Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likeable Irish Celebs

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Another vote for Martin King.

Top man, really dead on. Used to live beside Brent Pope. Thoroughly decent man. Have met Rory McIlroy on a few occasions through family, in a private setting and he was a lovely, lovely fella. Yvonne Keating, Ronan's ex, used to frequent a place that I worked in when I was in university. Lovely woman. She could talk the back legs off a donkey.

Shame the isn't a thread for Irish celebs I dislike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I've heard nothing but good things about Twink

I presume you have not heard the "zip up..." tapes:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Actually anyone here ever bumped into Van Morrison ? Urban legend is he refers to everyone as motherfcuker and comes across as a right arrogant twat but those who know him say thats just Van.

I met Van Morrison a few times when I worked as a lounge boy in a pub he liked to frequent. He's a cranky old bastard, but not a particularly bad one.

Samantha Mumba

A friend of mine met her on some acting job, where he had a bit part. He said at one point they were side by side in the make-up chairs. He tried to pass the time of day but she looked at him like something she'd just stepped in and simply said "As if."

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I'd say he is a nice guy. I still listen to him on the radio on Saturdays. Many moons ago, he used to include a kind of film critic thing on his evening radio show, and he recommended "Withnail and I", and for that, I am eternally grateful. One of my favourite films of all time.

I met him once at some roadshow thing he was involved in, back in the mid 90s, while very drunk. I was very drunk I mean, he was sober. I talked complete ****e at him for about 15 minutes, including holding him responsible for Blur not winning some award he was involved with, but he couldn't have been nicer, including taking the time to defend the actual award winners!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

shuffles88 wrote: »
    Ryan Tubridy, Ray D'arcy, and David O'Doherty were all really nice to chat to. Despite Tubridy and D'arcy regularly being touted as pompous arsebags, I found them really pleasant. Tubridy especially is a bleedin' saint as he met my bf's mother outside of Vincents Hospital and she bent his ear for a good 10 minutes about the smoking regulations and other inane waffle.

Agree with all those three. Have met Tubridy and D'arcy a few times and they're both sound out. Tubridy especially. But in fairness Ray is grand as well- his show has gone a bit ranty but he's still a nice guy. It's a shame Ryan can't seem to quite get the Late Late right- although he's by far the best presenter when it comes to the Toy Show. Absolutely brilliant with the children and really looks like he's having a ball.
    I'm going to say Marty Morrissey just because of his funny head.

Cannot believe there isn't more Marty love here! I've met him a good few times through mutual friends and he's an absolute sound dote. Great craic and so so friendly.

I met Mary McAleese when she was president, I really liked her. She came across as a very warm person.

I'm going to say Will Leahy from 2fm as well. Not exactly A-list but he'd be well known. Treated absolutely deplorably by 2fm but he just seems like a nice man and his show is greatly missed, especially on Fridays. Still have no idea what the hell 2fm were at cancelling his show.

Oh and Sean Moncrieff would be good to go for a few scoops with too I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

Conor Mcgregor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

Brendan Kilkenny :D

Advertisement