Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women adjusting tops in public

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

smash wrote: »
    Well I suppose the thing is that you know when you're at home wearing a low cut top with the intention of getting attention because of it, you can assume that the same will happen in public!

It might not be a case that you're asking for the public attention but you can assume it's going to happen. Especially if you have a nice rack... lets be honest!

It's a matter of whether you get offended or uncomfortable by it, and that all the depends on who's looking and how they're looking. I'm sure you'd feel good if a hot guy got a glance and gave a little smile as he walked past, but you'd be disgusted if a fat hairy old guy was standing there staring at them.

Moral of this post: OP is probably a fat hairy old guy!

Probably, but not thankfully!!!!! Slim, muscular and young(ish) with not much hair where I should be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

allibastor wrote: »
    Last time I wore pants where my junk was on show I did get a few looks, was told later that it was very noticeable.
    Probably, but not thankfully!!!!! Slim, muscular and young(ish) with not much hair where I should be!

Jesus, someone doesn't half love them self... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Kovalev68

I like when my boyfriend looks at my boobs, so I wear low cut clothing around him. Does that mean if we decide to go to the shops, I should cover up, because I'm inviting men to stare by wearing a low cut top?

No, but people are entitled to look wherever they want.

Jesus, someone doesn't half love them self... :pac:

:D. ha, Just don't want to be called a fat old man

• Registered Users Posts: 9,832 ✭✭✭nerd69

efb wrote: »
    So women should wear clothes based on men's reactions??? We need burkas

dont be that person the tops in question are designed to show off cleavage iv seen shows myself where heavier women for example are encouraged to show off cleavage as it will show off the assets and keep the eyes away from where they would not want them. it seems a bit mad then to wear that and then get odd at someone having a peek.

at the same time iv seen lads blatantly stare at a womens chest and i could definitely understand discomfort at that. if they won't play the game they fecking ruin it for the rest of us.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Jerry Seinfeld — 'Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. Ya get a sense of it and then you look away.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

So women should wear clothes based on men's reactions??? We need burkas
    no, read my post that you quoted.

IF a lady is going to wear clothes that attract the male eye, then don't complain when it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

IF a lady is going to wear clothes that attract the male eye, then don't complain when it works!

Righty-o. I'll remember to never dress nicely to make myself feel good unless I specifically want to be stared at.

Yours Sincerely,
    A woman whose bust size means that it's baggy t-shirts and ponchos from now on.

P.S. Can gentlemen please refrain from rearranging their genitals in public unless they want people staring as it tends to draw the eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭folbotcar

Another thing women do is to wear a short skirt then become self conscious about it and constantly pull the hem trying to make it longer.

Don't do it. That just draws attention. Play it cool.

kylith wrote: »
    P.S. Can gentlemen please refrain from rearranging their genitals in public unless they want people staring as it tends to draw the eye.

I think you'll find that men don't care if someone sees them doing it though :D

• Advertisement

I think you'll find that men don't care if someone sees them doing it though :D
    Well, they should. No-one wants to see fellas fiddling with themselves in the middle of Jervis.

Righty-o. I'll remember to never dress nicely to make myself feel good unless I specifically want to be stared at.

Yours Sincerely,
    A woman whose bust size means that it's baggy t-shirts and ponchos from now on.

If it draws the eye then men should accept that, but you don't hear to many men complaining, unlike women who wear tops specifically designed to attract looks.

Well, they should. No-one wants to see fellas fiddling with themselves in the middle of Jervis.

Tough, don't look. I don't want to see cleavage, does that mean women can't display it.

Maybe you shouldn't be checking out their crotch, huh :P

Kovalev68 wrote: »
    Tough, don't look. I don't want to see cleavage, does that mean women can't display it.
    Well, don't look at it so.
    Maybe you shouldn't be checking out their crotch, huh :P
    Hey, the point was made that women should hide their figure if they didn't want men looking at them, I'm merely making the point that blokes rearranging their tackle similarly draws the eye (generally because you're thinking 'Is that weirdo having a ****??') and that maybe they could not do it, or maybe they should wear more comfortable underwear or trousers so that they don't get itchy/sweaty/whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

What's everyone arguing about? Boobs are beautiful and they should bring us all together, not tear us apart. :(

Hey, the point was made that women should hide their figure if they didn't want men looking at them, I'm merely making the point that blokes rearranging their tackle similarly draws the eye (generally because you're thinking 'Is that weirdo having a ****??') and that maybe they could not do it, or maybe they should wear more comfortable underwear or trousers so that they don't get itchy/sweaty/whatever.

Well don't look at it so.

If you think someone is having a **** when they are just readjusting themselves I'd suggest reading a book about Sex.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Perhaps you need to pull up your pants and stop touching yourself when walking around in public.
    It's likely to make women feel uncomfortable.

Well, if me masturbating makes them feel uncomfortable they shouldn't sit beside me on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

noticed this too over the recent past, mainly in Ireland rather than the continent as for some reason irish chicks (more than continental) buy and wear an unbelievable amount of cleavage exposing clothes nowadays.

now, so they go to the shop and buy a top that has the tits hanging out and find that grand. Sure modern day Ireland (/US/UK popstar culture) sees boobs as a fashion accessory.
    they put on the top and leave the house with the tits hanging out, grand. Boobs are fashion.

then, if someone notices the tits hanging out, which till now was grand, then its not grand any more and they adjust top/ close cardigan/ or whatever to hide the tits that were up till now grand to be exposed.

makes no sense.
    either you want the puppies out or not. and if not, then buy something that hasnt them hanging out.

Hey, the point was made that women should hide their figure if they didn't want men looking at them
    I don't think that was the point being made. Well I didn't make any point like that anyway.
    I'm merely making the point that blokes rearranging their tackle similarly draws the eye (generally because you're thinking 'Is that weirdo having a ****??') and that maybe they could not do it, or maybe they should wear more comfortable underwear or trousers so that they don't get itchy/sweaty/whatever.
    The big difference here is that when a bloke rearranges his tackle it's not because he's wearing revealing clothing and he doesn't want people looking at his bits, it's purely because he's uncomfortable. When women are pulling up their tops or pulling down their skirts it's because it's too revealing and they don't want people looking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

When women are pulling up their tops or pulling down their skirts it's because it's too revealing and they don't want people looking!
    ExAAAAACTLY!

I don't go out in a mankini because I don't want all the girlies having lustful thoughts.

regardless of how comfy it might be or how good it might make me feel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I don't think that was the point being made. Well I didn't make any point like that anyway.

The big difference here is that when a bloke rearranges his tackle it's not because he's wearing revealing clothing and he doesn't want people looking at his bits, it's purely because he's uncomfortable. When women are pulling up their tops or pulling down their skirts it's because it's too revealing and they don't want people looking!

I thought most women rearranged their clothes when they were sitting uncomfortable too???

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭liz lemoncello

Yes, In my eye line about 8 feet in front of me. hard to miss as she was staring at me as she did it.

And no, I wasn't perving. I just have eyes like a hawk.

Maybe she just wanted to adjust her top discreetly, took a look around to see if anyone noticed and accidentally caught your eye?

Maybe she just wanted to adjust her top discreetly, took a look around to see if anyone noticed and accidentally caught your eye?

Could be also, but there was a look of "what are you looking at" attached

• Closed Accounts Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Caprica6

She was probably annoyed you caught her adjusting herself is all....some women are self conscious like that saying that its not really your fault you caught her doing that.

I thought most women rearranged their clothes when they were sitting uncomfortable too???

But we're talking about women who do it purely because people are looking at their boobs.

Keep up at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

But we're talking about women who do it purely because people are looking at their boobs.

Keep up at the back.

Yeah but the majority of the time, if you see someone looking at your boobs, you'll look at them yourself, realise the top has fallen and but it back to where it was.

Sometimes you notice it without someone looking, sometimes not.

Can't she not wear what she feels comfort and confident in without men feeling they've some right to perve???

Keep up at the back.

How is this confirmed???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Hey, the point was made that women should hide their figure if they didn't want men looking at them

Abso-****ing-lutely.

If I had big hairy arms that I'm subconscious about I wouldn't go out in public in a short-sleeve shirt.

Your options are to magically change the way human brains work, wear clothing you feel comfortable in or stop giving a ****.

Advertisement