Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Boards Cycling MeetUp Dundrum"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,307 ✭✭✭✭ted1

manafana wrote: »
    I did 91km and that was enough for you, darted off after enniskerry just wanted a hot shower at that stage.

I turned off at kilternan, but with my journey out to ballaly I reckon I hit the 100. My longest spin yet.

Well done all,

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Hey lads,

Really enjoyed my first proper road spin here

Great company, weather was perfect.

Thanks Bikerbhoy for getting me up that hill!

Anyone still on the fence about coming out should, comfortable pace with encouragement - noone gets left behind.

Ended up around the 120 coming from phibsborough

Tired now to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    Hey lads,

Anyone still on the fence about coming out should, comfortable pace with encouragement - noone gets left behind.

120 . . great job you take the honours for today so.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Hope to see you out again next week.

Well done

ted1 wrote: »
    I turned off at kilternan, but with my journey out to ballaly I reckon I hit the 100. My longest spin yet.

Well done all,

Good man Ted flying today you were , 3rd week on the trot , improving every week . .

GOLD STAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TripleMinor

Hey lads,

Cheers again for organising. Really enjoyed it.

Was 5k short of 100 when i got home so had to do a few laps around my area.

First time over 100 for me..definitely feeling it now.

Hoping this weather continues for a while so we can keep it going.

Use a referral link when purchasing a Tesla and get free Supercharging KMs https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/stephen958732

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Cheers again for organising. Really enjoyed it.

Was 5k short of 100 when i got home so had to do a few laps around my area.

First time over 100 for me..definitely feeling it now.

Hoping this weather continues for a while so we can keep it going.

you were going strong anyway tired legs or not picking it up for sure, my legs ok but cold was getting to me at end. Bikerbhoy is great man for looking after newbies

Morning all , hope everyone who came out on last Sunday's ramble are well rested and looking forward to our next outing.

As this group has become fairly established now with a core group of regulars , can I ask anyone who has already been out or intends to join us over the coming weeks to forward on to me your contact details via pm.

Going forward this will be used to send out group texts etc for any reason route changes , cancelled spins etc , obviously we will keep thread going on here to keep all those thousands of lurkers up to date with proceedings you never know hopefully we can encourage some of them to join us in the future.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    Morning all , hope everyone who came out on last Sunday's ramble are well rested and looking forward to our next outing.

As this group has become fairly established now with a core group of regulars , can I ask anyone who has already been out or intends to join us over the coming weeks to forward on to me your contact details via pm.

Going forward this will be used to send out group texts etc for any reason route changes , cancelled spins etc , obviously we will keep thread going on here to keep all those thousands of lurkers up to date with proceedings you never know hopefully we can encourage some of them to join us in the future.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Great work as usual, for anyone who hasn't come out before its good one for people to learn new routes and get used to cycling in a mid sized group. I have been cycling 3-4yrs now and only going places for first time thanks to bikerbhoys routes.

. . . .oh and another thing , if anyone has any questions or queries regarding the group rides, that for any reason may no not want to ask publicly in the forum please do feel free to PM me any time . . No Worries.

So its route time again, jez where are the weeks going ??

In light of current plummeting temps I suggest we stay low again this week, although currently Sundays forecast doesn't look too bad .

What do yez think of this ....

http://www.strava.com/routes/1191557

Whos in ???

• Advertisement

yeah I'm in - flat suits me.. could defo go for a few K less than the planned route..but I'll go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

I'm tempted to head down and vist ye... Would need Mrs Saver's permission though

yeah I'm in - flat suits me.. could defo go for a few K less than the planned route..but I'll go for it!

Great stuff . . we can always head straight back in N81 and drop the right in Blessington if folk are under pressure we will see how things pan out.

See you Sunday.

So its route time again, jez where are the weeks going ??

In light of current plummeting temps I suggest we stay low again this week, although currently Sundays forecast doesn't look too bad .

What do yez think of this ....

http://www.strava.com/routes/1191557

Whos in ???

I'd cut it little shorter and not head into Naas? anyone interested in climbing seskin rather than sticking to main road?

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/copy/588695566/

suggested route about 80km? can do it either way round, flatish 2 cat climbs and one though hill outside rathcoole

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I'm in two minds, trying to decide between a spin with Orwell Wheelers that morning, or you lot!! I think I will head with you lot, count me in. I'm on for BikerBoys route, manafana's is not showing me anything on chrome on my machine.

I'm in two minds, trying to decide between a spin with Orwell Wheelers that morning, or you lot!! I think I will head with you lot, count me in. I'm on for BikerBoys route, manafana's is not showing me anything on chrome on my machine.

this should work mapping is bit akward

https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/53.2849301,-6.240537/53.2743582,-6.404956/53.2752829,-6.4170513/53.236155,-6.4537078/53.2034705,-6.4629775/Blessington/53.2143066,-6.6503199/Kill/53.2658786,-6.5150508/53.2753091,-6.4258141/@53.2849588,-6.428667,13z/data=!4m22!4m21!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x48679d206e90e7c9:0xa00c7a99731d540!2m2!1d-6.5340687!2d53.1696579!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x4867782e98c93587:0xa00c7a9973188d0!2m2!1d-6.5905306!2d53.2487063!1m0!1m0!3e1

will work out about 75km-80km

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/copy/588695566/

suggested route about 80km? can do it either way round, flatish 2 cat climbs and one though hill outside rathcoole

Lets not muddy the waters with different routes, lets stick with my route for this week, as people are familiar with this terrain and it also gives shorter route options if people (possibly me this week) are under time pressure.

I let you pick next week, I promise.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Lets not muddy the waters with different routes, lets stick with my route for this week, as people are familiar with this terrain and it also gives shorter route options if people (possibly me this week) are under time pressure.

Uno duce, una voce.

• Advertisement

Was only a suggestion anyway, pushing 90km again might be a push for me if its cold again

Was only a suggestion anyway, pushing 90km again might be a push for me if its cold again

Thats why I have given 2 shorter options either return at Blessington / return after loop into Naast at Blessington / or do full route . ..

Nobody is forced to do anything they don't feel up to or have time for . .

Wherever possible there are always get out points on my routes . .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,307 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Was really looking forward to it, but I'm going to have to pull out if this Sunday's spin.

I had a little spill last night. Came off the bike at about 9pm turning into my estate. The back wheel slipped out on some frosted tarmac on the turn. The end result is a large bruise and swelling on the top of me leg just below the hip.
    Nothing to bad but a literally a pain in the ass to walk/ hobble. Should be ok for the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zindicato

might drop in for this tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zindicato

sorry guys cant make it my son was up 3x last night crying feeli lke doing th same thing right now enjoy the psin see yas next time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Tired this evening. 90km earlier, good fun!!

The route we did for anyone interested

http://www.strava.com/activities/224798026

delayed post - another enjoyable spin last sunday.

looking forward to another one this weekend

Ok folks due to various commitments , work , this , that and the other I am afraid I am unable to commit to the group for the next few weeks.

Due to the super commitment of a few of you a core group has formed and I hope you can keep spins going into the new year when I hope to return to prepare for 2015 .

Well done to everyone to date , Enjoy the spins and stay safe , see you soon. . .

• Advertisement

Ok folks due to various commitments , work , this , that and the other I am afraid I am unable to commit to the group for the next few weeks.

Due to the super commitment of a few of you a core group has formed and I hope you can keep spins going into the new year when I hope to return to prepare for 2015 .

Well done to everyone to date , Enjoy the spins and stay safe , see you soon. . .

Depending on the forecast for this Sunday I am happy to take over the leadership on this one and invite anyone new to come along.

Just bring your bike and keep pedalling and learn some new routes.

Advertisement