Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭irishgeo

sham69 wrote: »
    Well that was some match, what was wrong with king, missed what they said..

Slipped disk and 3 injections this morning to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Hopp has van der Voort next and will fancy his chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

sham69 wrote: »
    Well that was some match, what was wrong with king, missed what they said..

Slipped disc I think had two or three injections earlier today for the pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

I hope Aidy routs that cocky little fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gramar wrote: »
    Hopp has van der Voort next and will fancy his chances.

I think he'll bate him too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I see there's a campaign on facebook to get the trashy dancing girls off the stage for when the championship returns. It is a bit much in fairness.

Another thing that annoyed me was that the crowd seemed to disperse in the later stages of the first round sessions, for eg in Dolan's and Bunting's matches against qualifiers. All heading out to the pubs. It rams home the argument you see from the likes of Wolfie of 'Circus Darts,' bunch of clowns out wearing silly costumes trying to get picked up by the cameras and who have no actual interest in watching the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

I'm becoming less and less fond of sky's coverage year after year. The "celebrity" commentators, the soccer chanting, Mardle, Bristow and the "fans" that everyone should be grateful to see ignorin the actual darts on show and instead gettin plastered because they "paid for their ticket". But in fairness a campaign to get rid of the dancers is a joke. Theyre the Hammerrettes, WestHam's cheer leading squad. The only logical solution is to ban cheerleading in general then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

get used to it or switch off lads.. sky has made darts exciting for millions...standards have increased due to players affording to be full time pros... if you want lower standards and silent crowds wait till Jan ... you can always turn down the volume... I don't like the stupid songs but its a small price to pay... merry Christmas everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

liam7831 wrote: »
    I hope Aidy routs that cocky little fella

I only caught up on that match yesterday but was so glad he got the smirk wiped off his face.

I wouldn't be Aidy's biggest fan but after Pallett starting giving it loads after winning the first leg I'm glad he got beat. Maybe the occasion got to him but you can't be doing that against a former champ. They'll up their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I see there's a campaign on facebook to get the trashy dancing girls off the stage for when the championship returns. It is a bit much in fairness.

Another thing that annoyed me was that the crowd seemed to disperse in the later stages of the first round sessions, for eg in Dolan's and Bunting's matches against qualifiers. All heading out to the pubs. It rams home the argument you see from the likes of Wolfie of 'Circus Darts,' bunch of clowns out wearing silly costumes trying to get picked up by the cameras and who have no actual interest in watching the game.

I think the issue may have been public transport, saw a few complaints on other dart forums about the late finish meaning lots would miss their last transport link.

Agree 100% about the costume wearers whose only aim is getting on sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,534 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

What a poor line up this afternoon for the return of the darts. Hopefully Thornton will be knocked out though.

This evening not a lot better although Anderson v Klassen has some potential

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Thornton so close to a 9 darter, missed treble 19 after 7 perfect darts.

Wasn't too far was on the wire for the treble 19

Not giving Baxter a chance wants to finish him off quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Baxter is very poor tho

Baxter was horrendous on the doubles. He didn't even come close to testing Thornton.

Next up the bull hope it's a good entertaining match.

Always a favourite of mine Terry don't know why though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Looks like 4-0 to Jenkins.

Jenkins was excellent and Ryder was appalling in that first set.

Really poor fare so far as expected

8 perfect darts jenkins then leftvtge last on the wire of double 12

So close!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

There will surely be one before the tournament's finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Love watching Jenkins when he's on a going day, another 9 darter would have been class!

Would sky ever train Bristow on how to cover a match properly.

He is like someone's grandfather nattering on bout the olden days never about the match actually on.

Mute again till he is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Talking about Liverpool and Steven Gerrard in commentary now. What relevance has this to darts? Such a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Only got to see some of Wright game, Bristow is shocking! Stupid little irrelevant 1/2 sentenses mixed in with impersonating Bill & Ben

"yeh ya see just like that just like that brilliant thats it just like that come on san"

Sweet Jesus grand dad is back rambling again def knows how to ruin a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

He's overly harsh in his criticism of players also.

He's overly harsh in his criticism of players also.

He is? I swear I only catch about a 3rd of what he's drooling

• Advertisement

Devastator wrote: »
    He is? I swear I only catch about a 3rd of what he's drooling

Should be an option to push the red button for subtitles when he is on.

Advertisement