Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

sc86 wrote: »
    rumours are burnett failed dugs test?
    how can drugs help a darts player performance?
    http://www.live-darts.com/category/darts-news/richie-burnett-removed-from-world-championship-201412020001/

Darts in the UK is effectively signed up to WADA and various other UNESCO agreements that the UK government have signed up to, so it doesn't really matter whether the drug would help per se, if its on the banned list then thats all that matters.

Some banned drugs could actually help darts players (e.g., one which steady the nerves) though I suspect it'll be different substances involved.

sc86 wrote: »
    rumours are burnett failed dugs test?
    how can drugs help a darts player performance?
    http://www.live-darts.com/category/darts-news/richie-burnett-removed-from-world-championship-201412020001/

Presume something along the lines of beta blockers to steady the heart and adrenaline levels and calm the player down.

Golf must be the hardest to figure cos you'd need steroids for the drive and beta blockers for the putts!

Having said that, I think the most likely drug is recreational - Robbie Green was caught for marijuana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Marijuana is a real strange one in the world of sports. Its not performance enhancing but it can still be used to gain a possible advantage. I think there will be a lot of debate in the future about the use of marijuana in sports as it is becoming a more widely accepted in the western world and also being made legal in some places...so its use will be brought into question more.

I like MMA(ufc) and theres been a few fighters caught/banned for marijuana in their bloodstream and they tried to argue that it was not a PED and if anything would be the opposite but the counter arguement was that is used during training, then it will help the body/muscles relax and therefore aid recovery time between training....then come fightnight your body is potentially in better shape than it should be.

Now there is not as much physical work in darts but muscle achs,fatigue or even a sore back(like I think King had recently) could see the use of marijuana helping someone gain an unfair advantage.

I'm not sure why I even went into this ramble....its almost as if I was stoned lol ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Devastator wrote: »
    Marijuana is a real strange one in the world of sports. Its not performance enhancing but it can still be used to gain a possible advantage. I think there will be a lot of debate in the future about the use of marijuana in sports as it is becoming a more widely accepted in the western world and also being made legal in some places...so its use will be brought into question more.

I like MMA(ufc) and theres been a few fighters caught/banned for marijuana in their bloodstream and they tried to argue that it was not a PED and if anything would be the opposite but the counter arguement was that is used during training, then it will help the body/muscles relax and therefore aid recovery time between training....then come fightnight your body is potentially in better shape than it should be.

Now there is not as much physical work in darts but muscle achs,fatigue or even a sore back(like I think King had recently) could see the use of marijuana helping someone gain an unfair advantage.

I'm not sure why I even went into this ramble....its almost as if I was stoned lol ;)

Nah....if you were stoned the post would have tailed off half way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

would love to see mvg take a early exit
    might deflate his head for a few weeks

gramar wrote: »
    Nah....if you were stoned the post would have tailed off half way through.

:D or just stopped with message "gone for food" :D

This must be 1st time in fair few years that the PDC champ will not be the 1st crowded world champion of the year. There could be other sports but the UFC light HW title fight is on Saturday 3rd jan.

Anyone know of any other sports nicking in start of 2015 or the last time there was a world champ named before the darts champ?

B38k4NJCUAAPf4d.png

10013619_796718887040336_1303529609034348099_n.jpg?oh=bd430bb5fcde079f7581d6eff73d5024&oe=553C01EB&__gda__=1430167123_3815e16ea24d8933b68b4e5396f7279910013619_796718887040336_1303529609034348099_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭buster180

Big head looking for special treatment again! He Making excuses already, and folk wonder why people love seeing him get beat

Phil Taylor unhappy at World Darts Championship match schedule

Phil Taylor has called on World Darts Championship organisers to alter the playing schedule ahead of this year's tournament.

The 54-year-old exited the showpiece event at the second-round stage last year following a shock defeat at the hands of world number 32 Michael Smith, which saw him lose his top-placed ranking to eventual winner Michael van Gerwen.

Taylor was left unhappy at the timing of the defeat against Smith, with the players not leaving the stage at Alexandra Palace until close to midnight.

"I've told them, 'If you put me on at midnight, I might as well not play'. Playing at 11.45pm is miles too late. I want to be on earlier," the 16-time champion is quoted as saying by The Mirror.

"They have to change the schedules. They have to realise that I can't do that anymore. I keep telling them that. Van Gerwen is the champion now – put him on at midnight. He is a young kid. I'd rather play at 9am than at midnight. That suits me better."

Germany's Jyhan Artut awaits Taylor in first round of the tournament, which gets underway on Thursday evening.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/darts/ne...le_193635.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

So just put on a few bets there. My main bet is for 2 or more 9 darters @ 11/4. Think this is pretty good value tbh and should there be one early enough in the tournament will give me a good sweat.

Have backed Barney @ 40s. Don't really see too much value amongst the favourites. Lewis and Wade tempted me but 40's seemed to big for Barney. If he can find form, he can beat anyone.

Hamilton @ 14s to win his quarter. Solid player and a good draw in that he avoided Taylor, Mvg and Lewis. Could easily upset Anderson or Wright in his quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Degag wrote: »
    So just put on a few bets there. My main bet is for 2 or more 9 darters @ 11/4. Think this is pretty good value tbh and should there be one early enough in the tournament will give me a good sweat.

Have backed Barney @ 40s. Don't really see too much value amongst the favourites. Lewis and Wade tempted me but 40's seemed to big for Barney. If he can find form, he can beat anyone.

Hamilton @ 14s to win his quarter. Solid player and a good draw in that he avoided Taylor, Mvg and Lewis. Could easily upset Anderson or Wright in his quarter.

Can't see any way that Barney has a shot at this, even at 40/1, I'd reckon I'd be wasting my cash.

I'd like to see Wade win it, but don't think it'll happen.

Gonna put a few quid on Lewis.

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Degag wrote: »

What price would you get for there being no 9 darters?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

gramar wrote: »
    What price would you get for there being no 9 darters?

8/5 with Boylesports

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

You can't have a PDC World Championships without someone throwing a 9 darter. I'd imagine out of the likes of Wade, Lewis, Taylor, Van Gerwen, Van Barneveld, someone will at least throw a couple of 9 darters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

really hoping anderson or mvg wins

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'm hoping Bunting wins to be become the undisputed darts World Champion!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

very long shot in fairness
    jasus the bdo boys would be trying to claim there was no difference in standard then lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

World Championships is finally here. It's officially Christmas!! Hope you all have the beers in.

Great, had ss3...sorry SS darts on all afternoon. The 15min highlights of the finals are pretty s**t, I hope they show full replays of some classic matches. Would love to see Taylor/Barney final again in full.

B5JNDDuIIAAIZ8S.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Christ Part is carrying some weight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

This is the only good thing about this time of year. Not a fan of Xmas! Cmon Part!

what a kick off game this could be

• Registered Users Posts: 39,516 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Boring boring tables already. Sigh

Damn tv box is messing about, gotta go for a stream for tonight.

Part making a comeback, 2-2 and down to deciding set! Brown's inexperience maybe letting Big Part back in

great win for keegan brown, under pressure from parts comeback

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭buster180

KevIRL wrote: »
    Boring boring tables already. Sigh

And we now have that stupid Yaya Toure song, its going to be a long two weeks

Devastator wrote: »
    Damn tv box is messing about, gotta go for a stream for tonight.

Part making a comeback, 2-2 and down to deciding set! Brown's inexperience maybe letting Big Part back in

Decent opener alright. Wasn't impressed with Brown almost throwing it away though.

Reyes 142 checkout there.

buster180 wrote: »
    And we now have that stupid Yaya Toure song, its going to be a long two weeks

And mardle being his idiot self

• Advertisement

The darts on sky2 also for anyone who doesn't have a sports sub

Advertisement