Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

The gf keeps giving out to me because I keep moaning about the wobbly darts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Thankfully he never went through!! I couldn't sit through any more of that.

Did the commentators say why his darts were suffering from parkinsons? I didn't hear anything but didnt watch the pre lim where they may have talked about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Devastator wrote: »
    Thankfully he never went through!! I couldn't sit through any more of that.

Did the commentators say why his darts were suffering from parkinsons? I didn't hear anything but didnt watch the pre lim where they may have talked about it

It would have to be down to the stem no? I remember trying those slick stick stems before and they did something similar.

It would have to be down to the stem no? I remember trying those slick stick stems before and they did something similar.

To me it looked like the whole dart was shaking, not just the stem. Jelly barrels maybe? :D

I tried the spinning stems for a little bit in past but the darts never shook about like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

To me it looked like the whole dart was shaking, not just the stem. Jelly barrels maybe? :D

I tried the spinning stems for a little bit in past but the darts never shook about like that

That's what I thought too. They behaved just like a soft-tip dart with a long point. A bit annoying to say the least.

• Advertisement

gramar wrote: »
    That's what I thought too. They behaved just like a soft-tip dart with a long point. A bit annoying to say the least.

Maybe they were soft tips then? :eek: I do remember during the game the 'darts' commentator was talking about in the past throwing soft tips at normal board and said its not much difference, I think it may have been mardle and I just put it down to some irrelevant drivel he was spouting but now it might actually make sense :eek::confused: Oeerrrr I feel ill saying mardle may have made sense:mad:

Maybe they were soft tips then? :eek: I do remember during the game the 'darts' commentator was talking about in the past throwing soft tips at normal board and said its not much difference, I think it may have been mardle and I just put it down to some irrelevant drivel he was spouting but now it might actually make sense :eek::confused: Oeerrrr I feel ill saying mardle may have made sense:mad:

I throw soft tips at mine often enough but about 5-10% fall out. That said board is fairly worn and in a new one they might stick better. They do wobble just like Michaels last night though so maybe he was using soft tips?

The dart itself is just the same the only difference being the point. I have 20g soft tips and 21g hard with practically the same barrel shape and stem so I don't notice much difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Bristow is very contrary these days!

Bristow is very contrary these days!

Doing my head in going on about checkouts from 2/3 legs previously! He kept slabbering on about hogg leaving 14 from 68 so long that he started accusing Caven of miscounting when he was throwing at D16!

Part & Harrington are the only 2 I can listen to, Harrington isn't great but miles better than bristow or mardle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Yup, for me Part is the best commentator they have.

• Advertisement

3-1 definitely does not do Suljovic any justice tonight. He played great throughout I thought.

Michael Smith was good in fits and starts but didn't look like a contender based on that performance. Unlucky for Suljovic. A couple of poor darts at the wrong time. He'll be thinking he should have won.

3-1 definitely does not do Suljovic any justice tonight. He played great throughout I thought.

Really good match nice finish as well so confident it was never in doubt.

Shame have to go out hope the Barney match is as good could be a cracker.

He was so solid on his throw throughout. Didn't threaten against the throw early but then it started swinging back and forth a bit. It was a really professional performance. I think if he had of slowed down slightly he might have nicked it. When he broke throw in 3rd set he went straight back to the oche then Smith came out with a big score, if he had of just taken a drink or something it could have thrown Smith off, Smith broke him back in the leg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Barney very impressive.167 and 170 checkouts. Rowby didn't offer much resistance though.

Whitewash 3-0 3-0 3-0 for Dolan :D

I'm sure that doesn't happen to often, I can even remember Taylor at his peak having a chuckle when a qualifer won a late leg in the game. It could have been a south african aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Whitewash 3-0 3-0 3-0 for Dolan :D

I'm sure that doesn't happen to often, I can even remember Taylor at his peak having a chuckle when a qualifer won a late leg in the game. It could have been a south african aswell

Lewis did it last year or the year before against Dennis Smith. That's the only one I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Rod Harrington is really starting to p!ss me off... his credibility is wearing thin.
    And Wayne Mardle, they need to offload him

I miss Sid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

some good shows on the darts channel on sky, the mvg one gave a great insight into his life

Crucial 157 there from vdV, might get him over the line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Crucial 157 there from vdV, might get him over the line.

Ya huge one! Henderson was deflated after it!

Have to feel for Henderson there, he must have thought it was over only for that big checkout. Decent game to kick off the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Good game that, but not one for the purists, lots of wild darts. Got to feel for Henderson.

First time I have seen Hopp play not one bit scared of Merv (looks like he is in serious pain as well)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Really good game this. Hopp playing the game of his life and King really battling.

This kid has been very impressive, it will ruin my bet but I hope he wins now.

Wow, what a finish :eek:

Wow, what a finish :eek:

Amazing finish Poor Merv looks in a right bit of bother take nothing away from the youngster.

My favourite match so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Well that was some match, what was wrong with king, missed what they said..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

To go from nerves messing up a leg, to a 161 checkout. The kid is good.

Advertisement