Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 8 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

eagle eye wrote: »
    This could turn out to be a great thing for Dallas, I like Weeden a lot. I think he will do well with a team that can run the ball and give him some time.

It's gonna be very very bad for Dallas IMO. This is gonna be a low scoring slogfest at the end up.

Imo it possibly makes Dallas a better team.

I'm not even a Romo fan but Weeden is terribad. But again that's my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

With Romo gone, it's an even enough ball game.

It was even enough when he was there i thought

Desean ya beauty!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

I don't think Weeden has shown anything in his career that would make me think he's an upgrade over Tony Romo. He might be serviceable though behind that line and a good running game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Had over 49 points but also McCoy over 230.5 so should more or less break even there, about a €2 loss. Also have Skins -1 just put on during the ad break... GOOD MAN MCCOY! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Touchdown baby:cool:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss:D

Now let's all hope Weedon is still Weedon. :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

If all my bets come in on this game it will be my biggest win on a single NFL game, talking 4 figures touch wood.

• Advertisement

poldebruin wrote: »
    I don't think Weeden has shown anything in his career that would make me think he's an upgrade over Tony Romo. He might be serviceable though behind that line and a good running game.

Agree full-heartedly.. there isn't a fear in **** of him driving the Cowboys to a win IMO

If all my bets come in on this game it will be my biggest win on a single NFL game, talking 4 figures touch wood.

Gizza fiver will yeh.

Great job though, I couldn't figure out what way to go with this one so just stuck on two small ones to keep it interesting. Was figuring big enough Dallas lead for the over followed by junk time yards to get McCoy over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Imo it possibly makes Dallas a better team.

I'd agree with you. if it was late in the season 2-3 years ago.

Big criticism of the cowboys in the off season along heaps of other things was Backup at QB behind Romo. I mean if you have a starting QB that sits out a day of practice every week to rest his back you should have a better or more seasoned back up then Brandon Weeden.

As much as he has brought so much entertainment over the years. If this is serious i really feel sorry for him because he deserves the chance to prove to people he can now delivery late in the season and possibly the playoffs.

Yeah the Romo hate is by and large bullsh**. He isn't amazing or anything, but is at least comfortably on the level of Cutler, Stafford and the likes. I don't want to jinx it by saying Weedon is terrible right now, but he's... not as good. :o

EDIT: AH COCK, TOO LATE!

Sorry lads, that one's on me. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 37,754 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ok. so anybody changing their mind about Weeden?

Billy86 wrote: »
    Yeah the Romo hate is by and large bullsh**. He isn't amazing or anything, but is at least comfortably on the level of Cutler, Stafford and the likes. I don't want to jinx it by saying Weedon is terrible right now, but he's... not as good. :o

EDIT: AH COCK, TOO LATE!

I'm with ya there. Romo has done a lot of dumb stuff in years previous but so has Cutler and co. He gets a lot more heat than Cutler/Eli and others because of who he plays for and when it happens. Weeden is completely unproven and is lucky enough tonight to have Murray with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

The way Weeden is playing (and Murray), there is no point in risking Romo by putting him back in

Not just yet... (I am about 2 mins behind watching a stream though).

I'm with ya there. Romo has done a lot of dumb stuff in years previous but so has Cutler and co. He gets a lot more heat than Cutler/Eli and others because of who he plays for and when it happens. Weeden is completely unproven and is lucky enough tonight to have Murray with him.

He also has rarely had anything to bail him out like a run game, or anything resembling a defence, or most of the time until very recently a good line to get time behind. It's amazing how much hate he gets for someone that has achieved all he has as a UDFA QB (220+ TDs, 30,000+ yards, fifth of so highest ever QBR).

But feck Weedon anyway. Hmph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,754 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I put up a post earlier tonight where the middle of the field was empty and the Skins were coming for him. If he was a good QB he would have seen that and called an audible but he went with the designed play and got sacked.

It was an awful decision and he really has gotten a lot more time as a starter than he ever should have. I always liked Weeden, he played with an awful Browns team. This is the first real opportunity for him to show what he can do with a decent team and I think he will grab this opportunity with both hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

He's having a good game. Kirk Cousins, Chad Henne and Matt Flynn have good games too and he's probably around that sort of level. But he had 2 years to look like a starter at Cleveland and he didn't.

My mind is open if he shows it, but I won't be anointing him just yet. A big screen, a blown coverage for TD and a fumbled handoff are my takeaways so far.

This is the first real opportunity for him to show what he can do with a decent team and I think he will grab this opportunity with both hands.

I'm sure he will try, but there is no doubt a healthy (and possibly a crocked) Romo will be the starter come what may tonight.

WTF? My McCoy bet is now won, but just checked the other one and they moved it to -2 even though I bet on -1 during an ad break?

Doubtful it plays a role with how the score it, but that's serious bullsh**.

I put up a post earlier tonight where the middle of the field was empty and the Skins were coming for him. If he was a good QB he would have seen that and called an audible but he went with the designed play and got sacked.

It was an awful decision and he really has gotten a lot more time as a starter than he ever should have. I always liked Weeden, he played with an awful Browns team. This is the first real opportunity for him to show what he can do with a decent team and I think he will grab this opportunity with both hands.

I'd agree with ya there about it really being a poisonous situation for Weeden to walk into at the Browns but I think he's just far too obvious with his throws to ever be a starting QB for any side. And he's at a serious disadvantage with his age. Romo, as much as he's hated, has achieved a lot more sometimes with just Dez and Witten (and Witten hasn't added a lot this year bar that TD tonight). Must have a look on that play ya put up though.

Billy86 wrote: »
    WTF? My McCoy bet is now won, but just checked the other one and they moved it to -2 even though I bet on -1 during an ad break?

Doubtful it plays a role with how the score it, but that's serious bullsh**.

I'd get onto the live chat of whatever firm asap if I was you regardless.

Ha! Lovely call on 4th. Fair play to Washington. Could be a game winning decision.

Redskins up in FG range.

EDIT: FFS, delay of game would make it a 55 yarder now! :mad:

• Advertisement

Spider 2 Y banana!

Advertisement