Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk - Breakfast Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Well didn't she announce to the nztion last year that she was going reregister with the medical council. Did she?

No idea to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Well didn't she announce to the nztion last year that she was going reregister with the medical council. Did she?

Not according to my immediate family member who is a GP.

One thing we can be sure of is she would have told us about it had she actually gone ahead with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

redbuck wrote: »
    No idea to be honest.

It's public domain stuff: https://www.medicalcouncil.ie/public-information/check-the-register/

She's not, but she still was a year ago. Her reg number was 021248.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I might be wrong but what she was announcing last year was that she will sign up to the HSE Ireland's call or whatever that recruitment drive was called. I don't think many people were called from that and almost nobody was needed last spring..

Why would she return into profession she left outside volunteering for something?

meeeeh wrote: »
    Why would she return into profession she left outside volunteering for something?

Well if I had trained for 10 years to work in a profession where I could actively help and save people's lives I'd get a lot more job satisfaction out of that than bantering with Alan Quinlan on a Monday morning about soccer matches neither of them have probably watched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I think probably is redundant.

However people do what they think is right for them and not what others feel they should sacrifice themselves for.

meeeeh wrote: »
    I think probably is redundant.

However people do what they think is right for them and not what others feel they should sacrifice themselves for.

I agree. I'm just speaking from a personal perspective what I personally would find more rewarding.

Each to their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Really frustrating listening to that Senator Malcolm Byrne guy this morning. He is working to "introduce a Bill entitled an Act to restrict the use of the terms Óglaigh na hÉireann and Defence Forces to the defence forces raised and maintained under the Defence Acts 1954 to 2015"

Does he honestly think this is the best use of his time in the service of the State? And does he think such an act would actually dissuade anybody who did want to use the term Óglaigh na hÉireann for their own ends from doing so? Seems like this is 100% politically motivated and a complete waste of State money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Really frustrating listening to that Malcolm Byrne guy this morning. He is working to "introduce a Bill entitled an Act to restrict the use of the terms Óglaigh na hÉireann and Defence Forces to the defence forces raised and maintained under the Defence Acts 1954 to 2015"

Does he honestly think this is the best use of his time in the service of the State? And does he think such an act would actually dissuade anybody who did want to use the term Óglaigh na hÉireann for their own ends from doing so? Seems like this is 100% politically motivated and a complete waste of State money.

Is that the same Oglaigh na hEireann that has ships tied up in ports and helicopters grounded because this lads party won't pay their personnel?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,850 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

...bantering with Alan Quinlan on a Monday morning about soccer matches neither of them have probably watched.

She probably thinks she's a "key worker" in that role.
    The "Quinny" nickname is so cringe esp. coming from herself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Really frustrating listening to that Senator Malcolm Byrne guy this morning. He is working to "introduce a Bill entitled an Act to restrict the use of the terms Óglaigh na hÉireann and Defence Forces to the defence forces raised and maintained under the Defence Acts 1954 to 2015"

Pretty sure that's already in law anyway!

Well if I had trained for 10 years to work in a profession where I could actively help and save people's lives I'd get a lot more job satisfaction out of that than bantering with Alan Quinlan on a Monday morning about soccer matches neither of them have probably watched.

Ciara likely wants to be an insta hun type career wise now I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

More flirting this morning - very professional.

It's horrendous, she'll be selling tat made in China on her instagram yet... #100daysofwalking
    Serious pain in the head.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭Azatadine

You would have to wonder if the powers that be realise that she is clearly out of her depth, unprofessional and has horrendous interview etiquette?

She personalises everything also, had huge issue with the estimated LC grades as one of her kids didn't get the benefit of going to private school.
    Yet she trys to be a devout lefty most of the time, the veil slips on occasions (a few times a week at least).

Her line of questioning this morning something like "so folk with their own bog can burn turf but poor people who can't afford to retrofit their homes can't minister" .......... exactly Ciara, what's the problem with that exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Azatadine wrote: »
    You would have to wonder if the powers that be realise that she is clearly out of her depth, unprofessional and has horrendous interview etiquette?

Surely you don’t think that Newstalk would do anything that might seem to a woke person like they were treating a woman unfairly.

We are not talking about a George Hook here.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Can't stand either of them, Shane is a smug ar*ehole. Ciara with her fake empathy again this morning talking to a woman who lost her husband to covid. Yet banging the "open up everything and get on with life" drum because cases are below 1000.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Sil on Newstalk this morning, must be Funny Friday. Joe will be raging he's on the enemy station, he referenced that he was cancelled from his show on Liveline and friends stopped ringing him. Wonder if Joe is one of those friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

pc7 wrote: »
    Sil on Newstalk this morning, must be Funny Friday. Joe will be raging he's on the enemy station, he referenced that he was cancelled from his show on Liveline and friends stopped ringing him. Wonder if Joe is one of those friends.

Quite sad to have to get to that age to find out who your friends are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

pc7 wrote: »

Oh I heard them saying that they were going to be speaking to him, but missed the item cos I had to take a phone call. I didn't know he would reference liveline - must listen back.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Piehead

I wonder how much the 2 get paid for the show? 50 or 60k

that's hardly enough to warrant not practicing as a GP? I'm sure Ciara is as fond as the € as she is of screeching on the radio.

Piehead wrote: »
    I wonder how much the 2 get paid for the show? 50 or 60k

Probably closer to 100k I'd imagine because I don't know why a doctor would leave her GP role to shout on the radio every morning for half the pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Ciara Kelly: Welcome to the show Taoiseach.

Leo: Thanks for havi

CK: Now Taoiseach, im an essential worker, what about people like me who have to suffer through this lockdown. Don't you think blah blah blah

Leo: Thanks for having me on Cia

CK: Sorry Taoiseach I have to stop you there, as a GP myself and having had Covid , I am in better position than most blah blah blah

Leo: Well Ciara, if I can just start by saying

CK: With all due respect Taoiseach, this is not the time for statements, we need action, are you going to take action Taoiseach, blah blah blah

Leo: Thanks for having me on Ciara.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Allinall

Ciara Kelly: Welcome to the show Taoiseach.

Leo: Thanks for havi

CK: Now Taoiseach, im an essential worker, what about people like me who have to suffer through this lockdown. Don't you think blah blah blah

Leo: Thanks for having me on Cia

CK: Sorry Taoiseach I have to stop you there, as a GP myself and having had Covid , I am in better position than most blah blah blah

Leo: Well Ciara, if I can just start by saying

CK: With all due respect Taoiseach, this is not the time for statements, we need action, are you going to take action Taoiseach, blah blah blah

Leo: Thanks for having me on Ciara.

Nice vivid imagination there.

Is the lockdown getting to you, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Allinall wrote: »

"All work and no play make me a dull boy"

Allinall wrote: »

We have a Ciara fan in the house image.jpg

Augeo wrote: »
    that's hardly enough to warrant not practicing as a GP? I'm sure Ciara is as fond as the € as she is of screeching on the radio herself.

FYP

• Advertisement

Probably closer to 100k I'd imagine because I don't know why a doctor would leave her GP role to shout on the radio every morning for half the pay.

You can multiply that by a factor of 1.5-2.5.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement