Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 8 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

spiralism wrote: »
    Watched till about half time last night before falling asleep but i couldnt help notice its the same old problems for GB. How the **** has Dom Capers still got a job?

We've been asking that for the last three years. It's at the point now where if they insist on keeping him after this season, I honestly think it's time for McCarthy and even Ted Thompson to go, too. I would be willing to see the back of a very good HE and an excellent GM just because of the defensive coordinator, which shouldn't actually make any sense. But at this point it does, he is wasting the career of a QB who has been playing on a level arguably never seen before over the last several seasons, given the issues in the run game and on the offensive line he has had to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

kryogen wrote: »
    As a pairing they are well ahead of anything else, on a personal note I really like Gruden, love hearing his analysis of plays and mindset
    Have to say I've been very impressed by the new pairing of Chris Myers and Ronde Barber. Barber for me has already taken the mantle of best co-commentator. Myers is pretty good but not my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Collinsworth number one and Barber number two for me. Does anyone else really really dislike the Nantz and Simms duo? It's bad enough having to listen to them on a Sunday but it kills me that they're the only duo that's on twice a week. Simms especially is such a captain hindsight. I remember a couple of weeks ago he waited for a team to fail to recover an onside kick at the end of a game before announcing he would have kicked it deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Collingsworth is excellent on his own, but he gets and lot of prompts in his ear too. NBCs production team put hell of an amount of resources and preparation into their Sunday night game. To be honest i used enjoy madden aswell for his level of detail but he was obsessed with linemen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Wow, MNF has kicked off already. Just as well, feeling very tired. Can't take another 4am finish after Thursday night.

Murray piling up the yards early, nothing new here.

I don't hold out much hope, but maybe this one can stay competitive for a few quarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Romo sacked twice already and on 3rd downs too

oh yeah, is this the first time Jon has been commentating on brother Jay's Washington? Could be interesting if Washington play poorly.

Nice sack there - Romo does not look as mobile to me this year.

• Advertisement

That sack on Romo is exactly why is he not a great QB, he just doesn't read the situation well enough. No safety back there, he has to call an audible at the line there, they could have been in for a td on that play instead of the sack. If it was Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees and a couple of others they would have made you pay for having no safety back.

poldebruin wrote: »
    oh yeah, is this the first time Jon has been commentating on brother Jay's Washington? Could be interesting if Washington play poorly.

Nice sack there - Romo does not look as mobile to me this year.

No he was commentating on the skins last mon night game against the seahawkes i think it was

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:D Too easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The cowboys please me

shamrock55 wrote: »
    No he was commentating on the skins last mon night game against the seahawkes i think it was

Ah yes, I missed that one. 2 Monday games in 3 weeks for Washington? ESPN must be weeping.

Fumble!

kryogen wrote: »
    The cowboys please me

McCoy pleases me less.

some catch though

Mcoy isnt filling me with confidence here, they really should have put something on the board after recovering that fumble

No. 12 needs to turn DB for Washington there. Int Play looked like something from the CFL ....did you see the WR run about 20 yards behind the LOS in a huge arc?

Ah yes, I missed that one. 2 Monday games in 3 weeks for Washington? ESPN must be weeping.

Fumble!

Weeping why so?

If McCoy is going to throw interceptions like that, you may as well play Cousins, at least he's had reps recently and can throw a good football down field.

• Advertisement

If McCoy is going to throw interceptions like that, you may as well play Cousins, at least he's had reps recently and can throw a good football down field.

I think cousins would be the lesser evil tbh, we really are a bit hamstrung without rg3

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Weeping why so?

Washington aren't very good and have Kirk Cousins and Colt McCoy as their QB options. Not exactly box office at the moment.

Washington aren't very good and have Kirk Cousins and Colt McCoy as their QB options. Not exactly box office at the moment.

Huge fan base though

Jesus Christ Murray, I can't believe that, what the **** is he doing like just take what you had!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:D What a game.

**** me that pisses me off

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

What's the point in all the yards with so many fumbles.

What a cock up by murray there:eek::D

You accept Romo will turn it over stupidly, you look forward to that, most of the time. There is no excuse for that one from Murray, it was a huge gain, inside the 15 and all he had to do was secure the football, go out of bounds, hit the ground, he is a tank but with 4 or 5 players converging on you that is one ****ing dumb thing to do.

Everytime money goes from my account on to the Cowboys bad things happen :)

• Advertisement

Just one of the biggest franchises in the game is all;)

Advertisement