Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Boards Cycling MeetUp Dundrum"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Uno duce, una voce.

My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Eamonnator wrote: »
    My bad.

the king is dead long live the king

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

soo.. whose up for Sunday!??

So who is out for tomorrow route suggestions for anyone, otherwise I will think up something and finish with something of a proper climb.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I hope to be there, but may be on the clock. Kids Christmas shows and parties are playing havoc with any spare time I have.

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    I hope to be there, but may be on the clock. Kids Christmas shows and parties are playing havoc with any spare time I have.

thinking back roads after kilternan, maybe head into bray, head back toward enniskerry take on that climb that brings you out at enterance to powercourt golf club and top of the village, then taken on foxes again and over to viewing point and back. not sure distance prob looking at 60km if I throw in a little extra.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/593167180

this ok for you guys? can throw in a little extra if needs be

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

See you there, route looks grand

Had a strong head wind on the way out. So didn't make it to ballaly till about ten past and missed you. Tried to play catch up but you must having been doing some pace ;) did 45km.

Toes were very cold today.

ted1 wrote: »
    Had a strong head wind on the way out. So didn't make it to ballaly till about ten past and missed you. Tried to play catch up but you must having been doing some pace ;) did 45km.

Toes were very cold today.

sorry buddy we waited till 5 past then assumed you must not being coming, we actually took it handy enough but 5mins is quiet a head start, got 60km done but changed route a little because of that wind

• Advertisement

manafana wrote: »
    sorry buddy we waited till 5 past then assumed you must not being coming, we actually took it handy enough but 5mins is quiet a head start, got 60km done but changed route a little because of that wind

No problem, it'll teach me to leave earlier next week :) reckoned you'd have left at five past.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Doc07

Well done for keeping up the good work lads. I'm off the crutches and hope to join you again next Sunday.

I try get there for 5 to the hour and thats lives me 5mins grace, then again I am only down road now.

We did this route in end http://www.strava.com/activities/227086224

quiet bit climbing, we didnt go to top of foxes as wind was right at us that way instead went up towards foxes from dundrum side then turned off for blue light then turned back, and followed all way along marley and out towards half way up stocking.

It was pretty cold out there . Will try get out next week as long as ice is not an issue.

Ok forecast for now is mild for this time of year ie NO ICE, and should only be a little rain. So whos in for the last ride of the year?

Any route suggestions otherwise I will come up with something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

manafana wrote: »
    Ok forecast for now is mild for this time of year ie NO ICE, and should only be a little rain. So whos in for the last ride of the year?

Any route suggestions otherwise I will come up with something

I would be interested, but I have not been on a group spin before.

According to Accuweather it's going to be quite warm on Sunday with some rain;

Dublin - http://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/dublin/207931/hourly-weather-forecast/207931?hour=81

Wicklow - http://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/wicklow/211515/hourly-weather-forecast/211515?hour=81

Doesn't look like there will be any ice :)

I would be interested, but I have not been on a group spin before.

According to Accuweather it's going to be quite warm on Sunday with some rain;

Dublin - http://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/dublin/207931/hourly-weather-forecast/207931?hour=81

Wicklow - http://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/wicklow/211515/hourly-weather-forecast/211515?hour=81

Doesn't look like there will be any ice :)

its pretty basic, all you need is your road bike and just give those hills a good go. Its a small group so a good introduction, just keep your line and be aware of others and you be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

I'm in if I can shift this cold I have! Would be disappointed not to get another one in

Tempted to include an early climb up the blue light, one steep part then back down to main road, then wave off back roads to bray, then maybe come back up to enniskerry or go a bit up the long hill turn off for enniskerry, then either go lovers leap or turn off to take enniskerry from east.

From there we can go back roads back to kilternan then if wind is calm plan to accend to foxes and across to the viewing point and down into Rathfarnhamm would be 60-70km depending on few things.

I plan to be back no later than 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Doc07

I'm in...boom let's do it

see you at 9am guys, icey today but Sunday should be fine see you at 9am, depart latest 9.05am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but just wondering is there anything like this for the west Dublin area? Not in a club at the moment and with shift work it would make it hard to make club spins. This seems to have really worked for the South side gang so just was wondering if there was anything similar. Had no luck with the search feature.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bokpaddie

A few of us leave from the Giant store on the Long Mile road every Sat morning at 9:00 for roughly 35km/40km. Feel free to join us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

_DMac_ wrote: »
    Sorry for dragging up an old thread but just wondering is there anything like this for the west Dublin area? Not in a club at the moment and with shift work it would make it hard to make club spins. This seems to have really worked for the South side gang so just was wondering if there was anything similar. Had no luck with the search feature.

Thanks

Hi DMac yes our group has been very successful and is starting to pick up momentum again for 2015 season. I havent heard of any casual groups meeting over your side of the city however if you were to allow say half hour cycle each way to join us on Sundays you are more than welcome.
    Alternatively as bokpaddie has said meets at the Giant store would certainly be closer if Saturday spins suited .

bokpaddie wrote: »
    A few of us leave from the Giant store on the Long Mile road every Sat morning at 9:00 for roughly 35km/40km. Feel free to join us

Cheers bokpaddie. I'd be coming from clonsilla area. Which way would ye head out on ye're spin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bokpaddie

Hey _DMac_

That all depends on who turns up, last Sat we just headed out to Stepaside.

Look forward to seeing you on Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Hey _DMac_

Have you a Strava or map route of your last ride that one could look at?

Hey _DMac_

Cool sounds good. Unfortunately I'm working early sat and Sunday so no spin this weekend but I'm off next weekend so will hopefully get over to you guys then for a spin.

Cheers

Denny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Garzard

Unfortunately wouldn't be able to stick with the group due to flat bars but if I can get myself up early on Sat I wouldn't mind doing my own usual Knocklyon - Sally Gap route, then on the way back stopping to say hello at Stepaside / Johnnie Foxes and have a quick brew if that's where you're all heading?

Good spin this morning about 70ish km for me. Can't make next week but should be there the following week.

• Advertisement

Bringing this back up, I will be heading out 9am on Saturday if there is any interest myself and another boards member will take on anyone who wants head out on group ride.

Advertisement