Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likeable Irish Celebs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Paul O Connell, even though he would hate to be called a celebrity, it an absolute gentleman. Have met him 4 times in different places away from rugby and every time he is so humble and polite. Pure gent.

Neven Maguire the chef, another lovely guy.

Ray D'Arcy, one of the nicest guys I have met.

Brian McFadden, ex west life, met him a few times years ago, and he was really sound. Very funny, great impersonator, great craic, had a few good nights socially in his company.

He has no willy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

John sheahan from the dubliners

Sorry for spelling you're name wrong John if you are reading this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Biffo Cowen.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Two Tone from Limehouse

shuffles88 wrote: »
    Ryan Tubridy, Ray D'arcy, and David O'Doherty were all really nice to chat to. Despite Tubridy and D'arcy regularly being touted as pompous arsebags, I found them really pleasant. Tubridy especially is a bleedin' saint as he met my bf's mother outside of Vincents Hospital and she bent his ear for a good 10 minutes about the smoking regulations and other inane waffle.

No, not D'arcy, no

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Two Tone from Limehouse

Paul O Connell, even though he would hate to be called a celebrity, it an absolute gentleman. Have met him 4 times in different places away from rugby and every time he is so humble and polite. Pure gent.

Brian McFadden, ex west life, met him a few times years ago, and he was really sound. Very funny, great impersonator, great craic, had a few good nights socially in his company.

Right, tubridy and McFadden, no way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

No, not D'arcy, no

'fraid so komisabe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Never met him, but I'd meet Jerry Flannery the odd time, I wouldn't class sports people as celebrities though, but Flannery is sound out. I've never mentioned I'm originally from Leinster though :p

Actually I interviewed Tony Ward for the school newspaper about 20 years back when Ireland were doing well in the rugby, another gent of a man!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Right, tubridy and McFadden, no way

I never mentioned tubridy??

Although he is supposed to be a lovely guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 grazzer

Marty Whelan. Met him once at an event I was working at and he's a sweetheart!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

Ryan Tubridy was always now of those people i loved to hate but I've met him twice and he was really sound both times and now i don't know what to think anymore.
    I don't like him as a presenter but he does seem to be sound enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭WILL NEVER LOG OFF

with the exception of Paul O'Connell, I would fling myself oot of a moving taxi if I had to cab-share with any of those. I have personal experience of one of them acting the celebrity gobshíte in a crowded restaurant, but i'm too ladylike/ afraid of libel laws to say why!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Liam Neeson....thread/

He has a great sense of humor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Lyger

He has a great sense of humor

Love that clip so much. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Michael Fassbender, he's not actually Irish by nationality but has an Irish parent and loved here most of his life, in Kerry I think it was.

Cillian Murphy.

Brendan Gleeson.

Collin Farrell

Saoirse Ronan

These are all actually 'true' celebrities in my opinion, there are more but can't think of them, rather than some of the people listed ITT who are well known but not considered proper celebrities. There's something about lots of Irish actors that get big in Hollywood as well, they're able to stay so grounded and humble, at least appearing to be, whereas some of the wasters that get considered as celebs here in our own island seem to get carried away and think they're above everyone and everything else. Makes you wonder how bad those kind would be if they were actually world famous celebrity faces, then again it's probably why they're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Had a brief chat with Mundy after one of his gigs, was a really nice fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

Someone mentioned Francis Brennan earlier.

I was in our local bookstore last week when he was signing copies of his book. He does seem like a nice man.

My dad said he was funny on The Late Late a few weeks ago, showing Ryan the proper way to serve tea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

Rosanna Davison. I like the arse off her

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Imelda May
    Not a big huge celeb but Franc seems very nice, Francis Brennan...
    Jon Kenny
    Sharon Shannon is very nice.
    Sinead O'Connor seems nice, but talking to her must feel like walking on eggshells.
    Brendan O'Carroll

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

I'd likeable to kick the head off that Brian Ormonde.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Dara O'Briain looks like he'd be decent to go for a few pints with.
    I've been compared to him before. Eh...I've still got a most of my hair and am taller than him!

But yeah, I think I'd get on well with him. I know scienctician stuff too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Michael Fassbender, he's not actually Irish by nationality but has an Irish parent and loved here most of his life, in Kerry I think it was.

These are all actually 'true' celebrities in my opinion, there are more but can't think of them, rather than some of the people listed ITT who are well known but not considered proper celebrities. There's something about lots of Irish actors that get big in Hollywood as well, they're able to stay so grounded and humble, at least appearing to be, whereas some of the wasters that get considered as celebs here in our own island seem to get carried away and think they're above everyone and everything else. Makes you wonder how bad those kind would be if they were actually world famous celebrity faces, then again it's probably why they're not.

Lived in Killarney since he was 2 and is back quite a good bit by all accounts.

Still friends with the lads he was friends with when he was in school, which I think says a lot.

I did hear that when Shame was released his parents drove up to Ballincollig cinema in Cork to see it because of all the nudey/sex bits rather than go see it in Killarney cinema which I think is just hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭crannglas

realies wrote: »
    Roddy Doyle

Sinead o Connor

Finbar fury
    I know the fureys the whole family are salt of earth. And their music is legend. Larry Mullins is lovely person. Louis Walsh was when I knew him during time he managed OTT from system nightclub. Don't know how he is now. Still seems nice. Johnathn Reece Myers lovely person. Stephen gately god rest him lovely guy. Brendan grace is a diamond! All the chieftans are lovely .Met or know them all and lovely. Christy Moore seems lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Roy keane.... Lovely bloke ... Just make sure your mobile phone doesn't go off while your talking to him .

He just kind of comes across as very approachable , has time to stop and talk to the fans . Tell happy stories about his man united days.

Next time I see him I'm 100% sure stopping him and talking to him would be the right thing to do .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Lived in Killarney since he was 2 and is back quite a good bit by all accounts.

Still friends with the lads he was friends with when he was in school, which I think says a lot.

I did hear that when Shame was released his parents drove up to Ballincollig cinema in Cork to see it because of all the nudey/sex bits rather than go see it in Killarney cinema which I think is just hilarious.

Lol, like something my parents would do if i was in that situation. Although I'd be ordering them to not watch it but you know how that goes, you tell someone to not look at something and they get even more curious. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a body double either so his parents pretty much paid to see their sons dick flopping about on the big screen lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Roy keane.... Lovely bloke ... Just make sure your mobile phone doesn't go off while your talking to him .

He just kind of comes across as very approachable , has time to stop and talk to the fans . Tell happy stories about his man united days.

Next time I see him I'm 100% sure stopping him and talking to him would be the right thing to do .

As someone who used to really dislike Roy Keane, I really like him now. He seems to have a great sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Roy just loves to sign autographs and reminisce about his United days. Always going on about the good old days with "Sir Alex"
    Just so humble and generous with his time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano

I'm going to say Marty Morrissey just because of his funny head.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

And what if roy's phone were to go off while he was speaking to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Christy Dignam actually, met him the first time Aslan were out years before they regrouped and had that 'Crazy World' song. I was working in the bar they were playing in, really can't remember meeting the other members of the band, but Christy was sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

keith16 wrote: »
    Brian O'Driscoll.

An outstanding individual.

Ah yeah BOD comes accross as a very sincere and genuine nice guy.

Advertisement