Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I'm in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Debating on whether to enter Bailey - he's kind of gone off toys since Lucy robs them all.. Would people mind if the were just buying treats for their SS and not toys!? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I have a horse and two bearded dragons .... Slightly different, tempted to put the beardies (they're counted as one as they live together and share everything) and the horse in ha but is it fair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I have a horse and two bearded dragons .... Slightly different, tempted to put the beardies (they're counted as one as they live together and share everything) and the horse in ha but is it fair?

ABSOLUTELY! Go for it :D

ABSOLUTELY! Go for it :D

Entered both the beardies and the horse :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

tk123 wrote: »
    Debating on whether to enter Bailey - he's kind of gone off toys since Lucy robs them all.. Would people mind if the were just buying treats for their SS and not toys!? :confused:

I wouldn't anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Entered both the beardies and the horse :D

Excellent :D it's great to have variety!

Both of them entered. I was going to use my work address but decided against it in case the parcels come wrapped lol!!! :p :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just sent a PM there. Loved taking part last year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Im in. Just entered one as cant afford to buy loads of pressies, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Just sent mine in - I hope I'm not too late! I entered Jessie (dog) and Freddie (cat) since the other two were entered last year.

I also decided not to enter any of the chickens this year since I don't think they fully appreciated the importance of the occasion. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Both of them entered. I was going to use my work address but decided against it in case the parcels come wrapped lol!!! :p :pac:

But that's the best bit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I got one addressed to Oliver and Tiffi delivered to work a couple of years back! :o

I won't be entering any pets this year, there's a fairly good (almost certain) chance we'd be away for around posting time and opening time, but will enjoy watching all the fun.

I'll miss ss, loved doing it the last couple of years, and have already caught myself looking at stuff for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Good lord this has really taken off a lot quicker than last year, down to the last 10 spots already and it's only been a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

mymo wrote: »
    I got one addressed to Oliver and Tiffi delivered to work a couple of years back! :o

I won't be entering any pets this year, there's a fairly good (almost certain) chance we'd be away for around posting time and opening time, but will enjoy watching all the fun.

I'll miss ss, loved doing it the last couple of years, and have already caught myself looking at stuff for it!

Get yourself in there! That's not an excuse at all - you'll just have to be super organised :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Whispered wrote: »
    Get yourself in there! That's not an excuse at all - you'll just have to be super organised :D

Wish I could, but Waiting on a family member to have some pretty major surgery, haven't got dates yet for their op, so can't arrange anything, got dogs cats and teenager as well as work to organise. (And three more kittens to rehome)

I will be back next year though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Just realised I'm going to have to open up ours at the stroke of midnight as we're heading off to London on the Monday! Good thing Twitch is nocturnal. :P

Just realised I'm going to have to open up ours at the stroke of midnight as we're heading off to London on the Monday! Good thing Twitch is nocturnal. :P

I make my cats nocturnal at midnight just so they can open them up :P

I was doing my zooplus order this morning and kept seeing things I wanted to put into my order then realised I could end up shopping for something that wasn't a cat or a dog so I better hold off :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Following on from Jenny's post, I have two horses too, should I enter them? I've already entered my Pup Echo...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Could I enter our Two poms ?
    It's not too late is it ?
    They loved it last year as did we.

Just Pm'd you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I've got a lot going on this year so I won't be able to do it this time around:(. I might be out of line here but I was just wondering if maybe one year we could do a Secret Santa for some animal rescues, especially the ones that some forum users are involved with? It would be really nice to get some goodies to the rescue animals.:)

That's a great idea in theory but I could see it being difficult enough to pull off, especially with not being able to name individual rescues on here. I'm sure there could be a way around it like if someone wanted to enter a rescue or individual animal instead of their own pet and bring the present to the rescue after they received it or something along those lines.. certainly would be worth considering anyway! Not for this year though as there's only 4 spots left :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I've got a lot going on this year so I won't be able to do it this time around:(. I might be out of line here but I was just wondering if maybe one year we could do a Secret Santa for some animal rescues, especially the ones that some forum users are involved with? It would be really nice to get some goodies to the rescue animals.:)

I think that's a super idea!
    Let me stew on it for a while :)

Kamili wrote: »
    Following on from Jenny's post, I have two horses too, should I enter them? I've already entered my Pup Echo...

Haha do enter them! Haz needs more horsey friends to make it more even!

If only we had a few chickens this year :D

Ah just looked at Lucy's vid of her opening her presents last year!! She looks so small compared to now with her dumbo ears too big for her head and unfolded tail lol!:p We still have all the toys - the Santa is banned from day to day play after it drove my mum and Bailey mad lol!! :pac:

Since this filled up so quick this year, I'm going to add on another 10 spots once again bringing the total number to 60! I'd imagine these ten spots will fill up just as fast so get yer PM's in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Hope Im not too late! :)

I have have 11 spots left open in this years SS, and there's 9 days left for entry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I have have 11 spots left open in this years SS, and there's 9 days left for entry!

Oh god the temptation to put in the cat we haven't got yet (but who is being fostered for us until we move house) is immense!!!!

Advertisement