it - here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s2MSVaXNqQ

If I'm banned - good luck lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Just watched the YouTube video and I'm TOTALLY OUTRAGED!!!

People talking and a man trying to sing! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

golfball37 wrote: »
    John Aldridge said they all sang rebel songs on the team bus back in big Jack's days. His own personal favourite was Sean South.

My only beef would be Joe McDonnell is too long winded and slow for a pub sing song so it was a bad choice.

I get the feeling ''people'' are ok with rebel songs pre-troubles..

Anything after that is to close to the bone. The wolf tones etc are acceptable with Sean south and Dying rebel etc, but throw in Read the roll of honour or Black watch and the west brits come out in force..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

A complete disgrace to Irish football. The man is paid more than many of the chiefs of the best leagues in the world. How does his role merit that kind of money? Lets be honest the FAI is a mickey mouse organisation that is miles behind the GAA and IRFU. I was reading that the IRFU chief comands €125k a year while Delaney rakes in €400k for doing sweet F all. LOI winners only get €100k a year.

Delaneys relationship with Denis O'Brien is also quite an unhealthy one as evidenced by the indo stories and videos about claiming that he is John the Baptist and general promotional videos. Im sorry but for me its just another example of someone paying themselves far more than they should command while Its the kids and LOI clubs that suffer. That type of crap is all to familiar on this island.

Also singing a song is a non-story and interesting to see he was straight on the counter attack in the indos with stories about his missus being cyber bullied.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 489 ✭✭Sclosages

A complete disgrace to Irish football. The man is paid more than many of the chiefs of the best leagues in the world. How does his role merit that kind of money? Lets be honest the FAI is a mickey mouse organisation that is miles behind the GAA and IRFU. I was reading that the IRFU chief comands €125k a year while Delaney rakes in €400k for doing sweet F all. LOI winners only get €100k a year.

Delaneys relationship with Denis O'Brien is also quite an unhealthy one as evidenced by the indo stories and videos about claiming that he is John the Baptist and general promotional videos. Im sorry but for me its just another example of someone paying themselves far more than they should command while Its the kids and LOI clubs that suffer. That type of crap is all to familiar on this island.

Also singing a song is a non-story and interesting to see he was straight on the counter attack in the indos with stories about his missus being cyber bullied.

Supply and Demand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

This is a non-story.

Right ban rebel songs, then sure why not ban songs with curse words in case we offend others!!! *shock, horror*

He may be a bit of a b*llox, but im not going to crucify him over singing rebel songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

An apology and then a dig at people calling them sly.

For recording him singing in a public house. Boo hoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭IrishCule

Complete BS stuff to turn people against YBIG because they are the ones putting alot of the pressure on JD. I was on the thread at the time and there was 2 posts made that were out of order and within an hour or 2 they were deleted and the two lads banned AND an apology was posted by the site owner, yet according to Emma in that space of time she became sick to her stomach, her kids were traumatised, she wont accept the apology and she has no choice but to pursue legal action.

Haven't been so pissed off by a news article in a long while, really shows that 90% of **** in the papers is complete bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Rebel songs are abhorrent, as is the singing of them.

Do you also find "Le Marseillaise" and "The Star-Spangled Banner" and the singing of them equally abhorrent, since both are rebel songs ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

golfball37 wrote: »

It's a good sing song though, I wonder did he give his rendition of "Stick your decommission up your ass"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

IrishCule wrote: »
    Complete BS stuff to turn people against YBIG because they are the ones putting alot of the pressure on JD. I was on the thread at the time and there was 2 posts made that were out of order and within an hour or 2 they were deleted and the two lads banned AND an apology was posted by the site owner, yet according to Emma in that space of time she became sick to her stomach, her kids were traumatised, she wont accept the apology and she has no choice but to pursue legal action.

Haven't been so pissed off by a news article in a long while, really shows that 90% of **** in the papers is complete bull****.

Yeah , it really is. I copped it when Vincent Brown was reading out the headlines the other night. Two Delaney stories at odds with each other on different papers one of them being Denis O'Briens rag. Guess which one was in favour of Delaney? Also papers have been shown up for what they are over the past few weeks during the water protests. Full of sh1t!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭DeadHand

IrishCule wrote: »
    she wont accept the apology and she has no choice but to pursue legal action.

Ah yeah, just what the Delaneys need- yet more money.

The existence of these people is an excellent argument for communism. I'm anything but left wing, but I turn into Lenin when I see their smug, self-entitled faces.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement