Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is England '90 in 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,569 ✭✭✭✭briany

lolo62 wrote: »
    I didn't think the dinner scene was as great as everyone else here seems to. I'm not sure why but I found myself getting irritated like the actors were being self indulgent or something, well Woody and Lol anyway. I'm a weeper usually buy just found myself wishing the scene would end. The milky stuff was good but Woody and Lol did my head in.. In that scene anyway, and I usually love those two.
    Maybe it was just the idea of sitting the fam down to Sunday dinner to tell them you murdered their rapist father felt a bit too far fetched.

Well, they say you take bad news better on a full stomach...

But really I don't think there is any good place or time to drop that bombshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Well jo hartley confirmed on twitter the "do your homework shaun, you're scottish" line...."just came out" ha

i knew that was improv!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭PIORUN

griffin100 wrote: »
    I'm assuming Milky has lined up his mum or similar to run away with the kid?
    there was rumors of a surprise guest next week. Jack O'Connell was mentioned, as he was in the movie. Possibly that's who Milky could have been talking to !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Hitchens

It looks like Milky is planning to have Combo killed or beaten up by the sound of that phone call

at the end of the phone call didn't he say "I love you too" ? He'd hardly say that to a hitperson?

No, I'd say he's going to 'ave a go 'imself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

Hitchens wrote: »
    at the end of the phone call didn't he say "I love you too" ? He'd hardly say that to a hitperson?

No, I'd say he's going to 'ave a go 'imself :)

Depends on your perspective really. To me, it sounded though something was going to happen that night but that Milky didn't want 'it' done then. Whatever 'it' is, it doesn't sound like Milky really has any control over it because whomever he was speaking to seemed eager to get it done and Milky seemed to be struggling to stay in control of whatever is going on. He also made reference to his daughter being out of the house and safe with him. I think they're going to go after Combo in the house, which would also explain why he wanted his daughter out of the house.

Obviously he wouldn't want his child in a house with a racist but I think there's more to it than that. It'd be interesting if Woody or Lol got killed by accident if there was an attack on the house, after all, it's not like Combo is likely to be out and about much. All the happy family and engagement business makes me feel like Woody's gonna get killed. It'd be ironic if Combo saved Lol, only for Woody to die because she's trying to save Combo.

• Advertisement

yeah think someone is going to die in the crossfire

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Depends on your perspective really. To me, it sounded though something was going to happen that night but that Milky didn't want 'it' done then. Whatever 'it' is, it doesn't sound like Milky really has any control over it because whomever he was speaking to seemed eager to get it done and Milky seemed to be struggling to stay in control of whatever is going on. He also made reference to his daughter being out of the house and safe with him. I think they're going to go after Combo in the house, which would also explain why he wanted his daughter out of the house.

Obviously he wouldn't want his child in a house with a racist but I think there's more to it than that. It'd be interesting if Woody or Lol got killed by accident if there was an attack on the house, after all, it's not like Combo is likely to be out and about much. All the happy family and engagement business makes me feel like Woody's gonna get killed. It'd be ironic if Combo saved Lol, only for Woody to die because she's trying to save Combo.
    All possible of course, but Milky shadow boxing makes it look to me like he's going to try and rough Combo up himself, although I think Milky is too nice a person to go through with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

That scene at the dinner table was brilliant.The best I've seen in a good while.I was nearly welling up and I'm a tough bastid you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,907 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Does anyone know the song that ended episode 3 was?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Can't remember what the song at end was but pretty sure I heard some Clint Mansell at some stage

Was it an instrumental piano version of famous song or something..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

If you watch it on sky with subtitles, it will tell you the songs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,907 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Can't remember what the song at end was but pretty sure I heard some Clint Mansell at some stage

Was it an instrumental piano version of famous song or something..

It sounds like Stephen Fretwell to me, but not a song I know.

I googled the lyrics i could remember and best result was a script of the episode.

Will try the subtitles trick later and see if it says anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Evangelist - Whirlwind of Rubbish

K.C wrote: »
    Evangelist - Whirlwind of Rubbish

That's the wonderful Gavin Clarke, Shane Meadows did a documentary about him it's on YouTube either Noisy or Vice. He's dead now :(

That's the wonderful Gavin Clarke, Shane Meadows did a documentary about him it's on YouTube either Noisy or Vice. He's dead now :(
    yeah it's called the living room, i watched a bit of it the other night, i'll have to watch it properly. From what i saw it's heartbreaking.

yeah it's called the living room, i watched a bit of it the other night, i'll have to watch it properly. From what i saw it's heartbreaking.

It is, he was such a delicate soul

Just checked him out on Spotify, what a voice. Will watch that Documentary later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I just watched the finale trailer there and they said that it'll be feature length. Great news!

It has been fun to watch so far but not as meaty as the '86 series. I'm not hear to be a moaning michael but I was disappointed with '88 and although entertaining so far, this '90 series has fallen a bit flat for me. I'm expecting a lot from the finale though, they've certainly set it up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I just watched the finale trailer there and they said that it'll be feature length. Great news!

It has been fun to watch so far but not as meaty as the '86 series. I'm not hear to be a moaning michael but I was disappointed with '88 and although entertaining so far, this '90 series has fallen a bit flat for me. I'm expecting a lot from the finale though, they've certainly set it up well.

Link to the trailer?

I seen one, but it was only clips of the 1st 3 epsiodes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

That third episode contained some of the tensest TV I've ever seen.

By the way, does anyone know why Shaun was invited around for the big revelation? I've seen the movie and all the previous seasons but I'm still not sure what he was doing there. I seem to remember him having a relationship with Combo at one stage, but is that it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I'm think someone previously mentioned that the episodes are repeated in Wednesdays. Is this correct does anyone know?
    I've checked TV guide and I don't see it listed . I don't have Sky do can't check that way.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

By the way, does anyone know why Shaun was invited around for the big revelation? I've seen the movie and all the previous seasons but I'm still not sure what he was doing there. I seem to remember him having a relationship with Combo at one stage, but is that it?

Probably because he saw Combo beat up Milky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Lisha wrote: »
    I'm think someone previously mentioned that the episodes are repeated in Wednesdays. Is this correct does anyone know?
    I've checked TV guide and I don't see it listed . I don't have Sky do can't check that way.
    Thanks

It's not coming up on the Sky search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Apologies, "promo" would have been a better term to use. It doesn't show any footage from the upcoming episode but it does say that the episode is feature length. It's on Channel Four's Youtube channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭cozar

Can't find a documentary called the living room on anything would it have been called something else or where could I view it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

cozar wrote: »
    Can't find a documentary called the living room on anything would it have been called something else or where could I view it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm really confused about which bird happened in which series. How is Milky and Lol's kid so big already?

Just watched this Living Room documentary. Sad how anxiety and depression can take a grip on people. Beautiful music, what a talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭griffin100

Thinking about unpredictable endings........has Combo actually changed? Will he revert to the racist skinhead before the end with tragic consequences?

I think this is the first time I've ever been properly excited and anxious about a TV programme. Counting down the hours till Sunday. My wife reckons it will be dark and tragic and doesn't want to watch it, she wants me to watch it and tell her what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,569 ✭✭✭✭briany

I'm more wondering why Gadget (and maybe Harvey) weren't invited. As it stands now, they're getting Kelly's side of the story more than anything. At least if they were at the dinner, there'd be more opportunity to make their mind up about the whole affair.

I also do think that Combo has genuinely changed. Unfeeling sociopaths don't take the rap for murders they didn't commit, unless they're in a gang or something.

Advertisement