Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I'm sick of that "eat sleep rave repeat" crap already, not one of Norman Cook's finer efforts!

Sooner the prelims are over so we don't have to listen to it anymore the better lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Good opening day.

Reyes did great and I'm not a Newton fan so that made it sweeter.

Part really should retire with some dignity and I say that as someone who likes him a lot, sad to see a 3 time World Champ playing at that level.

MVG was very patchy and could have easily gone out.
    He will not go back to back, I'm ruling him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

no chance of newton in prem league now thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

All aboard the hype train, sky really would make you sick looking at their coverage. BDO might be lower standard but id watch their coverage any day over some of sky's tosh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

case885 wrote: »
    All aboard the hype train, sky really would make you sick looking at their coverage. BDO might be lower standard but id watch their coverage any day over some of sky's tosh.

Ads after each set is ridiculous. It's 5 legs max, often 3. Some sets are over in 4-5 minutes. Players need to get some rhythm and the stop start nature of the matches doesn't help.

• Advertisement

case885 wrote: »

Sky hype everything! Its to be expected if you watch any of their channels. FFS they are even hyping up Thierry Henry joining them...AS A COMMENTATOR!! :eek::rolleyes:
    gramar wrote: »
    Ads after each set is ridiculous. It's 5 legs max, often 3. Some sets are over in 4-5 minutes. Players need to get some rhythm and the stop start nature of the matches doesn't help.

Adverts after 1st & 2nd set only. Sky/PDC need to be able to pay for such a high standard somehow. Its not like this is a 1 off, all tv tournaments have breaks so players are used to it

I like Wez. He didn't deserve to win and his form's been well off the mark but I hope he gets it back next year.

https://twitter.com/Warrior180/status/545949418944733184

• Registered Users Posts: 39,539 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Heart Part

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

This is tripe from Hamilton it will be a sin if he gets through. Can't see tho.

I hate Hamilton so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

x2 hes awfull to watch

**** me the walk on music for pre lims is cat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

F*cking hell, I'd have to hit Taylor a slap if I was interviewing him. Just wait until the question is over before butting in :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

There does be some giving out done on here lads :)

I think we are in for the best world championship ever seen.
    Bring it on!!..

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nordicgael

all too easy for taylor - pretty boring match....

I think this last match could go 5 legs, hopefully its a good enough game

Never good seeing a stein that colour!! The pre limer takes first set 3-0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Stuart Kellett is pissed what an awlful game this has been.

Painful stuff that was.

Ronnie Huybrecths 2-0 (6-0 legs) up against the pie man

Devastator wrote: »
    Ronnie Huybrecths 2-0 (6-0 legs) up against the pie man

How does the pie man still qualify for these things

• Advertisement

Come on now Gurney

KevIRL wrote: »

I don't think I've ever seen him get beyond 2nd rd in any tv tournament. Sometimes he looks decent 1st game then total pants the next day but he was pretty awful today. Maybe he didn't want any distractions from his Christmas dinner!

Gurney back to 3-3! Come on son, last leg needed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,347 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

KevIRL wrote: »

He's better on a solid concrete floor, the raised wooden stage is always shaking and affecting his throw.

Get in. Great come back

Think I'll give this one a miss, it's like watching in slow motion...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭ebbsy

At least Bristow seems to have pi%%ed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭buster180

ebbsy wrote: »
    At least Bristow seems to have pi%%ed off.

Pity Mardel wouldn’t follow him

Baxter 3-1 Gurney :(

Kyle Anderson 3-0 Beaton! Thought that would have been closer.

http://www.pdc.tv/news/article/1uqc4owb7efne1flygfjs401g6/title/pdc-statement-newton-v-reyes
    THE PDC have released the following statement to clarify the situation in the tie-break at the end of the William Hill World Darts Championship between Wes Newton and Cristo Reyes on Thursday.

Under the rules of the tournament, at five legs all in the deciding set the two players should have thrown again for the bullseye to determine which player threw first in the sudden-death 11th leg.

Referee Paul Hinks initially called for play to continue without the requisite bull-off, before correcting this error.

PDC Tournament Director Tommy Cox has spoken to both Wes Newton and PDPA Chairman Peter Manley today (Friday) and both have accepted that this was an unfortunate situation of human error, which can occur in any sport.

However, the situation was the same for both players and the outcome of the game was not materially affected by this error.

PDC Tournament Director Tommy Cox said: "Paul Hinks is a top class referee who makes very few errors in what is a very demanding role, especially on the biggest stage of all."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nordicgael

lovely PR statement there- but i still see it as ref not knowing the rule not just a basic mistake, someone had to correct him before it was redone the right way.any ways i should not be too harsh - its hard to be a ref in any sport but esp darts with the crowds sometimes.i know i wouldnt want to do it.

Advertisement