Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman killed, 7 injured in garda chase outside Kildare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Innocentlygoing about her day! Adding to and benefiting her family and community and society!

Those five bastards will have all their medical and court expenses paid for by us ordinary people just like the unfortunate woman they murdered! They will be a burden on the state while they will always seek to steal and burgle our homes. They will most likely bring cases against the state and Gardai for compensation for their injuries and win.

It is about time for one of the few american police policy's I believe in, and these ****s can be driven into the barriers or into the ditch to stop them, even if it kills them they are committing a crime so if they die it is their own tough luck!

Time to protect the public at large!

i seriously hope they are put away but if that happens it has to be after a fair trial and that means they need proper legal representation.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Red Cloud

Should read 8.30 PM.
    Point stands.
    How does her manslaughter drop below story on technical group in Dáil and David Cameron blah blah.
    It's a story broke to most people this morning. We have lost our ability to care enough about the increasing levels of criminal violence and indifference to the sanctity of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Red Cloud wrote: »
    How does her manslaughter drop below story on technical group in Dáil and David Cameron blah blah..

How many people do you reckon hadn't heard about it by half 5 this evening?
    does telling them the same thing over and over as the main news story really make that much of a difference?

Is how much people care measured by the length of time RTE have the story first on the news?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

How many people do you reckon hadn't heard about it by half 5 this evening?
    does telling them the same thing over and over as the main news story really make that much of a difference?

Is how much people care measured by the length of time RTE have the story first on the news?

You have to keep them outraged, d'you see? Those flaming pitchforks aren't going to brandish themselves.

That's the problem with this country. Can't even organise a angry mob...

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,821 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Should read 8.30 PM.
    Point stands.
    How does her manslaughter drop below story on technical group in Dáil and David Cameron blah blah.
    It's a story broke to most people this morning. We have lost our ability to care enough about the increasing levels of criminal violence and indifference to the sanctity of life.
    It's the top story on the 6o'c news on RTE tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,987 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Grayson wrote: »
    i seriously hope they are put away but if that happens it has to be after a fair trial and that means they need proper legal representation.
    exactly. and to add to that, i wouldn't be looking to america for our policing methods either

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

exactly. and to add to that, i wouldn't be looking to america for our policing methods either

Why not exactly

We don't have joint enterprise , which in these situations all 5 in the car would be charged in connection with the death .

Also the American's would use the car as a deadly weapon when charging suspects involved in vehicular homicide

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

Shady Tady wrote: »
    If they had robbed your house you'd be singing a different tune, pathetic post! RIP to the woman who died and thoughts are with her family.
    When my house was robbed they did not bother to come out!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Shady Tady

Anita M. wrote: »
    When my house was robbed they did not bother to come out!

horse****e!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

Want to come and take a look? I am sure you are a garda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,987 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

horse****e!
    well Anita M. says otherwise. so no it isn't

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Anita M. wrote: »
    Want to come and take a look? I am sure you are a garda.

No thanks, I don't believe you tell us the real story, don't think you will

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Red Cloud

Guy Incognito

A beautiful human life was wiped away last night by thugs fleeing apprehension for crimes committed against decent people in our community.
    Can any of us know of the devastation caused to families and friends of this innocent woman and the permanent terrible gap her absence will leave in their lives?
    So if it's ok with you, yes I would like to see the story of her tragedy dominate the news at 5pm today on Drivetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

This story makes me feel sick with anger. When are some serious laws going to be brought into Ireland. These "youths" or scumbags, which I believe is the correct term, have no fear and im sure, no remorse!

Absolutely disgusting! Shame on them and shame on their parents!

I know plenty of scumbags from decent families. Some people are just that, scumbags, nothing to do with their parents or families.

There are plenty of laws in Ireland. It's the application of them (or not) is the problem.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    There are plenty of laws in Ireland. It's the application of them (or not) is the problem.

The courts are full with scum and so are the prisons we have a serious high % of scum in this country and all we do is top them up with payments from hardworking people! Who they then go out an victimise and then we give them free legal aid to get off!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Guy Incognito

A beautiful human life was wiped away last night by thugs fleeing apprehension for crimes committed against decent people in our community.
    Can any of us know of the devastation caused to families and friends of this innocent woman and the permanent terrible gap her absence will leave in their lives?
    So if it's ok with you, yes I would like to see the story of her tragedy dominate the news at 5pm today on Drivetime.
    Your being very melodramatic Tbh, there's very little to be gained by repeating the same thing over and over. Most people listening to the radio at that time would have listened in the morning or heard it already. At what point do you deem it acceptable to move it down the list? There was very little new information through the day, the just repeated the same script over and over. It's not going to make anyone feel better that they are repeating how dead she is for longer.

Two people were murdered in their home yesterday morning, should those two "beautiful human lives " also be the top story too? At what stage does she bump them off it?

You will find the majority of scumbags are from scumbag families! No normal person with respect for other peoples lives would do what these "youths" done!

The guards are afraid of the "youths", the "youths" are not afraid of the guards - that's the problem!

Why do you think the guards are "afraid"?

• Advertisement

You will find the majority of scumbags are from scumbag families! No normal person with respect for other peoples lives would do what these "youths" done!

The guards are afraid of the "youths", the "youths" are not afraid of the guards - that's the problem!

Why are you putting youths in inverted commas?

Maybe a majority do come from scumbag families but you don't know these peoples specific families so it's hardly fair to blame them when you know nothing about them

The courts are full with scum and so are the prisons we have a serious high % of scum in this country and all we do is top them up with payments from hardworking people! Who they then go out an victimise and then we give them free legal aid to get off!

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I fully agree that the courts and prisons are full to bursting - the problem is that the systems can't cope and they either aren't given sentences in the first place, or if they are they only serve a fraction of it.

I'm not calling for lock-them-up-and-throw-away-the-key, but there has to be some sort of a deterrent if they're caught at **** like this, and there just isn't.

When I said the problem is with the application of laws, I meant from a sentencing point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Why are you putting youths in inverted commas?

Maybe a majority do come from scumbag families but you don't know these peoples specific families so it's hardly fair to blame them when you know nothing about them

What other type of people would have a 13 year old with them on the rob.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I work for a company who owns a big Spar shop in another town and Petrol forecourt. 3 or 4 times a week they are robbed in the middle of the day by 12/13/14 year old travelling scumers.

They walk in in broad daylight, whilst the "parents" wait outside. Not wearing anything to conceal their identity as brazen as you could be and proceed to fill their pockets and carrier bags. Anything that comes to their hands as they walk by and nothing in particular. If caught or challenged they simply drop the carrier bag and scatter. This Spar is also directly across the road from a Garda station. I have seen the CCTV and have it on my phone and you wouldn't believe it if you seen it.
    They have absolutely no regard for anyone or any law.

Scum is an absolute understatement. In the 28 years of my life I have yet to have one positive or indeed neutral dealing with a traveller be it male or female, young or old.

For anyone looking for justice : Padraig Nally was sentenced to 6 years for defending his property in shooting dead John Frog Ward who had 80 convictions and 38 court appearances. I don't think there is such a word when it comes to travelers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Chain gang for the basterds!! :mad:

JillyQ wrote: »
    What other type of people would have a 13 year old with them on the rob.

Your post has nothing to do with mine so I've no idea why you quoted me

Because I know a guard who was called to the house of an old lady who's house was robbed and the 'robber' threatened the guards daughter and he was never convicted for the robbery because of it! Straight from the guard's wife's mouth!

So he represents all gardai and all gardai investigations, if it was my daughter he threatened he'd do time for the burglary and the threat and that would be what the vast majority of gardai would do in a heartbeat!

• Advertisement

So he represents all gardai and all gardai investigations, if it was my daughter he threatened he'd do time for the burglary and the threat and that would be what the vast majority of gardai wod do!

A friend of a friend of a friend said... So it must be true.

Advertisement