Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul - Jun 19-21, 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

useded wrote: »
    Try for 630, the buses always leave a bit later than planned

Thats my plan, I might get out there for 6:30!

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

Last minute shoppers looking for a beer boost can get 8 cans of Guinness for a tenner in Tesco. As most will tell you, a warm can of stout is favourable to a warm can of lager!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

More importantly, you can actually experience more of the festival at your leisure. Less of this "lets get tanked-up in the campsite first" kinda thing.
    And there's no pat down from security hoors every time you enter, so more relaxed vibe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭RomanKnows

The queues into the car parks are horrific.

RomanKnows wrote: »

Always are. Still in work here :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

RomanKnows wrote: »

Sitting here for the last 15 mins going nowhere fast. Still a bit away from the parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ridiculous queues...just joined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭RomanKnows

Rfrip wrote: »
    Ridiculous queues...just joined.

Wait until you see the queues to get in. As farcical as I've ever witnessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

Still in traffic queues, this is mental.
    Worse than I've seen at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Hey guys anyone got a girls name for the eco campsite ? All here and set up but just need one extra name for a friend who made it down on her own, she's in that terrible queue as I type

Really appreciate it if anyone can help! Have an awesome festival 8)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

will queues be bad in the morning? any certain times better than others to get there from experience? planning around midday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Amazing festival and I had a fantastic time! They need to sort out the queues going in on the Friday though - it was absolutely ridiculous and could have been avoided by better planning and opening the site earlier than 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

about time ye surfaced - i was beginning to think ye were enjoying yourselves more than i expected...

There's not much they can do about the queues with the current site. There is only one road in.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

What a ridiculously good weekend. Personal highlights were Alo Wala in the Midnight Circus on Saturday, the Mother DJs and Vinyl Love in the Forest, and King Kong Company on Friday night. Unbelievably it not only lived up to but exceeded the hype. Will definitely be returning next year, just wish it could be on again tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭kwat

Absolutely brilliant weekend. Think it will be a permanent move from EP to Body&Soul from now on! Such a nicer vibe and site much easier to get around.
    Stayed in the Boutique campsite - excellent location right beside the main arena entrance.

Chai Wallahs tent after Leftfield last night was just class - such a great end to the weekend.

Agree about the queues getting in on Friday. I think they had about 10 people putting on wristbands. No queue management - people skipping everywhere. Queued for 1hr 45mins to get in after parking the car at 3pm. Only downside to a great weekend.

Now, to recover...

Bare with me....Just to get the negatives out of the way....getting in was insane, was it two people putting on wristbands...they also need to stop increasing capacity. It was very noticeable this year, everywhere was constantly busy. They need to have more bars too...
    Boutique camped this year, woman's toilets were a disgrace. It's the women in them that should be ashamed of themselves with the sights I saw over the weekend. Just cannot understand it

That's my negativity done with as it was an amazing weekend.

Saturday was prob my favourite day ever at a festival. Straight to mother djs in the woods at midday. They even handed out sausage baps...I mean what more can you ask for. Aisgeir, sohn, mmoths, flight facilities and then back to mother in the woods. Just an unbelievable day. Literally danced for 14 hours and honest to god i never felt so happy!!!!
    Shook now Sunday, danced to mother again in the absolute bar all afternoon. They are just so much Fun. Left field were a disappointment. They were just too heavy for me I think. Went to get down edits in the absolute bar and finished again in the woods to taste djs.
    Still on a high and hoping the fear doesn't set in...

Highlights...flight facilities, mother and sohn. Also loved the absolute bar, much better spot than eps Bacardi bar and really sound staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Amazing weekend. Such a great festival, perfect crowd and perfect size and great music playing everywhere. We got pretty good weather all weekend, most of my group were going home extremely sunburnt this morning! Ended up missing nearly all of the acts I intended on going to see but so much of the fun there is made up by wandering around from stage to stage. Highlights for me were Flight Facilities, Tiga, Get Down Edits and Mother DJs.. Dan Deacon put on a brilliant performance but I wasn't as into the music, it was unbelievable when he split the crowd in half for a 'wall of life', everyone ran at each other and had to start high fiving!

Only two negatives I can think of were 1) the queues on Friday, between the traffic getting in and the length of the actual queue it must have taken me over two and a half hours to get in, was wondering why they don't open the campsite earlier as surely that would ease the queues a bit. 2) the sound at the Reckless in Love stage was woeful. Went down Friday night expecting similar craic to last year but I could barely hear the music despite being in the middle of the crowd. I presume they must have lowered it down after a certain time because it seemed louder during the day, but don't remember this happening last year. Don't understand why they moved it from where it was last year either, the Treehaus stage was cool but was generally fairly empty and the RIL stage was perfect where it was last year.

Really enjoyed the Absolut bar and the Chai Wallahs tent, good additions! We camped down the very very end of the campsite, almost behind the Chai Wallahs tent, was a serious trek down there on the Friday with all of your bags but the campsite seemed a bit quieter than the main chunk of the campsite. Will be the first thing I'll buy a ticket for next summer, what a weekend.

Rfrip wrote: »
    Bare with me....Just to get the negatives out of the way....getting in was insane, was it two people putting on wristbands...they also need to stop increasing capacity. It was very noticeable this year, everywhere was constantly busy. They need to have more bars too...
    Boutique camped this year, woman's toilets were a disgrace. It's the women in them that should be ashamed of themselves with the sights I saw over the weekend. Just cannot understand it

That's my negativity done with as it was an amazing weekend.

Saturday was prob my favourite day ever at a festival. Straight to mother djs in the woods at midday. They even handed out sausage baps...I mean what more can you ask for. Aisgeir, sohn, mmoths, flight facilities and then back to mother in the woods. Just an unbelievable day. Literally danced for 14 hours and honest to god i never felt so happy!!!!
    Shook now Sunday, danced to mother again in the absolute bar all afternoon. They are just so much Fun. Left field were a disappointment. They were just too heavy for me I think. Went to get down edits in the absolute bar and finished again in the woods to taste djs.
    Still on a high and hoping the fear doesn't set in...

Highlights...flight facilities, mother and sohn. Also loved the absolute bar, much better spot than eps Bacardi bar and really sound staff.

Absolut Art Bar was definitely the spot yesterday; a lot more at it because of the day trippers and the fact that people's drink allocation was well depleted at that stage, they ran out of everything but two drinks at around six!

The queues on the way in were an absolute disgrace, eventually they were pretty much waving people through without security checks just to get the queue going. Also the fact that there was only one ATM on site was a real pain, people were waiting an hour or so to get funds like. Still, gives them something to improve on next year! Kevin McGahern summed it up nicely...

https://twitter.com/kevinmcgahern

I spent feck all time at the Main Stage too; any chance I got was straight into the forest to pull some mad dance moves. Anyone who witnessed the impromptu wheelie bin jam that came at the end of yesterday's Mother DJs set will remember it for a long time!

Apparently they moved reckless in love as it was a bigger area. Much preferred it last year alright and having my house to run in and out of. Never went near the new my house all wkend actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'm absolutely broken... But what a weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dadoffay

Deacon, SOHN and Kiasmos were highlights, Clark interesting, mother DJs high quality, Glasshouse/ Happy Pear perfect Sunday chills. To end the Sunday, the last hour in the new tent ( memory loss unexplainable) was banging out tunes. Liked comedy tent, especially Barry Murphy ( proud I made his 2pm slot). The vibe in most places was excellent.

Less great: Queue jumpers Fri, Queue itself at 4:30, Queues ATM, queues to get into woods at night. I am not patient you see. Very friendly staff, making jokes and contributing to the nice vibe.

My tent, 100 yards from front entrance on the left, got robbed Sun nite and all contents not stolen were thrown away outside in the rainy grass, which I could have done without. There were more pushy people around than last year, asking for spare cans. Free flow policy is great and right - but attracts more undesirables who would previously not made it to B&S.

If they limit it to 9000 next year, add proper queue management, fix Reckless Sound and My House location, it will be perfect like 2014 again.

dadoffay wrote: »

My tent, 100 yards from front entrance on the left, got robbed Sun nite and all contents not stolen were thrown away outside in the rainy grass, which I could have done without. There were more pushy people around than last year, asking for spare cans. Free flow policy is great and right - but attracts more undesirables who would previously not made it to B&S.

Heard about seven or eight seperate people around our tent getting robbed of money, cameras, other personal items. I know people have to take personal responsibility themselves but it's disappointing that some scaldy types would ruin people's festival by going on the rob. I suppose the fact that people weren't hanging around the campsite made it more susceptible to being robbed. The daytrippers around yesterday seemed to be more sessionheads than your typical Body and Soul fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there were plenty of robberies in 2013 when people were hanging around the campsite for half the day too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

much scumbags or d4 crowd at it

• Registered Users Posts: 44 elpistolero

Tent got robbed Sunday at some stage i was away from it from 4pm until 4am. My bag was stolen with my car keys in it. Car was still there thank god but had to get it towed out of there, pain in the ass on a Monday morning

Apart from that really enjoyed that festival. Didn't think it was possible to enjoy a festival so much where I didn't have too much interest in seeing any of the acts. Loved that jam session with the wheelie bins on Sunday night in the woods!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah there were a lot of negatives this year but I still had an amazing weekend. The main negative was ofcourse I think they over sold it. The place just isn't built for that amount of people. To get to A to B you just shuffled along with the crowd, took 20 min to get somewhere that would usually take 5min and it never really felt safe, especially in the woods. Twice I got 'locked out' of an area where my mates were because there was too many people in it.

According to a friend who was running one of the areas the unofficial attendence was close enough to 15k (including Sunday tickets, staff, performers, guest list, press, comps etc). Considering it was around 9k last year that obviously made a massive difference.

I also don't think there was enough security for that amount of people. Whilst the majority of the crowd where in good spirits there were a few fence jumpers getting in and they were very rough. We had a few incidents in the boutique camp as well with guys breaking in and raiding tents. I locked mine and luckily it was in a spot were they would've been exposed. Also the boutique in general wasn't as good as last year, toilet situation was poor, didn't feel secluded, and no large communal area like in 2014.

Thought the area for reckless last year was better too, and was it just me or was the sound awful on Sunday?

But even considering all of that the weekend was amazing. The music, the people, the staff, the food... Really anjoyed the Absolute Bar, it was clever having it exposed as it never felt too rammed and it was nice to sit on the grass during the day and chill out with a few cocktails. Music wise I think Kiasmos stole the show for me, GOAT were amazing (and perfect for B&S), Austra and Lifefield were also brilliant. Flight Facilities was a good bit of fun! Also enjoyed Lamb

So yeah, I think the best thing would be if they reduced the numbers.. but they're probably not going to do that. Why would they if they're still making money? More than likely it'll just turn into another Electric Picnic.

If it's becoming too expensive too run they should just reduce the amount of acts. I thought it was too hard to catch them all anyway, seemed to be way more on this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Without a doubt my best festival weekend ever. It was my first Body and Soul and I will definitely return the next time if I can.

I think my only negative was the queues on the way in. I've been in worse festival queues in the past but definitely thought this one could've been handled better considering the festivals smaller size. It took a good hour and a half or so to get out of the car park yesterday morning too. I noticed a good increase in rough looking heads on the Sunday but I didn't have any run ins with anyone.

Everything else though...glorious. Saturday was probably one of the best days I've ever had. Meditation at the main stage followed by Meltybrains followed by boogeying in the woods with Mother for a while and then a nice big long trip wandering through all the walled gardens areas and ending up back on the hill beside the main stage for Asgeir and Austra, the sun absolutely blaring the whole time. All topped off with a great night time set from Flight Facilities.

I just loved the fact that if you weren't really sure what to do you could just take a walk in any random direction and find some cool little stage or installation that you could just chill at in bliss.

Other highlights include Foils, Arms and Hog at the Comedy tent (who were absolutely brilliant!), Tiga, Hidden Agenda DJs on Friday night, that amazing acrobatic performance at the Absolut stage on Sunday and of course last but not least, that little washing machine in the woods that had a strobe light and tunes coming out of it!

Sitting here in work being an absolute zombie with sun burn all over but most definitely worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Second time at this festival and without doubt the best weekend I've ever had at a festival. It had everything, the right music, the people, the sun and a great mood in the place. Such friendly people all having a great time. So depressed today after it, but well worth it.

My highlight was kiasmos, they blew my mind. Bent and burnt were possibly the two best tunes I've ever danced to, the intensity andbuild up. Loved tiga and james holden and king kong company were great to.absoulute bar on sunday as great fun. All in all a fantastic weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭fits

I am a long time festival goer now and know that there is no such thing as a perfect festival. But Body and Soul comes pretty darn close. We stayed in the Us&You campsite which made the weekend so much better. I really hate messy festival campsites. Yeah the queues on Friday werent great but I got over it. The one thing that did upset me was the Reckless in Love Stage being so quiet on Saturday night and then finishing early. I would have been happy to go on a while longer.

Loved: The campsite, the Happy pear salads, the glasshouse cocktails, flight facilities, nice people, generosity, the decoration all around the site.
    Not so keen on: the early finish saturday night, the queues on Friday, the rough element that came in on Sunday (mates car had window smashed and was robbed)

Advertisement