Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Boards Cycling MeetUp Dundrum"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Carpenter wrote: »
    Well we had the best spin ever the 3 off us so there .

Great stuff .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Great spin out lads.. been a while since I got a few hills in so really enjoyed it!
    Will be sure to get out again..

Neil(white felt)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

I think I need some more miles in my legs to fully appreciate your "sweet kickers"!! Really enjoyed the route and company thanks

to be fair we did do a little bit of the long hill before heading back so we got our sweet kick out of that

I had the Sensa, for those who dont know me. really enjoyed the road back from roundwood till i had to do the pojjo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

manafana wrote: »
    to be fair we did do a little bit of the long hill before heading back so we got our sweet kick out of that

I had the Sensa, for those who dont know me. really enjoyed the road back from roundwood till i had to do the pojjo
    True!! David on the black/lumo green Rose

So this was todays outing . . . .

http://www.strava.com/activities/217470317

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zindicato

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    So this was todays outing . . . .

http://www.strava.com/activities/217470317

might join you guys next time there ( folowed you and colm18 there on strava if thats ok ):o

some are away with the cross cycling next week, but if weathers like today will have get in another spin.

Spin Next Sunday 16th Nov 9.00 am Balally Luas

Due to Cyclo cross next Sunday I propose the following , as I need to be back in Dundrum for 11.15

2 hour easy , may be more suitable for those who haven't been out with us yet or new to group riding. Easy pace too max 25 kph.

No one will be left behind & of course we could squeeze in a quick coffee too . .

Oh and obviously all the usual suspects are welcome too however you may want to go further I'm sure

Anyone interested please register your interest here so as I can get an indication of numbers . .

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I was another member of carpenter's meeting-at-the-wrong-spot spin :-) worked out well as we only did around fifty k, my missus was having contractions when I got back and now I've got a new baby girl :-)

Won't be seeing you next Sunday :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭bazzamac

Spin Next Sunday 16th Nov 9.00 am Balally Luas

Due to Cyclo cross next Sunday I propose the following , as I need to be back in Dundrum for 11.15

2 hour easy , may be more suitable for those who haven't been out with us yet or new to group riding. Easy pace too max 25 kph.

No one will be left behind & of course we could squeeze in a quick coffee too . .

Oh and obviously all the usual suspects are welcome too however you may want to go further I'm sure

Anyone interested please register your interest here so as I can get an indication of numbers . .

Cheers
    Am off so will definitely be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

quozl wrote: »
    I was another member of carpenter's meeting-at-the-wrong-spot spin :-) worked out well as we only did around fifty k, my missus was having contractions when I got back and now I've got a new baby girl :-)

Congrats

Ah sorry we missed you , congratulations on the new arrival. . Chat soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

And you said sure she will be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Doc07

I'll join you this Sunday. Also interested in doing a bit more after Bikerbhoy returns to Dundrum at 11. I have a 4 hour pass form the missus to get full value out of!

Doc07 wrote: »
    I'll join you this Sunday. Also interested in doing a bit more after Bikerbhoy returns to Dundrum at 11. I have a 4 hour pass form the missus to get full value out of!

Very good jez 4 hrs fair oul spin for this time of year great stuff .
    One that comes to mind would be Dundrum Kilternan Shankill Bray Greystones Rathnew Rathdrum Laragh Roundwood Ballinastoe Djouce Enniskerry Dundrum

I'm on for Sunday too and would prefer a little longer than being back at 11....bikerbhoys suggested longer route, eh, not so sure!! Something around the 70k would do me grand!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

I'll be doing the cx on Sunday so won't be there - here's a nice 70k (take out the Kippure climb if you want less hills) http://www.strava.com/activities/156136464

I'm on for Sunday too and would prefer a little longer than being back at 11....bikerbhoys suggested longer route, eh, not so sure!! Something around the 70k would do me grand!!

Do what we did last Sunday super route bang on 70 k (for me anyway).

I was thinking of once in enniskerry taking on glencree then droppng back over miltary road

I was thinking of once in enniskerry taking on glencree then droppng back over miltary road

Dundrum Marley Kilmashogue Roundybout Rockbrook View point Military Road straight on at turn for Glencree next left to Waterfall The Wall Enniskerry Kilternan left John Foxes left Burrow road Dundrum . . .Pints

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Garzard

Should be free this Sunday for a spin, but if it's still drop-bars only, I'm unfortunately stuck with a flat-bar hybrid at the moment.

Garzard wrote: »
    Should be free this Sunday for a spin, but if it's still drop-bars only, I'm unfortunately stuck with a flat-bar hybrid at the moment.

Yeah sorry drop bar only, it is a rule that has to be adhered to I'm afraid.

Could you get a loan of a bike ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I hope to make this week again, but can't commit till Saturday.

Sounds good to me. I'll go with the flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Garzard

Yeah sorry drop bar only, it is a rule that has to be adhered to I'm afraid.

Could you get a loan of a bike ?

No issues, safety first really. Even if I could get a loan off someone, I've virtually no practice on dedicated road bikes - with the change in posture etc, I'd really need to get the feel for using them before taking part in any future group spins or sportives.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

does any one have a route for sunday? Strava/gamrin etc?

Maybe around

godtabh wrote: »
    does any one have a route for sunday? Strava/gamrin etc?

Maybe around

There may be a couple of options for this Sunday, I will be leading a 2 hrs ish spin as I need to be back in Dundrum for 11.15 for the cross, but there may be folk intending to stay out a bit longer some routes discussed here earlier in the week .

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭meisce

I'm working Sunday morning until 0830 so if ye are passing through Stepaside again I might meet ye there.
    Will let you know for certain Saturday evening.

I'm on for the longer one, either Bikerbhoys suggestion, or manafana's or whatever. Anything in the region of 70/80 is good with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭sbs2010

I'll come out for this. Will probably stick with BikerBhoy's shorter spin.

Advertisement