Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul - Jun 19-21, 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dadoffay

I was pretty calm. Now that the stage times are published, it's getting more real and I am getting really excited. Does anybody know if the total ticket volume has been increased compared with last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

dadoffay wrote: »
    I was pretty calm. Now that the stage times are published, it's getting more real and I am getting really excited. Does anybody know if the total ticket volume has been increased compared with last year?

10,000 according to the article about the family who live in the castle (The Journal.ie on Sunday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

HausOfTony wrote: »
    10,000 according to the article about the family who live in the castle (The Journal.ie on Sunday)

What???? That's a massive amount!

What???? That's a massive amount!

Oops, I meant the total capacity is 10,000 (says that article) not that it's been increased by 10,000. My bad. What was it last year, 8000?

HausOfTony wrote: »
    Oops, I meant the total capacity is 10,000 (says that article) not that it's been increased by 10,000. My bad. What was it last year, 8000?

Ha ha, I was thinking ten thousand was a bit much to be adding into it.

Phew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Forecast still changing on the daily but don't think it's going to be that amazing, which is a shame after the scorcher we just had! Heard the weather added immensely to the great atmosphere last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭RINO87

Must head out to buy the slab of beer this week, anyone spotted any decent offers?

Super Valu are doing 8 cans of guinness for a tenner. Now cans of guinness are normally stink, but they have become my go-to festival beer. A semi warm can of stout is a hell of alot more drinkable than a semi warm can of lager!!

Lidl have some stinky scotch for around 14 quid. Flavour country but shur it gets the job done after a few beers.

Nothing like easing yourself into saturday and sunday after the excesses of the night before with a nice sup of the black stuff!! Any word on what the bars are selling?? Hopefully its not just cider and becks again.

Just saw that 8 for 10 deal aslo applies to carlsberg, bud and bud light if you are that way inclined. Pick em up tomorrow tho, offer ends WEDNESDAY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭ Beckett Fat Sociopath

Best time to arrive to avoid queues??

Also must see dance acts - talk me. Havent had a chance to go through them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

RINO87 wrote: »
    Super Valu are doing 8 cans of guinness for a tenner. Now cans of guinness are normally stink, but they have become my go-to festival beer. A semi warm can of stout is a hell of alot more drinkable than a semi warm can of lager!!

Lidl have some stinky scotch for around 14 quid. Flavour country but shur it gets the job done after a few beers.

Nothing like easing yourself into saturday and sunday after the excesses of the night before with a nice sup of the black stuff!! Any word on what the bars are selling?? Hopefully its not just cider and becks again.

Just saw that 8 for 10 deal aslo applies to carlsberg, bud and bud light if you are that way inclined. Pick em up tomorrow tho, offer ends WEDNESDAY!!

Thank you!! Shall get the booze run completed tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

I was almost in similar scenario, kids bailling on me. I emailed B&S at info@bodyandsoul.ie and they were able to sort me out. Replied very quickly and helpfully to the query.

Peter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

Weather not looking too hot unfortunately-

http://www.thejournal.ie/weather/?l=EIMU

• Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Excitement has increased considerably now that the stage times are out. The campsite looks a little bit different to last year, has anyone got any tips on where the best place to camp is? Last year I luckily got to camp in with the traders/vendors so I didn't have to venture into the general campsite at all really. Agree that it looks as if they have moved the Reckless in Love stage, I hope they haven't scaled it back or anything because it was brilliant at night last year.. I'd say the Absolut Bar could be the new go to nighttime spot judging by the DJ's playing down there.

Fingers crossed about the weather, would be nice to get a weekend similar to last year but I'd definitely settle for it to stay dry and not to get too cold!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Weather not looking too hot unfortunately-

http://www.thejournal.ie/weather/?l=EIMU

Fine for me! as long as it doesn't rain, 2MM due on Friday, nothing else forecasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 alant7

Best way to get there from Galway.. bus to Dublin then festival bus I suppose???

alant7 wrote: »
    Best way to get there from Galway.. bus to Dublin then festival bus I suppose???

https://www.facebook.com/events/838338599536120/

Anyone remember if they use metal clasp on the wrist bands? Or are they plastic clasps like forbidden fruit?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Too many overlaps... Last year I think they organised the different genres well so they wouldn't overlap. Sunday is the worst for it... Tiga and Leftifled on at the exact same time. :(

Anyone remember if they use metal clasp on the wrist bands? Or are they plastic clasps like forbidden fruit?

I think they were the ribbon with the metal clasp thing last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭AppleD

I know they say 24 cans and 2 bottles of wine OR 1 bottle of spirits and 2 bottles of wine.
    Would I be allowed to bring in a smaller amount of each? Or how strict are they about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

AppleD wrote: »
    I know they say 24 cans and 2 bottles of wine OR 1 bottle of spirits and 2 bottles of wine.
    Would I be allowed to bring in a smaller amount of each? Or how strict are they about it?

They seem to be the max limits, so anything smaller should be fine?

Or do you mean bringing something like 12 cans, 1 bottle of wine and a bottle of spirits? That is something that I myself wonder is allowed. Or what if someone wants 24 cans and 1 bottle of spirits?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭AppleD

They seem to be the max limits, so anything smaller should be fine?

Or do you mean bringing something like 12 cans, 1 bottle of wine and a bottle of spirits? That is something that I myself wonder is allowed. Or what if someone wants 24 cans and 1 bottle of spirits?

Ya thats what I mean- Like ideally I would like some spirits some wine and about 12 cans.. Not the full allocation of each..

I can't wait at this stage.. 3 DAYS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Anyone know of any lifts/buses passing through Mullingar on Sunday?

Was supposed to camp but someone pulled out so going on my own for the Sunday. Could prob find a way out there but struggling getting back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I think they were the ribbon with the metal clasp thing last year.

Yeah it was metal clasps last year. I know a group of lads who made fake wristbands last year and got in, they're attempting it again this year.. Wonder how they will get on.
    Best time to arrive to avoid queues??

Also must see dance acts - talk me. Havent had a chance to go through them all.

Done a write up on my top acts to see for the weekend here, mainly dance acts and/or DJs. Tiga will be very good too he's doing a live show. There actually is a lot of clashes this year, particularly on the Saturday night for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭frebel

Yeah it was metal clasps last year. I know a group of lads who made fake wristbands last year and got in, they're attempting it again this year.. Wonder how they will get on.

Done a write up on my top acts to see for the weekend here, mainly dance acts and/or DJs. Tiga will be very good too he's doing a live show. There actually is a lot of clashes this year, particularly on the Saturday night for me anyway.

Great write up... most of it seems right up my street... think we've had enough 'how much drink can i get in' and 'can I chance my way in' posts...lots of music to look forward to instead

Leftfield or Tiga, that's the big question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Unofficial Timetable & Map App for Android:
    App has timetables, itinerary and reminders and uses the clashfinder at http://clashfinder.com/s/bands2015, which is being updated and should be final tonight. You can reload this from the Tools section. The map is a bit experimental and may not work well on some devices. Once Friday rolls around if you click on a stage on the map it will show a Now/Next.

Android App is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.bands2015

Unofficial Timetable App for iPhone:
    Has timetables, itinerary and reminders. No Map. Also there is a small bug in the Artist section. No autoupdate of timetables, so you need to reload in the tools section. The timetable is a few hours behind the clashfinder.

iPhone App is here: https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/body-soul-2015/id1001930605?mt=8

Unofficial Timetable & Map App for Android:
    App has timetables, itinerary and reminders and uses the clashfinder at http://clashfinder.com/s/bands2015, which is being updated and should be final tonight. You can reload this from the Tools section. The map is a bit experimental and may not work well on some devices. Once Friday rolls around if you click on a stage on the map it will show a Now/Next.

Android App is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.bands2015

Unofficial Timetable App for iPhone:
    Has timetables, itinerary and reminders. No Map. Also there is a small bug in the Artist section. No autoupdate of timetables, so you need to reload in the tools section. The timetable is a few hours behind the clashfinder.

iPhone App is here: https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/body-soul-2015/id1001930605?mt=8

Well... even tho we were giving out about using phones and apps and stuff at festivals I have to say this looks ace! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

.ak wrote: »
    Well... even tho we were giving out about using phones and apps and stuff at festivals I have to say this looks ace! :D

I am off to Mogwai in cork tonight so I put in a late night last night to get this finished.

Portable chargers are not expensive so no problem with charging really. The only fear I have is losing the damn thing. I am amazed that I have never lost a phone at a festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Going to Mogwai tomorrow night so have to get my kit together tonight. Am now at Amber Alert levels of giddiness waiting for Friday!!

Am not going to over plan for sets as there is so much to see but the base plan is:

Friday
    King Kong Company
    Dan Deacon (he was amazing at Primavera, already practising my moves for the Dan Deacon Dance Off)
    Taloboman
    Hidden Agenda to dance the night out

Saturday (is clash hell)
    Mmoths
    Goat/Sohn
    SFA
    Daithi/**** Robot
    Flight Facilities
    The Eskies (cos my mate goes out with one of them, gotta show my face)
    Mother DJs

And will try to fit in some of "Stop Making Sense" at the Lighthouse screen

Sunday
    Kiasmos
    Nightmares on Wax
    Leftfield/Tiga

Then just general roaming around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭Rfrip

.ak wrote: »
    Leftfield or Tiga, that's the big question.

Decision for many I feel...at that stage of the night God knows what il be like so I hope I make a logical decision

So in reality il prob end up seeing neither!!

Advertisement