Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman killed, 7 injured in garda chase outside Kildare

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Hitchens wrote: »
    Chain gang for the basterds!! :mad:

Chain gang? They'll sue for being endangered/injured for "just not paying the toll", They'll claim it was just "racist gards" discriminating against them for being Travvelers and over-reacting to them not paying €3.. And most likely, they'll win. Unless the Gards have concrete proof they were out robbing, which I doubt they have tbh. The four others will claim off the drivers insurance for "being in an acident" and will all get big payouts.

Chain gang me hole. It will be ca-ching. It always is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/garda-cars-not-fit-for-purpose-1.1975710

worth a read if you are looking for some one to really blame , after all scumbags will always be scumbags , if you want the gardai to police them for f ss sake give them the tools to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Very sad what happened to that poor woman.

Those picks deserve to be chopped up and fed to dogs.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 28,987 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

its like that in many countries. difference is they are good at hiding the problem. we have the laws. we just don't have enough of the people to enforce them

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I send my sincere condolences to the womans family and friends.

This should not have happened but sadly did and hopefully something good can come from it after things have been investigated, I know nothing good will but there is always hope.

The Irish police force along with the UK are cutting costs where ever they can with the likes of purchasing a sh1t load of ford connects which are in no way suitable to get Gardai on any scene safely, we now have a sh1t load of light Hyundai vehicles bought and more on the way and I just can't get my mind around it.

Gardai and any police force for that matter should be equipped with suitable vehicles and should be trainned at how to handle their vehicles and so on..

Free legal aid and the whole justice system has to be overhauled big time.

These absolute scum and robbing backstards will always get away with it so in some ways the chase seems pointless as they will just continue what they do.

These criminals are career criminals and best way to explain it is this is their life and their job they make money at what they do and that is terrorise people and ruin lives.

Hope some day they break into the wrong house and last thing they see is a barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭markc2951

thats terrible may she rest in peace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,375 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Chain gang? They'll sue for being endangered/injured for "just not paying the toll", They'll claim it was just "racist gards" discriminating against them for being Travvelers and over-reacting to them not paying €3.. And most likely, they'll win. Unless the Gards have concrete proof they were out robbing, which I doubt they have tbh. The four others will claim off the drivers insurance for "being in an acident" and will all get big payouts.

Chain gang me hole. It will be ca-ching. It always is.

Yeah I am sure they have insurance.

Padraig Nally was sentenced to 6 years

and he deserved every bit of it.
    for defending his property in shooting dead John Frog Ward who had 80 convictions and 38 court appearances.

he wasn't "defending his property" . he shot a man who was leaving the property and then beat the **** out of him on the ground. but as the man shot happened to be a traveler, or a traveler who had convictions Nally was "defending his property" . you couldn't make it up. Nally got what he deserved, a shame he was released but he served something

irishgeo wrote: »

If the drivers does or doesn't we all pay in the end as they will go through the un insured drivers board and if the recent claims against the likes of Dublin Bus and others even when not at fault and millions paid out I just can't understand the sue for everything culture here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭Hitchens

he wasn't "defending his property" . he shot a man who was leaving the property and then beat the **** out of him on the ground. but as the man shot happened to be a traveler, or a traveler who had convictions Nally was "defending his property" . you couldn't make it up. Nally got what he deserved, a shame he was released but he served something
    so did frog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

so did frog

Touchee.

Totally off topic but he made the mistake of shooting him in the back.

Shoot once make it count second shot warning shot;)

Best method with these types as that man( scum bag) was and only right he made the farmers life hell and plenty of others around.

Yes some will say my thinking is wrong but hey thats my opinion.

irishgeo wrote: »

Really? You can bet they did. If i see a 141 or 142 big, shiny, white saloon car of any type, I always think - "Travvelers". Or 141/142 black Polos. They adore insurance. They pay it happily. Why not, sure they get far more than they give. They play the game to a tee. They'll play it this time too, no doubt. Insurance is the best thing ever invented in their eyes. It's like the Lotto, only with waay better odds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

1000 Gardai injured on duty per year. That's 10% of frontline workers. Can't see how you can accuse them of being afraid, unless you think all those injuries are from staying away from criminals.

1000 Gardai injured on duty per year. That's 10% of frontline workers. Can't see how you can accuse them of being afraid, unless you think all those injuries are from staying away from criminals.

They stay away from certain groups. Others, not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

He shot a man after coming upon him going from the front door of his house and around to the back and basically hanging around his farm yard. This was the 2nd time in as many weeks Frog had visited and looked around the farm. I would imagine Nally knew this man was a traveler by looking at him and also knew he wasn't popping around for tea and a chat.

He shot at him and hit target after which a struggle ensued. The man fled towards his car where his son was waiting, Nally followed him and shot him again. Killing him.

I would have done the same. And I probably would have shot the scummer son also.

You can say he shot a man leaving his property and technically you are right. He shot a man with 80 convictions and 38 court appearances. Some would say Nally was a good judge of character.

I'll directly quote Nally : what happened on my farm – and what followed – had nothing whatsoever to do with Travellers. It was just me and another man….I felt I was under threat and in danger and I acted on the spur of the moment. A man lost his life that day and I’m sorry for the family of John Ward but I didn’t get up that morning thinking I was going to kill someone. I’m not that sort of person. I didn’t go looking for trouble. Trouble came looking for me.’

• Advertisement

If only the courts worked as quick and efficient as the new water meter installations

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm not calling for lock-them-up-and-throw-away-the-key, but there has to be some sort of a deterrent if they're caught at **** like this, and there just isn't.

There is.

Lock-them-up-and-throw-away-the-key.

Fuck them.

Cost could be halved if we used them as filling in the water meter installations only thought that one up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

So much wrong with that post. I could pick it apart, but Lord Trollington has done an excellent job doing just that a few posts above.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

If only the courts worked as quick and efficient as the new water meter installations

but what would pay for the villas in bulgaria or the apartment in marbella.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

For anyone that has skipped to the end of this, I'll sum up what has come so far:

Blaming Gardai.
    Blaming Gardai resources.
    Chain gangs.
    Supermax prisons.
    Corporal punishment/death penalty.
    Knackers.
    Frog Ward.
    People that defend travellers to the fucking end.
    Pauric McNally.
    Irish Water.

so did frog
    he didn't

He shot a man after coming upon him going from the front door of his house and around to the back and basically hanging around his farm yard. This was the 2nd time in as many weeks Frog had visited and looked around the farm. I would imagine Nally knew this man was a traveler by looking at him and also knew he wasn't popping around for tea and a chat.

he had no evidence that he wasn't "popping around for tea and a chat"
    He shot at him and hit target after which a struggle ensued. The man fled towards his car where his son was waiting, Nally followed him and shot him again. Killing him.

exactly, he murdered him after he left the property. had he shot him once on the property and he died, that may have been a different story. but he followed him and shot him again. so frankly i've no sympathy for the murdering vermin. the only reason he got away with the sympathy vote was because the man he shot was a traveler
    I would have done the same. And I probably would have shot the scummer son also.

good, then we could lock you up for the rest of your life as you'd be clearly a danger to society just like Nally.
    You can say he shot a man leaving his property and technically you are right.

yes i am.
    He shot a man with 80 convictions and 38 court appearances.

who had left his property. what convictions and court appearances he had were irrelevant.
    Some would say Nally was a good judge of character.

yeah, anti traveler types and those who weren't brought up properly with proper morals
    I'll directly quote Nally : what happened on my farm – and what followed – had nothing whatsoever to do with Travellers. It was just me and another man….I felt I was under threat and in danger and I acted on the spur of the moment. A man lost his life that day and I’m sorry for the family of John Ward but I didn’t get up that morning thinking I was going to kill someone. I’m not that sort of person. I didn’t go looking for trouble. Trouble came looking for me.’

the fact he shot a man the second time when he had left the property says otherwise. no sympathy for him. he played the sympathy card and got lucky

yeah, anti traveler types and those who weren't brought up properly with proper morals

lol
    You don't know the Wards, do you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

For anyone that has skipped to the end of this, I'll sum up what has come so far:

Blaming Gardai.
    Blaming Gardai resources.
    Chain gangs.
    Supermax prisons.
    Corporal punishment/death penalty.
    Knackers.
    Frog Ward.
    People that defend travellers to the fucking end.
    Pauric McNally.
    Irish Water.

No Gerry Adams yet , bad thread.

Advertisement