Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul - Jun 19-21, 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Must have been where I was standing so. Same as yourself on the Sunday I could hear myself breathing on the Friday night, a group of people beside me start chanting "hire it up" so I know it wasn't me going insane imaging this :D Yes I way preferred where it was in 2014 too.. The treehaus stage was there this year, but there never seemed to be more than a handful of people at that stage. I wonder why they moved it?

Yeah I don't think it's great use of space either, if you move the popular stage back to the back of the forest it means people pass by more of the 'ignored' stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Must have been where I was standing so. Same as yourself on the Sunday I could hear myself breathing on the Friday night, a group of people beside me start chanting "hire it up" so I know it wasn't me going insane imaging this :D Yes I way preferred where it was in 2014 too.. The treehaus stage was there this year, but there never seemed to be more than a handful of people at that stage. I wonder why they moved it?

Reckless in love was moved as it was a bigger area. Still preferred last years location and having my house to run in and out of. Absolute bar seemed to be the my house of last year for me

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mcbumhole

You sure they weren't chanting "higher it up"? Be strange if they wanted someone to hire the speakers

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Mcbumhole wrote: »
    You sure they weren't chanting "higher it up"? Be strange if they wanted someone to hire the speakers

Maybe they wanted them to hire more speakers, to sort out the volume? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Right hopefully I'll have this blog review up within the next hour or so, its hard work disseminating my brain back to last weekend, its really hard to describe certain sounds and sights, but bare with me. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mulkabu

The bodhrandude review feels part of the yearly tradition at this stage. Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

Nice piece bodhrandude!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Hi would anyone have an idea what dates body & soul 2016 will be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Summer Solstice 2016

• Advertisement

It falls on a Tuesday next year. Just wondering would it usually be the weekend before or after it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

17th-19th i'd imagine.

it's usually the same weekend as Sonar, which is then, and the weekend before Glastonbury, which is 24th-26th next year.

17th-19th i'd imagine.

it's usually the same weekend as Sonar, which is then, and the weekend before Glastonbury, which is 24th-26th next year.

Ah brilliant thanks a mill :)

We must never forget this act Alo Wala and we should push for the Picnic, they absolutely blew me away, was sorry I missed Buraka Som Sistema last year. Described as taking influences from Africa and Portugal and sorta comes under the term of Kuduro music, from Wiki 'producers sampled traditional carnival music like souka and zouk from the Caribbean, and also semba from Angola and laid this round a fast 4/4 beat.' Alo Wala are based in Chicago but use similar sounds to Baraka Som Sistema, a tropical ravy trip hop sound with incredibly fast quaver raps. Anyway just a short snippet of Alo Wala.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

We must never forget this act Alo Wala and we should push for the Picnic, they absolutely blew me away, was sorry I missed Buraka Som Sistema last year. Described as taking influences from Africa and Portugal and sorta comes under the term of Kuduro music, from Wiki 'producers sampled traditional carnival music like souka and zouk from the Caribbean, and also semba from Angola and laid this round a fast 4/4 beat.' Alo Wala are based in Chicago but use similar sounds to Baraka Som Sistema, a tropical ravy trip hop sound with incredibly fast quaver raps. Anyway just a short snippet of Alo Wala.

You are so right Bodhrandude. First heard them on the Body & Soul playlist on Spotify a week or so before the festival, got hooked, and rapidly checked the schedule as to when they were on....even though my expectations for them were huge I was still absolutely blown away by their performance in the Midnight Tent on Saturday...up there with Flaming Lips at Forbidden Fruit last year as one of my favourite ever performances...predict they are going to be very big

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

2016 early birds go on sale at 2 tomorrow...get your internet connections ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

2016 early birds go on sale at 2 tomorrow...get your internet connections ready!

Can you buy in shop too?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sineadbcoyle

JG009 wrote: »
    Can you buy in shop too?

Yes, from their email:
    "Tickets will be available from Ticketmaster - online, in person and over the phone."

Any idea of the capacity this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Any idea of the capacity this year?

I'd say they don't even know for sure themselves, its not going down thats for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Rookie question here regarding bringing kids

Planning on bringing the kids down for one day and heading in without another day - from my reading of the family tickets you won't be given access unless you are entering the area with a kid. Wanted to check though that you can bring kids in on regular entry tickets too if anyone has experience of this in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Got my tickets there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

jesus that was quick, finally got in at 204 and all tier 1 sold out????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

jesus that was quick, finally got in at 204 and all tier 1 sold out????
    Use the TM phone app

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

frantic190 wrote: »
    Got my tickets there :D
    Same here, first time I ever got tier 1

Tier 1 sold out in less than a minute apparently, they are putting Tier 2 on sale now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

somehow managed to buy 2 x tier 2 on the mobile app ... but it looked like it wasn't working .. so i did it again .. now I have 4 tier 2 tickets instead of 2... just spent 500 quid ... disaster

somehow managed to buy 2 x tier 2 on the mobile app ... but it looked like it wasn't working .. so i did it again .. now I have 4 tier 2 tickets instead of 2... just spent 500 quid ... disaster

Shouldn't have any problem off loading them pretty soonish considering Tier 2 is nearly sold out now.

I reckon just put create a thread straight away on toutless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Tier 1 sold out instantly, they sold out very quickly last year too IIRC. I'm going to have to wait and see if Ireland qualify for the euros in France next summer before I decide if I'm buying a ticket or not. Will probably have to pay full whack by then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

frantic190 wrote: »
    Shouldn't have any problem off loading them pretty soonish considering Tier 2 is nearly sold out now.

I reckon just put create a thread straight away on toutless.

amazingly I have already offloaded them ...

I am hearing here that Tier 2 is now sold out

Advertisement