Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Got my second one today, so Ive gotten my two!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Persies one arrived this morning so I have my two now.. Came with a lovely Christmas card as well.. can't wait to see what they got now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I think there is just one last package left to arrive, so hopefully that will arrive very soon and we will all be sorted! Technically 4 days left till opening seeing as it's after midnight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh I'm dying to see all the pics.

Bit sad I had to back out this year but I'm enjoying the thread so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Sorry to go a bit off topic here (but it is kind of related!!!!!)

As they say Whispered have you any news for us?????

Did your doggies get their little human or are they still waiting???????

• Advertisement

Oh they got their little human. Neil Was born by section on Saturday night. Healthy little fella, 7lbs 12oz (a small turkey as they say in the snapper)

My poor boys though haven't really got a look in from me since I got home as I'm spending most of my time in bed :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Congratulations, Whispered! All your boys will be buddies in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Many many congratulations Whispered, that is wonderful news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Congrats Whispered :D Delighted for you and the boys, they'll be best of buds in no time at all!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Congratulations Whispered and Mr. Whispered! And Phoe and Harley!
    And welcome to the world Baby Neil :)

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone. He's a cutie. :)

Congrats whispered! :D

Sooo today is the 21st... Meaning at midnight tonight it'll be the 22nd...

...I wonder who is going to be first off the bat tonight with presents... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

I can't open mine till late on the 23rd as i am in the uk!

KD11 won't be opening hers till the 26th as she has to work over Christmas and is only flying home Stephens day morning.

Cant wait to see all the lucky pets opening them tomorrow though!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I'd put money on SillyMangoX being the first!!!!!

Won't be me anyway!

I've brought the presents down under the tree and they keep diving at Dudes box. Something must smell good in there :D

Anyone else as excited as I am? Can't wait to see all the pics later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Echo will get his but Harry and Diaz will have to wait till I get up to them tomorrow afternoon.

Can't wait!

My beardies can get theirs tomorrow as their heat and lights will be off by midnight and the horse will get hers tomorrow because she's in her stable :D

Can't wait to see what was got for them, they wouldn't be the easiest thing to get a present for!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

My beardies can get theirs tomorrow as their heat and lights will be off by midnight and the horse will get hers tomorrow because she's in her stable :D

Can't wait to see what was got for them, they wouldn't be the easiest thing to get a present for!

D'uh! :)
    It took me a minute to realise you mean bearded dragons, not bearded collies... I was think beardies (dog) shouldn't be that hard to buy for :D

DBB wrote: »
    D'uh! :)
    It took me a minute to realise you mean bearded dragons, not bearded collies... I was think beardies (dog) shouldn't be that hard to buy for :D

It's funny how different meanings are attached to the same name, I've been keeping reptiles for a long time so to me beardies will always be bearded Dragons!
    Although my two are really called Rocksteady and Bebop but it's easier just to say the Beardies!

Although I do love bearded collies too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Didn't get a chance to have Poll open her present tonight and won't be home again now until Wednesday so I'll be postponing the fun until then.

To everyone else, enjoy tomorrow!

• Advertisement

It's now midnight, the start of the 22nd, so I officially declare secret Santa 2014 open!!! Go rip up those pressies, have fun with the wrapping paper and make sure to take lots of pictures of all the excitement as it unfolds!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Gizmo the Guinea Pig got to open his presents a bit before the clock strikes midnight as he goes to bed early.

As you can see from the photos he loves his gifts. Unfortunately Gizmo's arse is rather fat from over indulgence in his favourites things in life - carrots. He got rather firmly wedged in his new tunnel. For 20 minutes I pondered if I would need to involve the Dublin Fire Brigade or maybe I could coax him out :pac:, alas it would not to be and he was rather firmly stuck. I decided the only course of action was to perform a C Section. A few minutes later Gizmo was rescued minus some hair, I had aged 20 years but he was back ripping open his presents. He was also very fond of eating the wrapping paper!

Thanks a million to his very kind SS.

332434.jpg

332433.jpg

332432.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

The fish were rather excited to get their very useful presents. Their stick on tablet treats they got provided an hour of entertainment for us humans :D Here is a photo of them all trying to get in on the action.

Thank you very much to their SS

332437.jpg

A box, for me?! :D

gUTZ1W.jpg

Present time :D

iyn0Lr.jpg

Time to get ripping

lb5t36.jpg

He's obsessed with the fuzzy crazy guy, as were his siblings!

IvHdl8.jpg

My fishey. No one else can have my fishy. (he LOVES this one.)

yL3oLK.jpg

He took a shine to this yellow ball, he took it out of the pack by himself :)

KjUq0b.jpg

He thinks it tastes yummy.

05Ed3u.jpg

Looking very satisfied with his pressies. Thank you so much secret santa!! The home made ones went down a treat :)

rVc98d.jpg

All this for me :D

hunh4i.jpg

Hiding out with his present under the tree

Vb7Xi0.jpg

A little stocking to fill with catnip which everyone loved and fought over...

PNLX4d.jpg

...as demonstrated here :P

XSZoJf.jpg

Looking rather spiffing in his new outfit :D

uAggos.jpg

Which Dude got jealous over :pac:

HoOk4q.jpg

Standing protectively over his lot. Thank you very much SS, he's a very happy camper tonight :D

zBgM9U.jpg

She spent so long carefully tearing this one open :D

LiSmkA.jpg

And then rubbing her face all over it!

0TIVuU.jpg

Stalking her new dangly toy from behind the couch :pac:

Th23Ap.jpg

Being a typical cat her favourite part was something I'm sure wasn't intended to be a present but became her new bed for the evening - the envelope :pac:

DSpZBS.jpg

Thank you very much to her SS, she was a very contented kitty, distracted her from being a grump for a while :D

zkBm45.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

A scene of absolute carnage here this morning!! I'll post pics / video when I get to my laptop! Safe to say, the turkey was disembowled within seconds!! Tug of war game then commenced!

Thanks to Tara and Elly's secret santa for the pressies and cards... I must try harder next year:$

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Echo is going nuts, Rudolf appeared out of his presents and he is currently not letting him out of his sight. Santa better not need his reindeer back!

Pictures are a bit crap cos he I so black... I'll post more when I can.

Could these be embedded if possible?

117dx1k.jpg

1z6rrja.jpg

13za7hu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

Just opened the package... people fantastic gifts!!! Jago and Buddy super happy they don't know where to start playing!!!
    I will post some photos later... thanks a lot Secret Santa!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

I'm going to have to postpone opening until tomorrow-OH's nephews are here and staying tonight and my dog is hyper enough with his new playmates! But can't wait!

Advertisement