Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk - Breakfast Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Wait until they get on to discussing the replacement of Direct Provision.

The rugby segment with "Quinny" was amazeballs and then the pair of them start deriding someone stupid enough to waste 30c texting the programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Piehead wrote: »
    She was completely out of control. Ranting and raving like a lunatic making little sense

Classic Ciara K lose cohesion, raise your voice and try shutdown anyone that disagrees. I think Bauer will order up a prison shanking and the sooner the better.

Wow, we got through that without difficulty but of course Ciara and the NGO man both in agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Wow, we got through that without difficulty but of course Ciara and the NGO man both in agreement.

The good doctor was very reserved for once actually. I thought the guest sounded apprehensive at first like he was waiting to be interrupted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Classic Ciara K lose cohesion, raise your voice and try shutdown anyone that disagrees. I think Bauer will order up a prison shanking and the sooner the better.

Have to say I think she makes perfect sense. At least she is brave enough to speak out, unlike Shane rolling over with his belly up. She is doing a better job than him and I actually don’t like either of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Wait until they get on to discussing the replacement of Direct Provision.

The plan is that everybody who enters the system gets a house after four months. In a country with a massive housing crisis, that can't provide houses for the existing population. This will just encourage more and more people to skip all the other countries near them and come straight to Ireland. Surely somebody will shout stop at this stage.

Some good sensible questions being asked here, of the type you don't hear asked on RTÉ.

The plan is that everybody who enters the system gets a house after four months. In a country with a massive housing crisis, that can't provide houses for the existing population. This will just encourage more and more people to skip all the other countries near them and come straight to Ireland. Surely somebody will shout stop at this stage.

People who have no actual real need to be resident in Ireland should be returned from whence they came within a short time frame, before they get settled in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Right at the start of the show after the 7am news...https://www.newstalk.com/listen-back

Listened to it this morning, lol.

People who have no actual real need to be resident in Ireland should be returned from whence they came within a short time frame, before they get settled in any way.

They same should be done Irish illegals in America ,Canada and Australia.

• Advertisement

redbuck wrote: »
    The good doctor was very reserved for once actually. I thought the guest sounded apprehensive at first like he was waiting to be interrupted.

She probably got a bollocking from the producers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,087 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

When caught in those places illegally you tend to be turfed out.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

2smiggy wrote: »
    When caught in those places illegally you tend to be turfed out.....

Well, Australian send you to a “detention centre” on an offshore island.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 20,087 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Well, Australian send you to a “detention centre” on an offshore island.

that's more for the 'boat people'

usually when caught in Melbourne or Sydney you are detained locally till you have your flight out of the country organised !!

Still an entirely strictly situation than we have here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

No arguements for most people about that despite the Irish undocumentated abroad being used as a justification to take in illegals here.

No arguements for most people about that despite the Irish undocumentated abroad being used as a justification to take in illegals here.

People in direct provision aren’t illegals.

Ciara has 4 degrees - new fact this morning. Good to see them being put to good use on Newstalk. As for Seachtain na Gaeilge....God help us.....

Ciara has 4 degrees - new fact this morning. Good to see them being put to good use on Newstalk. As for Seachtain na Gaeilge....God help us.....

I’d like to see proof of that.

I would suspect an element of misinformation there, whereby she’s classing sub-specialties within medicine as degrees, which they are not, they are of course part of the overall award. I have heard this argument before, it’s not valid.

But I’m open to correction if someone wants to show me evidence of her 4 separate degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

‘Seachtain na Gaeilge’ will last for 17 days apparently?

Lesson no 1:- Learn the meaning of the word ‘seachtain’!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Roger_007 wrote: »
    ‘Seachtain na Gaeilge’ will last for 17 days apparently?

Lesson no 1:- Learn the meaning of the word ‘seachtain’!

It's always been like that?
    Anyhow it's the usual annual repeated failure at making Irish cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭Tork

I see Ciara is trending on Twitter at the moment for her thoughts on the antics at the anti-lockdown protest on Saturday. Either her memory is short or she sees what way the wind is blowing on this. While a lot of people have questions about the anti-Covid measures being taken in this country, the shenanigans on Saturday cast protests against them in a poor light.

https://twitter.com/NewstalkFM/status/1366311345109561344?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

I think she was confused, I seen her on the Restaurant last night and she got 4 stars.. that must be what she meant.

Tork wrote: »
    I see Ciara is trending on Twitter at the moment for her thoughts on the antics at the anti-lockdown protest on Saturday. Either her memory is short or she sees what way the wind is blowing on this. While a lot of people have questions about the anti-Covid measures being taken in this country, the shenanigans on Saturday cast protests against them in a poor light.

Delighted to see so many people (male AND female) calling her out for her double-speak.

Tork wrote: »

Some great tweets and replies there. Worth a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Some great tweets and replies there. Worth a read.

:D:D:D

https://twitter.com/LeftistDad/status/1366317793738694658

Yes that one is particularly accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Got any more?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Frank McDonald will be on this morning to discuss high rise buildings and in particular the proposed 45 storey proposal by Johnny Ronan. Ciara usually has a Barney with him and doesn’t let him speak so should be interesting.

• Advertisement

According to Ivana, men going to get w@NK leave, so to speak? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement