Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Black Friday Deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

What happens with check out for these deals. Looking at couple of the smaller toys but I'll have to pay postage as under €25, can you pay for them and hold to post together or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

barneyrub wrote: »
    What happens with check out for these deals. Looking at couple of the smaller toys but I'll have to pay postage as under €25, can you pay for them and hold to post together or anything?
    They'll only hold for 15 minutes

They'll only hold for 15 minutes
    I know that ya thanks. Just wondering if they charge postage on all items under the deals really?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I know that ya thanks. Just wondering if they charge postage on all items under the deals really?

They do Yeh but if you send customer services an email saying you didn't get a chance to add stuff to get over 25 quid they sometimes refund the postage costs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

If you can time it right and check out with all the deals in one basket its only one postage charge.

You can also sign up for a 30 day Prime trial. Free expedited shipping, just remember to cancel the subscription before the 30 days are up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I just realized, the long, never-ending, scrolling lineup of products reminds me of the Conveyor Belt from the Generation Game.

yJAGQr3.jpg

I hope there is a Cuddly Toy deal soon.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

A trick I used last year was to add something that had a wait time on it, either pre order or out of stock till a certain date.
    Have that in the basket, check out for free delivery, cancel the dummy item.
    Rinse and repeat :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Everything gets a discount or selected stuff? Like the tat nobody wants?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh oh time to read amazon for days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

The SanDisk memory card is a good price, I got one a few months back when they had them as a daily deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,659 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

thierry14 wrote: »
    How do you get it delivered here?

I've ordered stuff off .de before and there was no hassle; just usedy normal Irish address.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Everything gets a discount or selected stuff? Like the tat nobody wants?

Not everything is a good deal

BUT Everything in the lineup does get some form of discount off of the RRP... that does not means it was not on sale at a similar price before on Amazon, or could even be cheaper elsewhere.... or could even be reduced further on Amazon days after this sale ends

Countdown Timers, CountUP Timers, supposed limited quantities, graphs, charts, clocks. There is a lot of physcology going on to make people panic buy things they don't even need.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭bren2001

mik_da_man wrote: »
    A trick I used last year was to add something that had a wait time on it, either pre order or out of stock till a certain date.

Shhhhh, dont tell too many people about it, they will fix it. Works all year round, Ive never paid for postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

amazon.de have the Fire HDX for 99e now if its any good for someone

Anyone know, am I right in thinking that you get asked your country on first startup, ie that it wouldn't be restricted to German and that it's exactly the same as buying one from the UK ? Would be difficult to explain why Santa expects German-speakers only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Only when your order is below a certain limit, Think it is different for different categories but generally all items are free delivery when your order is over £25.

When doing a search for items you can choose the "free super saver delivery" option on the left of the page.
    will56 wrote: »
    If you can time it right and check out with all the deals in one basket its only one postage charge.

You can also sign up for a 30 day Prime trial. Free expedited shipping, just remember to cancel the subscription before the 30 days are up
    If those items are advertised as free delivery there should be no delivery charge from amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Here is a popular item on hukd which isn't released until march 2015:

http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/deadwood-complete-box-set-blu-ray-25-25-pre-order-march-2nd-2015-amazon-2059241

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Been waiting since 8.30am for the rice cooker and they offer it with 66% off. Nice one.

Wc3f65C.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Everytime I tried that it changed the delivery method for the remaining items:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

also remember that the usual amazon price is what they base postage on, not the deal price so you could get free delivery that way. Also have things saved in your basket that you would buy anyways e.g. nappies, shaving foam etc so you can make up the slack.
    Don't forget camelx3 to check if the deal is actually ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

That Crucial MX100 256GB SSD for £59 is a great price. Tempting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Nice, but I'd like a bigger size!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

just got the Roku 3 at 59.99 on a lightning deal...wasn't even looking for it...thought it was a great deal. damn you bargain alerts....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Need to stay away from these deals. Just bought an mx100 256gb,a 128gb Microsd, a and a duracelll charging kit none of which i actually needed.

Damn that countdown and claimed ribbon!!!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

do rice makers make sushi any better than just normal cooking, anybody use one? Nice price!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭manuhalo

I'm waiting for the 24-inch monitor lightning deal, I've been looking for one for months. Might even add the crucial SDD if it's still up by the time the monitor deal comes up. Thanks BA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Can't make heads nor tails of some of the offers being spoken about on this thread.

Must be for techies only!

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭_Puma_

That MX100 is an upgrade to my M500 I paid almost €160 for over a year ago. Works out at 79 EUR with free delivery. Cheers for the heads up, had been keeping an eye on another M500 so this is a nice surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Looking ahead, some nice bits showing up. Xbox 1, home cinema system thing. Wont be able to afford them now, but theyre nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

That Pixar box set could be good if the price lowers nicely. Will keep my eyes open later.

Shame I'm always skint when these deals come around tho!

• Advertisement

Ok I must be doing it wrong, I added a preorder item, then got my deal and checked out for free delivery. Then cancelled the preorder item and got charged postage on the smaller deal item.
    Should I have left the preorder item there for another while?
    Lost out on the deal as it was gone then for me to try again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement