Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Boards Cycling MeetUp Dundrum"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

manafana wrote: »
    cue a "lets sort out colm18 with a bike thread"

considering last week the CX might be a good move

Also being on cx tyres gives me a perfect excuse if I've nothing in the legs. so yeah, no need to sort me out with a bike :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Its tricky to avoid the hills, we could go upto foxes again and onto viewing point if weather is good then go down into glencree then there is a turn but thats more climbing. We could go past roundwood on similar route as last time>

No it's not :

Dundrum Bray Newcastle Rathnew Rathdrum Laragh Roundwood Bray Shankill Dundrum.

Shorter spin for anyone requiring it would be basically to return from Rathdrum the same way as outward journey and maybe deviate a little closer to home. . .

Anymore ideas ? ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    No it's not :

Shorter spin for anyone requiring it would be basically to return from Rathdrum the same way as outward journey and maybe deviate a little closer to home. . .

Anymore ideas ? ? ?

Do that so climbing or not is fine with me we will get there in end. Forecast is for a dry weekend for now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

No it's not :

Anymore ideas ? ? ?
    I was thinking of something similar Dundrum, enniskerry, kilcoole, delgany, greystones, bray , killiney, carrickmines, kilternan, Dundrum.

But your way keeps away from traffic and lights etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I may join you guys this weekend :) Whats the avg speed, roughly? Any long stops? I need to be back home around 1pm...

• Advertisement

Alek wrote: »
    I may join you guys this weekend :) Whats the avg speed, roughly? Any long stops? I need to be back home around 1pm...

no average speed its not fast paced but not snail either, we tend to wait at any turns off or at top of any testing climbs. I have been back in dundrum by 1 all of the days so should be ok again

I have been back in dundrum by 1 all of the days so should be ok again

Good, thats what I wanted to hear :)

That longer route mentioned earlier including Rathdrum could be a bit tight for a 1pm return to Dundrum.

Shorter option no problem

That longer route mentioned earlier including Rathdrum could be a bit tight for a 1pm return to Dundrum.

Shorter option no problem

cut the route shorter and throw in another foxes test from kilternan for those with an extra 15-20mins?

I might be able to negotiate 2pm with the better half :)

• Advertisement

I might be able to negotiate 2pm with the better half :)

Good stuff . . Best of luck with the negotiations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Dundrum - Templeogue - N81 - Saggart - Newcastle - Celbridge - Maynooth - Straffan - Sallins - Naas - Ballymore Eustace - Blessington - N81 - Templeogue - Dundrum

Pretty flat and easily alterable for time/distance by omitting places like Maynooth and Ballymore Eustace

So how are you all set for Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Lads - I'm going to have to skip Sunday, enjoy the spin.

ted1 wrote: »
    So how are you all set for Sunday?

Ready to rock Teddy boy . . Ready to rock.

Lads - I'm going to have to skip Sunday, enjoy the spin.

Ah thats a pity, thanks for the notice see you next week . .

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Hey lads,

I'm interested in coming out with you this weekend. Quite the newbie, did my first long cycles in years a few weeks ago in spain - 84k & 78k with av speed of around 21k.

Been out on a few shorter spins back home on the new bike. Certainly can manage faster on the flat.

Coming from Phibsborough (Don't worry I'm a southsider true and true ;) )

The cycle across might be beneficial anyway as it takes me awhile to get my breathing in check!

Also a friend is interested too. I'll ensure he's properly equipped.

Here's hoping for good weather!

Are shorter / longer options happening?

Cheers!

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    Hey lads,

I'm interested in coming out with you this weekend. Quite the newbie, did my first long cycles in years a few weeks ago in spain - 84k & 78k with av speed of around 21k.

Been out on a few shorter spins back home on the new bike. Certainly can manage faster on the flat.

Coming from Phibsborough (Don't worry I'm a southsider true and true ;) )

The cycle across might be beneficial anyway as it takes me awhile to get my breathing in check!

Also a friend is interested too. I'll ensure he's properly equipped.

Here's hoping for good weather!

Are shorter / longer options happening?

Cheers!

Great stuff yeah come on over ,will make a call on the day depending on the group re distance.

Cheers see you Sunday

excellent - see you then!

excellent - see you then!

just have a bit of food and warm clothing and you will get on fine sounds like you should be fine

• Advertisement

just have a bit of food and warm clothing and you will get on fine sounds like you should be fine

what clothing are we talking?

Plan on wearing the gabba 2 jersey / jacket with short sleeve base layer, nano flex leg warmers - weather doesnt seem to be set for double digits? is that enough / too much on a longer cycle??

what do you do for food yourself?

cheers

what clothing are we talking?

Plan on wearing the gabba 2 jersey / jacket with short sleeve base layer, nano flex leg warmers - weather doesnt seem to be set for double digits? is that enough / too much on a longer cycle??

cheers

I wear enough that when I set off I dont feel cold, each to there own.

bananas whatever u fancy, an emergency gel normally is good idea, no worries we all here to learn.

Very apt username ;)

OK folks 9.00 am Balally Luas stop Dundrum tomorrow direction Rathnew . .

See yez .

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

I'm heading out early tomorrow so won't be there - have a good one

Me too, sorry guys, next time maybe.

I will be about see you in morning

Well done to everyone today, absolutely brilliant spin ,100k for me, I'd say most of you are close to that aswell.
    Lovely weather, nice stop in Rathnew for sausage rolls ,coffee and a bit of banter.

A special WELL DONE to those who have never cycled that far before and especially for those who really pushed themselves on the way home.

THANKS GUYS yez were great. .

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Doc07

Well done to everyone today, absolutely brilliant spin ,100k for me, I'd say most of you are close to that aswell.
    Lovely weather, nice stop in Rathnew for sausage rolls ,coffee and a bit of banter.

A special WELL DONE to those who have never cycled that far before and especially for those who really pushed themselves on the way home.

THANKS GUYS yez were great. .

Sorry I missed it. I was very jealous looking at the clear sky this morning. Ankle getting better but still on crutches. I'll be out to join you soon again. 100k, fair play for this time of year.

• Advertisement

Doc07 wrote: »
    Sorry I missed it. I was very jealous looking at the clear sky this morning. Ankle getting better but still on crutches. I'll be out to join you soon again. 100k, fair play for this time of year.

I did 91km and that was enough for me, darted off after enniskerry just wanted a hot shower at that stage.

Advertisement