Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IW/Anything Water Related-Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Any time a FG/FF supporter posts a smart ass comment on this thread they are hit with a 'factual' zinger it goes to shower how filthy and corrupt our system is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Pocoyo wrote: »
    Any time a FG/FF supporter posts a smart ass comment on this thread they are hit with a 'factual' zinger it goes to shower how filthy and corrupt our system is.

The majority of posts contain little facts and bucketloads of opinion, conjecture, and exagerations.

I think most agree IW has been a disaster, but that doesnt mean everything the present government has done has been awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Stargate wrote: »

I dont know if you already heard but I think ( open to correction) she has been appointed by the Govt as head of a new policing body. Maybe I am a bit late to the party.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1113/659188-feehily-policing/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I dont know if you already heard but I think ( open to correction) she has been appointed by the Govt as head of a new policing body. Maybe I am a bit late to the party.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1113/659188-feehily-policing/

Plenty of impartiality there so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Plenty of impartiality there so.

Jobs for the boys or girls as the saying goes.
    Didn't she do the dirty work for FG on the Property Tax.

Jobs for the boys or girls as the saying goes.
    Didn't she do the dirty work for FG on the Property Tax.

She did.

I'm sure she's not doing this new role for free either..... On top of her 103k pension.... And the country broke.....

I personally dont think the chair of the policing authority should be a Govt appointed job, it kind of leaves it open to interference accusations tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Oh yeah!! Like Bertie-No-Bank-Account for instance..

So you think Bertie should have been prosecuted for financial crimes but Paul Murphy should be spared from charges which could include assault, false imprisonment and riot? Yeah, that's perfectly logical. Not hypocritical at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Pocoyo wrote: »

Red Pepper's post wasn't a "factual zinger" it was whataboutery, pointless whataboutery at that as I don't see where Little CuChulainn condoned Aherne's behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

So you think Bertie should have been prosecuted for financial crimes but Paul Murphy should be spared from charges which could include assault, false imprisonment and riot? Yeah, that's perfectly logical. Not hypocritical at all.

Ha Ha, nice try Cuckoo! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

But there was no assault, false imprisonment or riot. I was there. If you have proof otherwise, by all means bring it to the Gardai, they would love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

But there was no assault, false imprisonment or riot. I was there. If you have proof otherwise, by all means bring it to the Gardai, they would love it.

In this country, according to the pro water tax lads, a bit of shoving and pushing is a riot.
    Perhaps they should look at the news tonight and at the town of Ferguson, Missouri, to see what a riot is.

In this country, according to the pro water tax lads, a bit of shoving and pushing is a riot.
    Perhaps they should look at the news tonight and at the town of Ferguson, Missouri, to see what a riot is.

It's just taken as "fact" now that there was a riot. There wasn't.
    My mother was warning me about December 10th, to stay away because of the violence, I told her there wont be any violence. Then she told me all about the big riot in Jobstown, IRA men giving orders to the crowd, whipping them up into a frenzy, I told her I was there and It's utter nonsense but she thinks I'm nuts, because she heard it on the radio it's 100% accurate to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

It's just taken as "fact" now that there was a riot. There wasn't.
    My mother was warning me about December 10th, to stay away because of the violence, I told her there wont be any violence. Then she told me all about the big riot in Jobstown, IRA men giving orders to the crowd, whipping them up into a frenzy, I told her I was there and It's utter nonsense but she thinks I'm nuts, because she heard it on the radio it's 100% accurate to her.

Yep.
    My 84 year old mother is the same.
    She's not paying the water tax, mind you!

There was that and more. It's all on youtube, posted by the idiots that were there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

There was that and more. It's all on youtube, posted by the idiots that were there.
    Lies.

There was no riot.

And I see you describe people who were there as "idiots", there was a lot of people there, do you think they are all idiots? Do you think I am an idiot?

falan wrote: »
    Lies.

Just like the photoshopped brick thrower? Oh wait, that was real too. Sure we'll just have to wait and see what charges are brought.

There was no riot.

And I see you describe people who were there as "idiots", there was a lot of people there, do you think they are all idiots? Do you think I am an idiot?

There was a riot according to its definition under the law. The idiots are the ones who uploaded and shared footage of themselves committing crimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

There was a riot according to its definition under the law. The idiots are the ones who uploaded and shared footage of themselves committing crimes.
    One idiot threw a brick. They do not represent the people. Someone else threw a water balloon. Not exactly a riot is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

That's the one ok.
    Do you reckon she's one of his many Garda 'sources'?....

I doubt that she is.. but it'll be interesting to see how many leaks (to the likes of Williams) there are now that she's in charge.

More or less, I wonder...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Ha Ha, nice try Cuckoo! :D

This is typical of some of the posts from the anti-brigade. Trying to insult a poster by using what you think is a very clever variation on their name. It's right up there with Moan Burton or Edna Kenny. I have yet to see a pro charge poster try to insult a fellow poster similarly.

Yeah, there was. Joan Burton's private sec was assaulted. And the Tainaiste of our country was practically imprisoned. I have been involved in protests on different issues in the past and what happened in Jobstown crossed a line. If I was involved in this protest I would be distancing myself completely from what happened there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Such hyperbole from the FG/Lab shower or whingers. A water baloon was thrown and a rogue brick by some scumbag. The way you lads are going on what happened in Tallaght is as bad as what is going on in Ferguson. Get a grip ffs.

Such hyperbole from the FG/Lab shower or whingers. A water baloon was thrown and a rogue brick by some scumbag. The way you lads are going on what happened in Tallaght is as bad as what is going on in Ferguson. Get a grip ffs.

Her car was blocked from moving and was surrounded. She was trapped inside for two hours against her will. She and her staff were assaulted and so were the Gardai around her car. The crowd even took the opportunity to steal from the Gardai too. She was spit at and abused too. The list of offences committed is long and not indicative of anything peaceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,614 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trust me. I know what a lot of people are like in that particular area. It does not surprise me that Joan Burton found herself in that situation. To put it plainly there are a lot of scumbags in that area that need no excuse for behaviour like that. Unfortunately for that community they make up the majority (sad fact that they still deny). And if anyone wants to challenge that assertion then go there and see for yourself. The parents, often living off the state, never gave a sh!t about their sprogs. And they still don't. Because these problems are generational it is worse than it has ever been.

No doubt the usual defenders of the realm will be on now to say how pretty the place is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Just like the photoshopped brick thrower? Oh wait, that was real too. Sure we'll just have to wait and see what charges are brought.
    That had nothing to do with the protesters, that happened after. The police went to arrest someone on warrant, then his buddy thew a brick.

deco nate wrote: »
    That had nothing to do with the protesters, that happened after. The police went to arrest someone on warrant, then his buddy thew a brick.

I didn't say it was related. I'm using it as an example of outright denial of events by protesters. Rather than just claim it wasn't related, they went with the photoshop claim. When that didn't work they fabricated evidence to show it as an agent provocateur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I didn't say it was related. I'm using it as an example of outright denial of events by protesters. Rather than just claim it wasn't related, they went with the photoshop claim. When that didn't work they fabricated evidence to show it as an agent provocateur.
    At the time it WAS reported by
    Some media outlets as part of the protests, mainly the ones owned by a certain person.

Swings and roundabouts

deco nate wrote: »

Yeah two hours after Joan Burton left The area, in an incident that had no connection to the protest.

Personally, I reckon the stolen baton and pepper spray story is a load of balls too. Haven't seen much of anything official from the Gardai on these alleged incidents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

I didn't say it was related. I'm using it as an example of outright denial of events by protesters.

I heard that a car heater attacked a Garda there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement