Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Will the darts be on Sky2 for the 2 weeks, we had to trim our Sky Sports package.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,539 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Will the darts be on Sky2 for the 2 weeks, we had to trim our Sky Sports package.

Checked and its not on tomorrow anyway

Impressive from Klassen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Not many players as exciting to watch as Klaasen at his best. The speed at which he switches across the board is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

KevIRL wrote: »
    Impressive from Klassen

I'm no darts expert, but didn't he miss a load of doubles, some while under little pressure. Thought he did what he had to do but didn't think he was impressive.

Tnx for steer to Sky 2, wouldn't be watching it if I didn't see your post.

TbL

• Advertisement

I'm no darts expert, but didn't he miss a load of doubles, some while under little pressure. Thought he did what he had to do but didn't think he was impressive.

Tnx for steer to Sky 2, wouldn't be watching it if I didn't see your post.

TbL

Missing doubles is a very common occurrence in darts :pac:
    His doubles weren't all that impressive but to still win comfortably means his scoring was very much so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Missing doubles is a very common occurrence in darts :pac:
    His doubles weren't all that impressive but to still win comfortably means his scoring was very much so.

Tnx WIA,

What was his average, I didn't see it.

Thought he missed 6/7 attempts on a double, fairly sloppy at that level?

Watched Kist win the BDO worlds a couple of years ago but can't recollect him doing anything half decent since?

Tnx,

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

What a checkout by Cullen - 161 on the bull in the first leg!

Tnx WIA,

What was his average, I didn't see it.

Thought he missed 6/7 attempts on a double, fairly sloppy at that level?

Watched Kist win the BDO worlds a couple of years ago but can't recollect him doing anything half decent since?

Tnx,

TbL

Didn't catch the average, it would have dropped a fair bit from early on, I'd say he finished up around 98/99. It's common enough to see that amount of darts missed at a double, it can get in a players head when trying to close it out. It's more a mental thing than a lack of ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nordicgael

his average was 97 - all players miss doubles throughout a match - no big deal in these early rounds - important thing is just to win and get throu- van gerwen looking comfortable here considering the pressure.

• Advertisement

Great set this. 180s everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Cullen really making MVG work for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

That wasa good game and good win for MVG. Maybe a tough start like that is what he needs to really get his head into gear to retain the title

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

this reyes fella is no fool

sc86 wrote: »
    this reyes fella is no fool

they both looked pretty foolish to end the 2nd set :D woeful doubles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

lol world no 13 in trouble here

upset very much on the cards here ... but my god how many chances do you want at a double?? newton well off his game here - cant see a comeback either

well i spoke too soon- the comeback is on - newton suddenly remembered how to finish a double! has a lot of improving to do tho.

Newton will probably win it now, his experience is showing.

A bit of confusion in the tiebreaker here!

EDIT: Jeez that's unbelievable the referee was initially unaware that the players had to throw for the bullseye in the decider.

• Advertisement

Oh dear the ref f**ked that up badly

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

This seems a bit of a mess. No-one seems to know the rules!

Newton goes out in sudden death! Reyes looked like his lost his head during last leg once it eventually got going for real

Brilliant stuff, even if he did f*ck my accumulator right up :pac:

Reyes won! He did it the hard way but he's pulled off a very big shock here.

What a shambles- totally ruined the match now - great standard of refing - hahaha great result finally tho - well done to reyes - great to see an upset on day one but oh dear someone needs to educate the refs on the rules - like a play off leg is not that rare is it?

Nordicgael wrote: »
    What a shambles- totally ruined the match now - great standard of refing - hahaha great result finally tho - well done to reyes - great to see an upset on day one but oh dear someone needs to educate the refs on the rules - like a play off leg is not that rare is it?

He's one of the most experienced ref's about. Its the 1st day, it was the last game and had been going on a while, give him a break. Everyone can make a mistake. Its probably just aswell Reyes won the bull & the leg/match

did the same ref do all matches tonight? give him a break? sorry this aint some non televised exibition - world championship deserves refs that know the rules - yes hes only human but not knowing how to start a play off leg is not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Good first day of action I must say with some exciting tight games. Bit of a feck up in the last game alright but at least Reyes went on to win it, he would've felt hard done by had he lost.

• Advertisement

yeah i agree - a good day to start the championship - looking forward to the next few days of hopefully more of the same - great to have the darts at this time of year - love it!

Advertisement