Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women adjusting tops in public

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Why do you have to say "they were nothing to write home about"???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Caprica6 wrote: »
    Well its not bulges unless some one is wearing stupidly tight pants....I like to look at shoulders 0.0 Dont ask why :/

So you're saying that if men don't want their bulges stared at then they shouldn't wear tight pants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Its tough that no matter what I wear there just there, there is nothing I can do about it, I don't mind having them better then nothing but when your working and men come up to you staring even if your wearing high necked stuff its a bit s*itty & at times intimidating!!

I would say it is tough in that situation. My wife has a decent sized chest and when we go out she will wear a low cut top.
    Lads will have a quick look but you always get some creep who nearly faces dives in there.

One lad even gave me a fist bump in a pub a few weeks back!!! I didn't know to be proud or knock him out!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

What the hell did that guy put down his trousers?

No wonder they're staring, they're probably thinking he needs a doctor :)

Well its not bulges unless some one is wearing stupidly tight pants....I like to look at shoulders 0.0 Dont ask why :/

Yes shoulders maketh the man

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »
    Why do you have to say "they were nothing to write home about"???

Its not a comment on the ladies or anything, I just have better at home.
    Its not like the tops they were wearing had nipple tassles on them, just normal tops like! so nothing to write home about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Has the OP been sentenced yet?

allibastor wrote: »
    I would say it is tough in that situation. My wife has a decent sized chest and when we go out she will wear a low cut top.
    Lads will have a quick look but you always get some creep who nearly faces dives in there.

One lad even gave me a fist bump in a pub a few weeks back!!! I didn't know to be proud or knock him out!!!
    OK then...

mathie wrote: »
    ... yet you saw it?

ha ha great reply.. said in the voice of agent smith from the matrix...

anD yet you Sawww iTTTT..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Caprica6

Now I never said that walking around half naked is not going to make people glance quickly........what I am saying is staring for up to and over 5 minutes basically drooling & pointing out what your are staring at and laughing is an issue!!! :/

• Advertisement

allibastor wrote: »
    Its not a comment on the ladies or anything, I just have better at home.
    Its not like the tops they were wearing had nipple tassles on them, just normal tops like! so nothing to write home about.

Dig up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Cormac... wrote: »
    Has the OP been sentenced yet?

Yes, he has been sentenced to going outside wearing only a jockstrap for the rest of his life.

Case closed.

One lad even gave me a fist bump in a pub a few weeks back!!! I didn't know to be proud or knock him out!!![/QUOTE]

Ha suppose it depends what humor you are in at the time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Men need to be gagged and blindfolded when in public I tells ya.

rusty cole wrote: »
    ha ha great reply.. said in the voice of agent smith from the matrix...

anD yet you Sawww iTTTT..

I was thinking CSI

I was thinking CSI

ha ha ha class yeah as he put on the glasses!!! very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

How did you know she was doing it to cover up her breasts then???

Oh come on. You're looking past someone, or looking at something in a glass display they're standing behind. You sense them making eye-contact, and when you look at them they're giving you a disapproving look and pulling up their top. How would you interpret that?

I'm not saying "if you don't want people looking at them don't have them out" or excusing people leering, and I'm not saying every woman adjusting her top is thinking that a man is staring inappropriately at her. But the facts of the case as related by the OP hardly sound completely outlandish. It was a misunderstanding.

Dig up

Pardon? not sure what you mean.

I am only saying my wife was better than these two ladies in question, so I would not really have a need to stare is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

You did:

When women are pulling up their tops or pulling down their skirts it's because it's too revealing and they don't want people looking!

Original post: We don't do everything with the expectation of a male audience.
    My response: Nobody's suggesting that you do.

So how have I suggested there in what you quoted that women are doing things with the expectation of a male audience?
    You clearly have a problem me pulling up my top in case I'm revealing too much, why?
    I don't have a problem with you pulling up your top. If you think someone is looking at you and you want to cover up then do it. If you're uncomfortable or itchy then readjust yourself. Do what ever you want! But if you're going to wear something that shows off your boobs, you can expect people to notice. Even in a non pervy way, people will look at you.

How did you know she was doing it to cover up her breasts then???

I suppose I don't know if she was covering them up or just adjusting her top, but as I said when her movement in my eye line caught my attention she was already looking at me while doing this. And not with a 100% happy look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

1. Women can wear whatever they want.
    2. If they feel the need to adjust their clothing they can do so, and doing because they noticed you looking so is not an implication that you are a pervert.
    3. Just because a woman wears a revealing item of clothing doesn't mean she wants attention from you.
    4. Flashes of skin will attract the eyes.
    5. Noticing an attractive pair of breasts is no more perving than noticing an attractive set of shoulders.
    6. Staring makes people uncomfortable, and while you may have a right to do so, exercising that right can be very creepy.

2. If they feel the need to adjust their clothing they can do so, and doing because they noticed you looking so is not an implication that you are a pervert.
    3. Just because a woman wears a revealing item of clothing doesn't mean she wants attention from you.
    5. Noticing an attractive pair of breasts is no more perving than noticing an attractive set of shoulders.
    6. Staring makes people uncomfortable, and while you may have a right to do so, exercising that right can be very creepy.
    Agree!!

It's best when we list and number things. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

Cormac... wrote: »
    It's best when we list and number things. :)

I'm doing science.

I'm doing science.

1) Humans are biological beings
    2) Biology is Science
    3) You're doing Science
    4) You're doing Biology
    5) Women are Biology
    6) You're having sex with a Woman

Sexist Pig :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Kovalev68

You have no self control???

I have said nothing which indicates I have no self control.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

1) I'm doing science and I'm
    2) Still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,347 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I feel a bit of tit :) reading this thread it has been ruined by women bringing feminism into it like a defence mechanism.....(That rhymes and all)

Plenty of double standards talk from what I have read. With plenty of rules attached apparently! More complicated then those cards from that monopoly game!

No need to get your knickers in a twist though it might need adjusting! :)

With reference to the OP's comment that they were "not much to look at" I think was meant to show he would have had a sneaky look otherwise.

When the woolly jumpers and jackets come back the problem will be resolved for people out shopping and looking at X boxes.......

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

smash wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with you pulling up your top. If you think someone is looking at you and you want to cover up then do it. If you're uncomfortable or itchy then readjust yourself. Do what ever you want! But if you're going to wear something that shows off your boobs, you can expect people to notice. Even in a non pervy way, people will look at you.

I must have taken you up wrong then but it read like you were having a go! Everything in this post makes it clear though.

• Advertisement

Love this post. Man of the match here.

Advertisement