Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 8 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Not even a first down but first and 1 when it should have been inches.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,755 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

And I'd say that is that. When the Packers stopped the Saints on the first drive of the second half I thought the game was theirs for the taking but New Orleans and Brees have just upped it to a different gear since then.

eagle eye wrote: »
    And I'd say that is that. When the Packers stopped the Saints on the first drive of the second half I thought the game was theirs for the taking but New Orleans and Brees have just upped it to a different gear since then.

Bit early - It's never over. We're on the march at the min, if we get a TD this drive it's within reach.

Bit early - It's never over. We're on the march at the min, if we get a TD this drive it's within reach.
    Rodgers hasn't looked the same since he pulled up and felt his hammy. If this interception turns into points for the Saints I think they would be better taking him out and resting him. You have a bye week next week and it will give him loads of time to recover. No use leaving him out there and he suddenly tries to take off and does more serious damage to his leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Another interception of a deflection!

Stick a fork in it: we're done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

when your qb can barely move you dont leave him in thats common ****in sense

So yeah, EE you were probably right.

Talk about getting rode by the officials there.

WTF no challenge there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

A mate dropped over not a Packers fan, reckons that's one of the worst calls all season on defensive pass interfere earlier.

The refs deserve to be brought out the back and shot by sharks with guns in their mouths, and the guns shoot bees.

• Advertisement

WTF no challenge there?

It wouldn't matter if the ball came out at first contact, they're not ruling against the Saints tonight and that's that.

I'm sorry, but that was so dumb by McCarthy. We challenge and we lose, all we lose is TO and we're in the same position. Everyone knows our D can't stop ****. But judging on the video we probably win the challenge. Now its game over. Rest Rodgers and just call it a night.

Billy86 wrote: »
    It wouldn't matter if the ball came out at first contact, they're not ruling against the Saints tonight and that's that.
    Gotta say that I've always felt that Hochuli and his officials really do go with the hometown team.

Ah here, Saints D lineman jumps and not a budge from the officials. I'm steamed and I'm best off going to bed before I get more annoyed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

The over wins baby:D

I'm sure it's an old point but that that co-commentator for NBC is incredible with how he can see the game.

Well the same old dom capers is back, defence has been a travesty this half

I'm sure it's an old point but that that co-commentator for NBC is incredible with how he can see the game.

Chris Collinsworth? Yeah he's really good. Says the odd remarkably stupid thing here or there for whatever reason, but by and large probably the best around at what he does.

Well, the refs did way, way more than their bit to contribute and I can't recall a single bounce that went our way either, but truth is our real defence showed up again once challenged by a good offence, and Dick Lebeau still needs to go. He is good at beating bad offences, but utterly useless at doing anything against good ones. We went on a bit of a tear for the last few weeks, but all along most Packers fans had been in agreement that the quality of opposition played a big role and we were waiting on a real test. And we wiltered on defence, as usual, giving up our trademark 500+ yards, as usual, when faced with one. Seriously, what kind of team gives up over 170 yards on over 7 per carry to Mark fcuking Ingram?

Chris Collinsworth? Yeah he's really good. Says the odd remarkably stupid thing here or there for whatever reason, but by and large probably the best around at what he does.

Aye Carlson has pointed a few out (I don't get to watch that much) but Carlson and myself miss other stuff. That he can be so quick to have the marker and comments ready after 95% of plays is seriously impressive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Rodgers hamstrung?

Streak of 212 straight passes without an interception comes to an end. :(

That's a fair bit off. From his Int in the Seahawks game, up to his first Int in the Saints game, he threw 143 passes not 212.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Areyouwell wrote: »
    That's a fair bit off. From his Int in the Seahawks game, up to his first Int in the Saints game, he threw 143 passes not 212.

I should have said pass attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Well, the refs did way, way more than their bit to contribute and I can't recall a single bounce that went our way either, but truth is our real defence showed up again once challenged by a good offence, and Dick Lebeau still needs to go. He is good at beating bad offences, but utterly useless at doing anything against good ones. We went on a bit of a tear for the last few weeks, but all along most Packers fans had been in agreement that the quality of opposition played a big role and we were waiting on a real test. And we wiltered on defence, as usual, giving up our trademark 500+ yards, as usual, when faced with one. Seriously, what kind of team gives up over 170 yards on over 7 per carry to Mark fcuking Ingram?

Do you mean Dom capers?

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Do you mean Dom capers?

Yeah... It was late. :o

Yeah... It was late. :o

the fact we were easily beat in "double coverage" for 50+ yard td says it all really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Yes, Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth are the best, really adds to the game.

In general, apart from them, I think most NFL commentary is quite poor. I wasn't following the game until after John Madden retired, but was watching an old Super Bowl with him recently, and thought he was brilliant.

It also kind of highlighted how poor in comparison most present-day commentary teams are. Who's next after Michaels-Collinsworth? Tirico-Gruden? (I know it's a distant second)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I crashed shortly after Rodgers looked to be after doing something to his hamstring, I assume that was a big factor in the result?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

padraig_f wrote: »
    Yes, Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth are the best, really adds to the game.

In general, apart from them, I think most NFL commentary is quite poor. I wasn't following the game until after John Madden retired, but was watching an old Super Bowl with him recently, and thought he was brilliant.

It also kind of highlighted how poor in comparison most present-day commentary teams are. Who's next after Michaels-Collinsworth? Tirico-Gruden? (I know it's a distant second)

As a pairing they are well ahead of anything else, on a personal note I really like Gruden, love hearing his analysis of plays and mindset

kryogen wrote: »
    I crashed shortly after Rodgers looked to be after doing something to his hamstring, I assume that was a big factor in the result?

Not too big in the end actually, he was able to scramble 10-15 yards for a TD. what really did it was a) the refs overturning a first down call that was the very definition of disputable (if anything, the evidence pointed to it being a first down) and spotting it unrealistically short... b) the refs giving us penalty after tricky tacky penalty including a 50+ yard defensive pass interference call on House just for getting ahead of his man that the US command Ch4 crew each labelled "ridiculous"... and c) our sh*t defence reverting to being our sh*t defence. No spine, no character, no leadership, no aggression, no tackling and no play calling ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Watched till about half time last night before falling asleep but i couldnt help notice its the same old problems for GB. How the **** has Dom Capers still got a job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Was looking forward to the GB & Saints game all day, but I too joined the unconscious brigade just after half time.:(

Advertisement