Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Boards Cycling MeetUp Dundrum"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

back on topic guys, no need to argue see you Sunday as long as its dry

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

Hopefully going to make this one too.

Re: Drop bars. If I'm to wade into this as someone who spent 4 years on flat bar (Giant Rapid) I always got miffed when I saw the "no flat bar" rules, but left it at that. If they are the rules, they are the rules. A lot of flat bar people I knew who wanted to get into club spins saw the rule as saying "your not as fast", or you're not a "real road cyclist", or snobbery. It's a defensive reaction.

As someone mentioned, the comfort argument is subjective, but if the club/group is concerned about safety, you can't argue against that and their rules. Deep down, you probably want a road bike too anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Well folks.. gonna tag along on this one if its Ok.. Defiantly a lurker in these parts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Good morning all, Happy Friday.

Thanks to all who participated is yesterdays discussion and especially to those who created some clarity regarding opinions expressed.

Cheers Guys . .

Don't forget this Sunday 9 Bells Balally Luas stop , Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Is it possible to make a route (which can be exported in GPX format) on Garmin Connect, or Strava?

So we can download it and put it into our Garmins, so we know where to go.

Just a suggestion.

• Advertisement

Is it possible to make a route (which can be exported in GPX format) on Garmin Connect, or Strava?

Just a suggestion.

bikerbhoy takes you up all parts, we always wait at turns or corners, and if in doubt head to enniskerry.

Just a suggestion.

Sorry man I'm old skool, I aint really into all that, however someone else on here may be able to do that for you .

Dont worry nobody will get left behind or lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭meisce

Right lads I'll try again this Sunday. Hopefully I will join the rigth group this time :-)

meisce wrote: »
    Right lads I'll try again this Sunday. Hopefully I will join the rigth group this time :-)

Cool, so you going to meet us in Stepaside then yeah ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Thanks for organising Bikerbhoy, I'm going to join the merry crew. See you all Sunday morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭meisce

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    Cool, so you going to meet us in Stepaside then yeah ?

Yeah I'll be the guy on a Blue/Black Trek outside to old Garda station asking everyone who passes if they are the boards group.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

OK guys let's keep the momentum going here.

Group spin next Sunday 9th Nov meeting Balally Luas stop, departing 9.00 am 20 - 25 k pace

All Welcome

ROUTE : Enniskerry Djouce Ballinastoe Roundwood back via Calary with one or two little surprises to keep us warm.

Something Like this?

http://www.strava.com/routes/1136566

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

You'll need a mountain bike for that route.:D

Might try and join in on Sunday.

Looks like we might be lucky and get the drier of the two days tomorrow 23% chance of rain , as opposed to 100% right now . .oh look would you believe that , it's raining . .

Looks like we might be lucky and get the drier of the two days tomorrow 23% chance of rain , as opposed to 100% right now . .oh look would you believe that , it's raining . .

checking rain charts which are usually ok within 24hours, seems like any Sunday rain will be later in the day. Only thing is todays rain will have left any back roads a little damp.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

No rain till 3. Windguru is genreally pretty spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

I might be able to make this with a friend thanks for the update on strava Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

ted1 wrote: »
    No rain till 3. Windguru is genreally pretty spot on

I would interpret that as meaning after 12h and up until 15h there will be 0.1mm of rain. Not that it won't start raining until 15h.

Cracking morning . . . Let's be having yez

• Advertisement

So where did you lot meet up we were under the bridge in Dundrum opppppps we were at the wrong place I guess.

Carpenter wrote: »
    So where did you lot meet up we were under the bridge in Dundrum opppppps we were at the wrong place I guess.

ballinteer luas stop as in orignal post,

i lost colm and the guys on descent in kilmasogue we came back up but missed you i think

Thanks to everyone who turned up this morning , nice group , steady pace coffee and hills.
    Perfect Sunday morning spin

Well Done everyone.

Thanks for organising bikerbhoy. Manafana led me astray, but got me home too!!

Carpenter wrote: »

Balally Luas stop is the meeting point . . Sorry we missed you

Thanks for organising bikerbhoy. Manafana led me astray, but got me home too!!

Pity, you missed a couple of sweet kickers on the last leg . . Thanks for coming out

Pity, you missed a couple of sweet kickers on the last leg . . Thanks for coming out

I think I need some more miles in my legs to fully appreciate your "sweet kickers"!! Really enjoyed the route and company thanks

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Great spin today, and a great group of 10 or so. Really felt the last 20k . Didn't get many names, I was in the Thinkbike jersey, on the black boardman.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I could think of another name for them.....

Brian ( black and blue cube)

• Advertisement

Well we had the best spin ever the 3 off us so there .

Advertisement