Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Crap on Adams, Mod Warning in OP.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Fr. Ned wrote: »

Has Enda mentioned it in the Dail...met any of the survivors?
    Oh I forgot...compassion only stretches so far. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,415 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Mary Lou was buried into the seat in the Dáil yesterday beside him, I think she might be wishing she stayed in FF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

Happyman42 wrote: »

you must remember that in the dail they are v busy and dont have as much time for reasoned debate as us. Oh i said reasoned, that may have to be edited later. theres no reasoning with some people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

It woz 'The Brits' what done it.

*Slow hand clap.
    I think you'll find we now call them "UK/RUC/UVF", not "The Brits" thanks to recent mod rulings.

I'd say her @rse cheeks were clenched so tight during leaders questions yesterday, she had to have them surgically separated later that evening.
    Much as The Independent has to have Enda's cock surgically removed from its mouth every morning.

• Advertisement

They should say something bad about SF for a bit of magical fast tracking.

Eamondomc wrote: »
    you must remember that in the dail they are v busy and dont have as much time for reasoned debate as us. Oh i said reasoned, that may have to be edited later. theres no reasoning with some people.

So that would be a No then.

Has the very busy compassionate man found time to meet Lousie O'Keefe and introduce child protection legislation he was directed to do 8 months ago?

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/enda-kenny-confirms-commitment-to-meet-louise-o-keeffe-1.1954625

Maybe you can reason that to Louise O'Keefe and how Maria Cahill got to jump the queue. No political advantage in meeting her at all at all at all.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Much as The Independent has to have Enda's cock surgically removed from its mouth every morning.

lol lol lol jesus this gets better and better all the time hehehehehehehhee

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

lol lol lol jesus this gets better and better all the time hehehehehehehhee

Indeed, the Info are FG cheerleaders now?

The foot soldiers are pulling out all the stops to defend the 'innoshent maaawn Juuury'.

So that would be a No then.

Has the very busy compassionate man found time to meet Lousie O'Keefe and introduce child protection legislation he was directed to do 8 months ago?

Maybe you can reason that to Louise O'Keefe and how Maria Cahill got to jum the queue. No political advantage in meeting her at all at all at all.

I defend none of the politicians but so much off thread chat here it is getting hard to keep up. I place them all in the same place as survivors by any means possible evev if it means lying or at least stalling. This thread specifically has Gerry Adams as the named polotician and that is why we all keep at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Ah but the perps in Kincora don't run for political office down here.
    Not as far as I know anyway, I could be wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Maybe you should open a thread on it and stop clogging up this one about it.

Godge wrote: »
    Maybe you should open a thread on it and stop clogging up this one about it.

Maybe you should give up the back seat moderating for once.
    Although you may like to think it, it's not the godge thread.
    Other people's thoughts are allowed too.

Maybe you should give up the back seat moderating for once.
    Although you may like to think it, it's not the godge thread.
    Other people's thoughts are allowed too.
    But why report it to the authorities when you can convince yourself of guilt through a trial by media? Sound familiar? :-)

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    But why report it to the authorities when you can convince yourself of guilt through a trial by media? Sound familiar? :-)

Are you not using media too?????????

Are you not using media too?????????

That's a fair point too.
    I don't think slagging matches on forums like this really serve any purpose other than allowing posters with a long history of attacking Sinn Fein to vent their fury and posters with a long history of defending Sinn Fein, well, defend them.
    It's a futile activity really, anonymous posters going back and forward with the same arguments with a few insults and personal attacks thrown in to liven it up.

That's a fair point too.
    I don't think slagging matches on forums like this really serve any purpose other than allowing posters with a long history of attacking Sinn Fein to vent their fury and posters with a long history of defending Sinn Fein, well, defend them.
    It's a futile activity really, anonymous posters going back and forward with the same arguments with a few insults and personal attacks thrown in to liven it up.

If you look at my posts I have not in general attacked sinn fein in fact defended them at times. But Gerry Adams defense on this issue was poor and at times embarrassing as well as some other sinn fein officials. Any criticism is purely on this issue.

That's a fair point too.

Anyway, it's starting to slip off the front pages now, the redtops and sindo will persist but I reckon most civilised Irish people will realise what that is all about at this stage. .Not much more to be said unless Maria can prove something, and she is on a very sticky wicket there.

If you look at my posts I have not in general attacked sinn fein in fact defended them at times. But Gerry Adams defense on this issue was poor and at times embarrassing as well as some other sinn fein officials. Any criticism is purely on this issue.

Yea, I've seen that ok.
    Thing is though, that this country has had a long and incredibly bad record of dealing with sexual abuse.
    FFail and FG ignored it for decades fearing they would lose their, mainly Catholic, core vote. Thousands of kids were raped, beaten and even murdered because of this.
    The PIRA had their way of dealing with it in a part of the country where there was no police force, well not for Catholics anyway.
    Personally, as a father of two boys and a little girl, I'd have the death sentence for child rapists if I could but that's not going to happen.

Yea, I've seen that ok.
    Thing is though, that this country has had a long and incredibly bad record of dealing with sexual abuse.
    FFail and FG ignored it for decades fearing they would lose their, mainly Catholic, core vote. Thousands of kids were raped, beaten and even murdered because of this.
    The PIRA had their way of dealing with it in a part of the country where there was no police force, well not for Catholics anyway.
    Personally, as a father of two boys and a little girl, I'd have the death sentence for child rapists if I could but that's not going to happen.
    Good post. and I mainly agree. But 2 wrongs dont make a right. If this was about any other political leader sinn fein would tear them to shreds and rightly so but its not and they are not. That to me is dissapointing.

• Advertisement

Good post. and I mainly agree. But 2 wrongs dont make a right. If this was about any other political leader sinn fein would tear them to shreds and rightly so but its not and they are not. That to me is dissapointing.

True enough.
    I'm not sure where SF are going to go with it or how they'll deal with.
    It's probably time Adams stepped aside and let the younger TD's have their way, Adams is holding them back now.
    Let the courts deal with him if he has any charges to answer.

True enough.
    It's probably time Adams stepped aside and let the younger TD's have their way, Adams is holding them back now.

Again agreed. good post and the best bit of sense on here so far.

True enough.
    If Enda and co. can help themselves from scuppering any possibility of a conviction for anybody with their insistence on politicising at every opportunity.

Anyway, it's starting to slip off the front pages now, the redtops and sindo will persist but I reckon most civilised Irish people will realise what that is all about at this stage. .Not much more to be said unless Maria can prove something, and she is on a very sticky wicket there.

Your posts are now tiring and old read Fr Ned he has it in my opinion

Unfortunately there are some posters on here who don't want the cosy cartel of FFail and FG broken up and this is the perfect opportunity to put the boot in. Some of the faux outrage we've seen is quite pathetic.
    You can go back 5 years in their posting history and see their hatred for Sinn Fein, even for MaryLou McDonald back then, long before this came out. Older people, who have loads of time on their hands, only know being ruled by either FFail or FG, anything new is a threat, so forgive me for questioning their motives on this subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Unfortunately there are some posters on here who don't want the cosy cartel of FFail and FG broken up and this is the perfect opportunity to put the boot in. Some of the faux outrage we've seen is quite pathetic.
    You can go back 5 years in their posting history and see their hatred for Sinn Fein, even for MaryLou McDonald back then, long before this came out. Older people only know being ruled by either FFail or FG, anything new is a threat, so forgive me for questioning their motives.

You don't know anything about posters and their motivation.

I have personal experience of the effects of child sexual abuse and my outrage on this particular issue is far from being faux.

The way that some people defend SF/IRA antics on this sicken me to the core.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

You can go back 5 years in their posting history and see their hatred for Sinn Fein, even for MaryLou McDonald back then, long before this came out. Older people, who have loads of time on their hands, only know being ruled by either FFail or FG, anything new is a threat, so forgive me for questioning their motives.

sorry, but is this the best that supporters can do? Hand wave absolutely anything because it's just the "same old, same old", and probably used by Fianna Fail and Fine Gael as a political football (duh).

That it? Really?

Oh God we're going to hear about fecking Gerry McCabe from the hand-wringing Fianna Fail apologists. Don't they know we were fighting a war?

sorry, but is this the best that supporters can do? Hand wave absolutely anything because it's just the "same old, same old", and probably used by Fianna Fail and Fine Gael as a political football (duh).

That it? Really?

Oh God we're going to hear about fecking Gerry McCabe from the hand-wringing Fianna Fail apologists. Don't they know we were fighting a war?

So, you think a poster with a long history of attacking Sinn Fein on this very board is capable of having a rational discussion of this subject?

That it? Really?

i think thats an inappropriate quote man. jesus you are talking about a murder in Gerry McCabe. No question there. Was gerry at war with you

• Advertisement

Godge wrote: »
    You don't know anything about posters and their motivation.

I have personal experience of the effects of child sexual abuse and my outrage on this particular issue is far from being faux.

The way that some people defend SF/IRA antics on this sicken me to the core.

Who is defending child sex abuse though?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement