Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Boards Cycling MeetUp Dundrum"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

OK, its nearly that time of the week again, great turn outs over the last 2 weeks, lets keep it going again this weekend , as I said earlier in the week I will be running a short 2 Hour spin group which may suit people who haven't been out with us before or those new to group riding ,there should be a longer spin group also but its fully dependent on people turning up.....

So as usual : 9.00 am Balally Luas Stop opp Dundrum Town Centre

See you Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    OK, its nearly that time of the week again, great turn outs over the last 2 weeks, lets keep it going again this weekend , as I said earlier in the week I will be running a short 2 Hour spin group which may suit people who haven't been out with us before or those new to group riding ,there should be a longer spin group also but its fully dependent on people turning up.....

So as usual : 9.00 am Balally Luas Stop opp Dundrum Town Centre

See you Sunday.

if people can make it for 5mins before 9 that be great as then we can leave much closer to 9 than last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Doc07

See you all on sunday.

Who's coming out in the morning ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭sbs2010

Me

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭useeme

sbs2010 wrote: »
    Me

Me

Me

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭bazzamac

Me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'm out. Heading to Athlone instead

• Advertisement

i should make it home now.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭meisce

Sorry folks won't make it. Kids decided that sleep was optional last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭bazzamac

Sorry wont make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭useeme

Beautiful morning for it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Turned out to be a good morning. Enjoyed the spin and beating the hill that beat me last time. Same time next week 😄

55km clocked up felt like more the wet tires you out, great down hill from stocking lane hope you enjoyed that.

ted1 wrote: »
    Turned out to be a good morning. Enjoyed the spin and beating the hill that beat me last time. Same time next week 😄

Well done for pushing yourself. It's good to rack up the little psychological victories.
    Thanks Lads, enjoyed the spin despite the wet roads and summersault off the bike.

Thanks all, nice spin this morning!

Once again great turn out, thanks guys . Apologies for the slightly disfunctional start, delighted to hear everyone enjoyed the spin once we got going . . .

Roll on next Sunday . . . Well done everyone.

ted1 wrote: »

Great job Ted1 . . You are seeing the benefits of your labours already. Well done man , be proud .

Onward and Upward.

Looking forward to next Sunday already I see. . Love it !! . .

• Advertisement

Doc07 wrote: »
    Thanks Lads, enjoyed the spin despite the wet roads and summersault off the bike.

Thanks for joining us today glad you enjoyed it

Hope you are ok after your aerobatics . .

Cheers

Well done for pushing yourself. It's good to rack up the little psychological victories.

Hope the ankle is ok, at least decent painkillers won't be a problem!

Ok folks , get your maps out ,this coming Sunday's spin is up to you , suggestions welcomed for approx 80k ish flatish spin.

We will see how many options are thrown into the pot and one route will be chosen on Friday evening.

. . .and as always New Comers welcome.

Hope you get dry roads. My ankle had become the size of my head by the time I got home. Nothing broken but soft tissue damage( and a bit of skin missing from my backside!) I will be a couple of weeks off the bike. Great fun hobling around work on cruthes today. Luckily I have an automatic car or I'd be grounded.

I'll see you all again hopefully soon. Stay safe out there.

Ok folks , get your maps out ,this coming Sunday's spin is up to you , suggestions welcomed for approx 80k ish flatish spin.

We will see how many options are thrown into the pot and one route will be chosen on Friday evening.

. . .and as always New Comers welcome.

poggio repeats :)

manafana wrote: »
    poggio repeats :)

What part of "flatish spin" did you not understand :confused:

Hope you get dry roads. My ankle had become the size of my head by the time I got home. Nothing broken but soft tissue damage( and a bit of skin missing from my backside!) I will be a couple of weeks off the bike. Great fun hobling around work on cruthes today. Luckily I have an automatic car or I'd be grounded.

I'll see you all again hopefully soon. Stay safe out there.

Hopefully it clears up quickly, good to hear nothing broken.

What part of "flatish spin" did you not understand :confused:

Its tricky to avoid the hills, we could go upto foxes again and onto viewing point if weather is good then go down into glencree then there is a turn but thats more climbing. We could go past roundwood on similar route as last time>

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

My bike will be in the shop for at least another week...I might come out on my cx bike although the tyres are slow as on the road.

• Advertisement

colm18 wrote: »
    My bike will be in the shop for at least another week...I might come out on my cx bike although the tyres are slow as on the road.

cue a "lets sort out colm18 with a bike thread"

considering last week the CX might be a good move

Advertisement