Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa 2014

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Oh god the temptation to put in the cat we haven't got yet (but who is being fostered for us until we move house) is immense!!!!

w2bm14.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Oh god the temptation to put in the cat we haven't got yet (but who is being fostered for us until we move house) is immense!!!!

Do it!!!! No pressure though ....cough lol.

I'm fostering an amazing dog at the minute. If I knew his potential owners were involved in something like this I'd be even happier that he was going to the right home.

Cracking up at Mrs.Doyle above...

No guilt trip...swear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

anniehoo wrote: »
    Do it!!!! No pressure though ....cough lol.

I'm fostering an amazing dog at the minute. If I knew his potential owners were involved in something like this I'd be even happier that he was going to the right home.

Cracking up at Mrs.Doyle above...

No guilt trip...swear :)

Well we went down the country to visit her a few weeks ago and OMG we just fell in love! I keep texting the poor woman who's fostering her letting her know how our house sale is going, and if she needs anything for her just to let us know. I think at this point she's just like "guys, relax!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Just a quick reminder that there's only 3 days left to enter so if anyone is putting it on the long finger, get the pm's into me asap to save me having to go through a pile on the closing day :P

Closing date is tomorrow! I haven't gotten any more entries so it looks like we're staying at the 50 this year unless people have 10 more pets that have been hiding waiting to join :P I'll be doing the draw tomorrow night and will most likely have all the PM's out by the weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Woohoooooooooo!! I've been holding out buying anything on zooplus or amazon until I know what pets I've gotten lol!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 littlebuddy84

I'd love to join but I don't have a 100 posts unfortunately :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

Hope it's okay to post a little heads up (please delete if it's not allowed)- petbliss have 30% off their Christmas stock at the minute, not sure when it's ending!!:)

Not to put too fine a point on it but any chance thy could be done so that folks going to Pet Expo know who they're buying for and might pick up a bit or two? 😀
    Closing date is tomorrow! I haven't gotten any more entries so it looks like we're staying at the 50 this year unless people have 10 more pets that have been hiding waiting to join :P I'll be doing the draw tomorrow night and will most likely have all the PM's out by the weekend :)

Not to put too fine a point on it but any chance thy could be done so that folks going to Pet Expo know who they're buying for and might pick up a bit or two? 😀

You'll do well to stay within budget at PetExpo!:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

tk123 wrote: »
    You'll do well to stay within budget at PetExpo!:p

Was just thinking that- I'd be very surprised if you managed to get value your tenner there!

I'll try my best but I can't guarantee it, there's a lot of info to sort through and I'm a busy lady :P I'll start getting sorted this evening when I'm back on the laptop and see if I can get it done!

I'll try my best but I can't guarantee it, there's a lot of info to sort through and I'm a busy lady :P I'll start getting sorted this evening when I'm back on the laptop and see if I can get it done!

Do you need any help?

tk123 wrote: »
    Do you need any help?

I don't think so, I'd say I'm all good but I'll let you know if I do!

**Entries are now closed!!**

This year we have 50 pets entered, some.. interesting.. ones I must say :P
    I'm about to do the draw now when Cream finished his dinner because he likes to help pick the numbers, so for the time being here is a list of all users who have entered. (I recommend logging out of boards before stalking, but I will have been stalking all the pages in order to PM :P)
    If I have left anyone out please PM me ASAP :D

SillyMangoX
    pampootie
    angeldaisy
    Knine
    Nala2012
    KDII
    ene
    Toulouse
    ShaShaBear
    Raminahobbin
    baby and crumble
    scudzilla
    SingItOut
    Kovu
    tazwaz
    honerbright
    Kamili
    sparkle_23
    adrenalinjunkie
    Dubl07
    PurplePrincess
    26sdrawkcab
    xxxJennyxxx
    tk123
    jellybear
    andreac
    pookiesboo
    bluecherry74
    Zapperzy
    jsabina
    Ste-
    Harpy
    zef

My happy helpers each picked a number for the draw (then Cream slapped all the paper out of my hand and I had to start again -.- ... I really do love my cats!!)

image_zps3f0bb32e.jpg

image_zps4396016c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

so so excited!! just got my secret santa person! let the amazon browsing commence!

PM's have been sent, hopefully to everyone so if you didn't receive it let me know ASAP! Nearly gave myself heart failure, my numbers of messages sent weren't adding up to the number of people entered... took my a while to cop that I wouldn't have sent one to myself! D'oh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Eeeep! Excite! Let the shopping commence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

uh oh, received, it will be funny, need to do some research :D:D !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Oooh I got mine.. Shopping spree at the weekend!!! So excited!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Yay! Got mine this morning :)
    Already started looking, no doubt it's going to turn into "one for secret santa, one for my own dogs" type shopping lol

Yay! Got mine this morning :)
    Already started looking, no doubt it's going to turn into "one for secret santa, one for my own dogs" type shopping lol

This is what's happening to me!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Woo so excited! Got ours this morning!!
    @sillymangoX don't panic Ste- entered for us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Ah I'm so excited! I'm sick in bed with a virus but all I want to do is go shopping! Damn you sickness :mad:

The one I thought would be hard to buy for is easy and the one I thought would be easy is hard lol!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

i may have bought my present today....

This isn't exactly secret santa related, but I just saw on facebook that a rescue is doing a shoe box appeal for all the dogs in their care that don't have a home for Christmas so they have a surprise to wake up to Christmas morning. I think it's a lovely idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

the dogs in their care that don't have a home for Christmas so they have a surprise to wake up to Christmas morning. I think it's a lovely idea :)

This made me well up :(

On another note I'll be shopping for my secret Santa next week, I got an easy one :D

Do people think it would be weird to get handmade presents? I can make some really cool stuff I think but I don't want anyone thinking I'm a skinflint...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I think its a great idea and much more personalised

Advertisement