Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women adjusting tops in public

Options
  • 03-11-2014 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

A thing I have noticed over the weekend while shopping with my family.

Was in a large shopping centre and I was looking at a window of a shop, but there was a lady, her partner and child in my line of sight.
    The lady then proceeded to pull at her top to cover the top of her cleavage. I found this odd as I was not even looking at her or making eye contact.
    I said it to my Mrs as it was odd and she says she does it all the time also if a guy looks in her direction, just in case.

I noticed it happen again at with a lady who was at the opposite side of an ice-cream stand to us. Neither had anything to wrote home about either!!

Ha anyone else noticed this, and if so why do it, why even wear a low top if you need to pull it up every time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Me Gusta

Also, you're a filthy, mucky, disgraceful, misogynistic, sexist pig

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

allibastor wrote: »

Was in a large shopping centre and I was looking at a window of a shop, but there was a lady, her partner and child in my line of sight.
    The lady then proceeded to pull at her top to cover the top of her cleavage. I found this odd as I was not even looking at her or making eye contact.
    I said it to my Mrs as it was odd and she says she does it all the time also if a guy looks in her direction, just in case.

I noticed it happen again at with a lady who was at the opposite side of an ice-cream stand to us. Neither had anything to wrote home about either!!

Ha anyone else noticed this, and if so why do it, why even wear a low top if you need to pull it up every time?

... yet you saw it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Caprica6

Sometimes tops can loosen around the neckline after been in the wash they can slide down a bit showing more then what you want .....I always adjust myself incase, its to avoid embarrassment more then anything

• Registered Users Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Mind ya Business!!!!

Also somethimes when you buy a top you don't realise how low it can be until your put it on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

For the same reason sometimes you might still wear a pair of trousers you have to pull up every so often?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Scannal

Why you going round perving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

The fact that neither had anything to write home about is hardly the point but I do know what you mean. If they feel uncomfortable then cover up.

The most annoying adjustment I've ever seen are strapless tops and dresses and seeing women the whole time yanking them up. Not that I'd be looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Perhaps you need to pull up your pants and stop touching yourself when walking around in public.
    It's likely to make women feel uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

mathie wrote: »
    ... yet you saw it?

Yes, In my eye line about 8 feet in front of me. hard to miss as she was staring at me as she did it.

And no, I wasn't perving. I just have eyes like a hawk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

OP it seems like you notice it because you're actually staring. Maybe it's subconscious, like the way I can't help but look back at a nice arse!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭BBJBIG

Stop gawkin at de wimmins Kabongas ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Maybe you have an unusual face? Like, a bit mad looking or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I like boobies!

That's what this thread is about, right?

Seems like it would be easier to just wear normal t shirts. Then you wouldn't have to adjust your top.

I agree with you but it can accidentaly happen like I don't want kids or people seeing my stuff but you can buy something you really like try it on fine only to find the next time you wear it the fibres have loosened up and its now hanging of you....Generally once that happens me I mend it or bin it....

I never buy strapless stuff I don't trust just elastic to do the job :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭josip

Top adjustment is the same as running her hands through her hair.
    She was flirting with you at a primitive, subconscious level.

smash wrote: »
    OP it seems like you notice it because you're actually staring. Maybe it's subconscious, like the way I can't help but look back at a nice arse!

Maybe sometimes, but in this case 100% not!! I was actually looking behind the family at the Xbox one on display and your ones movement in front caught my eyes as she was looking at me.

It just makes you feel like they think you are actually staring down their tops is all. Even my Mrs had a joke about it, but still made me feel uncomfortable. I was only trying to see how much the xbox was!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It's only a bit of skin .

Women can be weird sometimes

Maybe sometimes, but in this case 100% not!! I was actually looking behind the family at the Xbox one on display and your ones movement in front caught my eyes as she was looking at me.

It just makes you feel like they think you are actually staring down their tops is all. Even my Mrs had a joke about it, but still made me feel uncomfortable. I was only trying to see how much the xbox was!!!!!!

Hahahaha I wouldn't worry about it chances were she thinks shes super fit or self conscious. ..

Gatling wrote: »
    It's only a bit of skin .

Women can be weird sometimes

Bag full of crazy more like but we're just self conscious really...and sometimes some men can leer a lot etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Was there a person in front of her with a Backpack Video Camera? If so, by your reaction alone expect to see yourself in "10 hours of walking through a shopping centre as a woman with her family"

HA, yeah is aw that thread alright.
    Last time I wore pants where my junk was on show I did get a few looks, was told later that it was very noticeable.

Never wore them again.

I just find it odd, In my job I have face to face interviews with people, I Always keep eye contact yet the amount of ladies who wear cleavage out tops and then spend ages pulling them up baffles me.

Great peripheral vision is a god send!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

If I have stuff in my pockets sometimes I need to hike up my jeans. I don't automatically assume someone is staring at my junk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

It's called preening. Basically it's most often a subconscious thing where one fixes their appearance in order to look their best in front of the opposite sex. Same thing with women constantly playing with their hair or lads fixing their suit jacket.

It's called preening. Basically it's most often a subconscious thing where one fixes their appearance in order to look their best in front of the opposite sex. Same thing with women constantly playing with their hair or lads fixing their suit jacket.

From the look I got I doubt that very much. Kind of a "what are you looking at stare"

Just look at my feet may be the answer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

The biggest question here is what was she doing out of the kitchen?

I hope you kept looking at the X box.

No, Looked away when I was stared at. Did go back to looking though once the family moved a bit.

nc19 wrote: »
    The biggest question here is what was she doing out of the kitchen?
    Buying cheese and ham?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Caprica6 wrote: »
    Also somethimes when you buy a top you don't realise how low it can be until your put it on

Have you considered 'trying them on'? I believe some establishments provide changing facilities which are ideal for this purpose.

Advertisement