Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Do people think it would be weird to get handmade presents? I can make some really cool stuff I think but I don't want anyone thinking I'm a skinflint...

Not at all! I was thinking of doing the same thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Definitely not weird. I got a lovely handmade card last year and a little wooden windchime type hanging decoration that was either handmade or at the very least personalized, which I still have hanging in the kitchen. I'm doing a diy type pressie for one of mine this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

Ordered my pressies over the weekend so should hopefully arrive tomorrow or Tuesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

This isn't exactly secret santa related, but I just saw on facebook that a rescue is doing a shoe box appeal for all the dogs in their care that don't have a home for Christmas so they have a surprise to wake up to Christmas morning. I think it's a lovely idea :)

It's a great idea to get people to donate something small but i'm heard so much bad news about that "rescue" that it's last place i'd donate!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

nala2012 wrote: »
    It's a great idea to get people to donate something small but i'm heard so much bad news about that "rescue" that it's last place i'd donate!

I've heard that there has been controversy about them, but never actually knew what it was so I haven't an opinion formed on them, but from their post I was thinking of maybe doing the shoebox idea for one of the local rescues around here, might just slip in a few extra orders with my SS ones when I order them tomorrow so some animals can still have a bit of experience of Christmas despite not being in a home :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Bought my pressie today, not completely happy with it but was very limited due to the limited stock they had in the shop. Might just add a small addition to it then it's ready for posting. :)

My broadband has decided to break and I don't trust my phone internet so it looks like I'll be going the good old bricks and mortar route for my SS pressies. Pity, I had some lovely ones picked out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Ordered for my two SS people there now :D

Mucho research had to be done beforehand. I am also one of these people that will continue adding to it so eh......don't be worried if you're wondering why the hell there's a petshop in a box at your door.

z43104.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

My Amazon order arrived yesterday and I got such a laugh opening it, some of the items are great. I just hope that one of my SS's isn't too easily offended by a bit of "toilet" humour! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Hoping to get mine ordered online on Friday. No money until then when I get paid.

I know what im getting so just need to go back online to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I was toying with the idea of making something but have decided that it's perhaps better to purchase something along the same lines. Sussed it out today and found something that I hope will be welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Guna get all my stuff I'm Friday! Hope I can get something that the recipient will love!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Iv mine bought, just need one little thing in each to top it off :) And some wrapping paper and something to put them all into :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

I've got the pressie sorted, must get some wrapping paper now :-)

Seeing as we're now in December, posting is open!! You have till the 9th to get those packages on their way. I'm hoping my online orders come in tomorrow so I can get sorted (I ended up being able to shop online after all!)

Please pm me or post on this thread when you have sent your presents, and when your pets have received theirs so I can make sure nothing gets lost in the post. This is very important so would appreciate everyone's cooperation on it! (But I have every faith ye will be as good as ever :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I have all my things bought! Finally! :D Just gotta get me some wrapping paper and find the time to get to the post office at some stage. I think mine is open Saturday morning, so it'll be gone then at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Have my parcel ready to go in the post on Thursday!

Had to hide the pressies from Poll, she'd have only thought they were for her but now I'm really excited to have hers arrive. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

My order arrived today! So hope to send it Thursday or Friday.

I hope one of them doesn't mind cat smell as Squeak launched herself straight into the box as soon as my back was turned :pac:

Will be posting mine tomorrow afternoon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Seeing as we're now in December, posting is open!! You have till the 9th to get those packages on their way. I'm hoping my online orders come in tomorrow so I can get sorted (I ended up being able to shop online after all!)

Please pm me or post on this thread when you have sent your presents, and when your pets have received theirs so I can make sure nothing gets lost in the post. This is very important so would appreciate everyone's cooperation on it! (But I have every faith ye will be as good as ever :D )

Jesus, thank feck I checked the thread, I didn't realise we had to post so soon. I'm involved in another secret santa and posting is by 19th December so I was probably thinking of that.
    Anyway, my goodies are arriving today (I just got a text from the courier) so will be sending them off tomorrow :D

• Advertisement

Love seeing that people are all ready to post :D If ye could let me know when they are actually in the post office ready to be shipped out that would be great, lets me keep track of things a lot easier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'll be posting mine tomorrow- have to wait for the Dole to come in!!! :p

Also, here's a preview of the opening night! :D:D:D

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/these-adorable-animals-couldnt-wait-to-open-their-christmas-presents-653278.html

SS present SENT :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Got my presents, be sending them as soon as I get one more thing!

Jesus, thank feck I checked the thread, I didn't realise we had to post so soon. I'm involved in another secret santa and posting is by 19th December so I was probably thinking of that.
    Anyway, my goodies are arriving today (I just got a text from the courier) so will be sending them off tomorrow :D

Oh no, the goodies didn't arrive today :(
    Hopefully they'll turn up this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Posted off my pressies this morning.
    Thanks to SillyMango for all her help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Pressies sent this morning.

PM'd you SillyMangoX and thanks for organising it this year.

Ahhh big package arrived for miss peach this morning. She dived at the envelope.. I take it she likes the smell of whatevers in there :D

The SS goodies arrived today :D
    Will be posting tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Thought this might be appropriate here :D

Advertisement