Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women adjusting tops in public

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Caprica6

I think men don't really care what we wear not really but all this seems to be either she thought he was staring and didn't like it or she just had an attitude.

Although some of the comments aimed at women on this are just frustrating to read!!! Borderline Chauvinistic even.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Kovalev68

efb wrote: »
    Can't she not wear what she feels comfort and confident in without men feeling they've some right to perve???

No actually they can't, just like women I can't stop women perving at my genitals bulge. I don't have any right to dictate where women can or can't look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Kovalev68 wrote: »
    No actually they can't, just like women I can't stop women perving at my genitals bulge. I don't have any right to dictate where women can or can't look.

You have no self control???

The difference is women don't perv at men's front genitals 0.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Can't she not wear what she feels comfort and confident in without men feeling they've some right to perve???
    Quit it... This is not about anyone's right to perve so don't make it that thread! It's about women who wear their cleavage on display and object to people noticing it.

If you want to feel comfortable you could walk around naked but then everyone would look! If you want to feel confident then you don't wear clothes that clearly don't make you feel confident because you don't want people to look at you!
    How is this confirmed???
    It was confirmed in the first post by the OP who was looking in a window when a woman thought he was checking out her boobs and adjusted her top!
    Caprica6 wrote: »
    They do when men wear tight clothes, I've been witness to female friends doing it lots of times.

• Advertisement

smash wrote: »
    Quit it... This is not about anyone's right to perve so don't make it that thread! It's about women who wear their cleavage on display and object to people noticing it.

It was confirmed in the first post by the OP who was looking in a window when a woman thought he was checking out her boobs and adjusted her top!

He thought that was the reason she adjusted her top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Yeah but the majority of the time, if you see someone looking at your boobs, you'll look at them yourself, realise the top has fallen and but it back to where it was.

Sometimes you notice it without someone looking, sometimes not.

Exactly, you see someone looking at you (male or female) and you become conscious of your appearance. You push your hair back, adjust your stance, pull at your clothes, you do something. It doesn't necessarily mean you're reproving someone for looking at you. Me, I don't really like my arse, so if I see or sense someone looking at me I'll probably stand up straighter, adjust my skirt, something like that. A woman in a low cut top or a woman with a particularly big bust is probably going to be most conscious of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Kovalev68 wrote: »
    Well don't look at it so.

If you think someone is having a **** when they are just readjusting themselves I'd suggest reading a book about Sex.
    I could as easily say that anyone who thinks digging around in their underpants in acceptable in public should read a book on etiquette.

Basically I'm just totally confused by the whole Must Look At Boobies attitude, and the attitude that staring at a woman's chest is ok. I just don't understand it. Ye like boobs, grand. So why is it BOOBIES and not 'oh, look. Some breasts' then continue about your day without leering, staring, or commenting. They're only breasts, like. Half the population has them. It's not like they're a novelty, and it's not just a guy thing, it's definitely a cultural thing; there are entire cultures where the women walk around topless all the time and no-one even notices. ISTR seeing on some documentary a few years ago that these tribal guys found Westerner's attitude to naked bosoms hilarious because as far as they're concerned breasts are of no interest to anyone who has been weaned.

Meh I get men staring at my wrack all the time its uncomfortable at times and I kind of hate it I have to say, mostly I wear something high necked, I opt for lower cut stuff if out with my boyfriend on date nights cause he is there with me and throws of men oggling much and sometime I just go feck it I want to wear what I want.

I just ignore any looks. Figure they must have very limited functions to think beyond boobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

People have eyes. People look at stuff. Isn't that what eyes are for?

• Advertisement

People have eyes. People look at stuff. Isn't that what eyes are for?

True and like obviously sometimes people will glance at stuff, but some times men really stare or point and laugh at your boobs, not all men are like that but its horrible

Don't make it that thread???

The guy admits perving on two females then assumes when one rearranges her top its to stop him looking- even though he said she couldn't see.

Then he degraded their appearance, but I'm making it that thread???

Walk a mile in each others shoes!!!

kylith wrote: »
    Basically I'm just totally confused by the whole Must Look At Boobies attitude, and the attitude that staring at a woman's chest is ok. I just don't understand it. Ye like boobs, grand. So why is it BOOBIES and not 'oh, look. Some breasts' then continue about your day without leering, staring, or commenting.
    Not one person is saying it's ok to stare or leer at someone's chest. People are talking about either having a glance, or even not looking at all and still the woman covering herself up because she thinks people are looking.
    ISTR seeing on some documentary a few years ago that these tribal guys found Westerner's attitude to naked bosoms hilarious because as far as they're concerned breasts are of no interest to anyone who has been weaned.
    And they'd be completely wrong! Breasts have a sexual purpose! Most women like having their breasts fondled, some can even orgasm because of it. You should know this because you have them, not listen some guy from a tribe where they probably only see sex as only pleasurable for men, or even where they believe in fmg like certain tribes do.

The guy admits perving on two females then assumes when one rearranges her top its to stop him looking- even though he said she couldn't see.
    No, he didn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

The big difference here is that when a bloke rearranges his tackle it's not because he's wearing revealing clothing and he doesn't want people looking at his bits, it's purely because he's uncomfortable. When women are pulling up their tops or pulling down their skirts it's because it's too revealing and they don't want people looking!
    And often when a woman rearranges her top it's because something is riding up, or falling down, or is itchy. We don't do everything with the expectation of a male audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

I always have to adjust my cleavage in public

Problem is im a 23 year old male... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Meh I get men staring at my wrack all the time its uncomfortable at times and I kind of hate it I have to say, mostly I wear something high necked, I opt for lower cut stuff if out with my boyfriend on date nights cause he is there with me and throws of men oggling much and sometime I just go feck it I want to wear what I want.

I just ignore any looks. Figure they must have very limited functions to think beyond boobs.

It's tough at the top isn't it!:D

And often when a woman rearranges her top it's because something is riding up, or falling down, or is itchy. We don't do everything with the expectation of a male audience.

Nobody's suggesting that you do. The thread is about women who adjust because they think people are looking at them.

Not one person is saying it's ok to stare or leer at someone's chest. People are talking about either having a glance, or even not looking at all and still the woman covering herself up because she thinks people are looking.

And they'd be completely wrong! Breasts have a sexual purpose! Most women like having their breasts fondled, some can even orgasm because of it. You should know this because you have them, not listen some guy from a tribe where they probably only see sex as only pleasurable for men, or even where they believe in fmg like certain tribes do.

No, he didn't!

Checking out two females breasts

ghogie91 wrote: »
    I always have to adjust my cleavage in public

Problem is im a 23 year old male... :/

Me too, at my age they are starting to sag

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Then he degraded their appearance, but I'm making it that thread???

Hi,
    Am, no I wasn't perving. I would have no interest in either of the ladies. The first one was with her partner and between their two heads I was looking at an xbox advert behind them.

The second lady was at an Ice cream counter which bends in a corner unit, I was at one side with my small son and she was at the other side. To look in at the ice-cream you have to look in over the glass and so was this lady on the other side.

I don't know where you got I was perving, as said in my initial OP neither lady was one to write home about, and I was also out with my family, so that is a non-runner there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭stimpson

Except this is just not true. Women are just as likely to perv at men's bits:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

No, he didn't!

Sorry, didn't know it was unacceptable to pull my top up because I felt like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

They're only breasts, like. Half the population has them. It's not like they're a novelty

You see there in lies the problem, only half the population has them - but they get 2 of them.
    There's plenty to go round if you were just willing to share - but noooooo. It's all these 2 are mine and you're not even allowed to look at them when I have them virtually hanging out.:mad:
    Greed, it has the world ruined!

Checking out two females breasts

From the OP:
    allibastor wrote: »
    The lady then proceeded to pull at her top to cover the top of her cleavage. I found this odd as I was not even looking at her or making eye contact.
    I noticed it happen again at with a lady who was at the opposite side of an ice-cream stand to us.

Checking out two females breasts? Nope!
    Sorry, didn't know it was unacceptable to pull my top up because I felt like it.

Nobody said it was unacceptable... Jesus, what's with all the moody chicks in here today throwing out weird allegations?

Nobody's suggesting that you do. The thread is about women who adjust because they think people are looking at them.

You did:

When women are pulling up their tops or pulling down their skirts it's because it's too revealing and they don't want people looking!

blade1 wrote: »
    It's tough at the top isn't it!:D

Its tough that no matter what I wear there just there, there is nothing I can do about it, I don't mind having them better then nothing but when your working and men come up to you staring even if your wearing high necked stuff its a bit s*itty & at times intimidating!!

stimpson wrote: »
    Except this is just not true. Women are just as likely to perv at men's bits:

Well its not bulges unless some one is wearing stupidly tight pants....I like to look at shoulders 0.0 Dont ask why :/

Hi,
    Am, no I wasn't perving. I would have no interest in either of the ladies. The first one was with her partner and between their two heads I was looking at an xbox advert behind them.

The second lady was at an Ice cream counter which bends in a corner unit, I was at one side with my small son and she was at the other side. To look in at the ice-cream you have to look in over the glass and so was this lady on the other side.

I don't know where you got I was perving, as said in my initial OP neither lady was one to write home about, and I was also out with my family, so that is a non-runner there.

How did you know she was doing it to cover up her breasts then???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Nobody said it was unacceptable... Jesus, what's with all the moody chicks in here today throwing out weird allegations?

Sorry love but it's right here...
    People are talking about either having a glance, or even not looking at all and still the woman covering herself up because she thinks people are looking.

You clearly have a problem me pulling up my top in case I'm revealing too much, why?

Jesus what's with all the sexist men in here making stupid comments?

Advertisement